Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-21-2016, 04:08 AM   #1
Agla
Super Admin
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Random question thread #2

I'm having fun reading about the answers to the other question so here is another one. I need ideas for for field trips.

Stevensmom and I both went to the pumpkin patch recently. She was brave enough to take 55 kids. I just took my two.

What was your last field trip? Outing? How did it go?

We all got to pick our own pumpkin and I had to convince the boys to pick ones they could actually carry. I didn't realize how much my youngest was going to like this but he hugs all three pumpkins when we leave or come back. They are sitting on my front steps. It's so cute.

Advertisement

Last edited by Agla; 10-21-2016 at 09:52 AM.
Agla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 05:26 AM   #2
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Random question thread #2

Field trip--We went to the zoo, I took 7. It went well and the weather was lovely.

Outing--my mom and I took the kids (7) shopping and out to eat yesterday. One of them was cranky and broke out in hives terribly, and the weather was cool and windy, but for seven kids on an all day shopping adventure I am counting it a success.

Last edited by jen_batten; 10-21-2016 at 05:30 AM.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 09:31 AM   #3
stevensmom
Administrator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yep pumpkin patch with 55 kids mainly 3-5 year olds. Of course they all had their parents with them. And it decided to torrential down pour right when we were out in the field. So we didn't venture out much past the tractor to find our pumpkins. The kids are required to carry their own pumpkin but none wanted to. Should have picked up bigger ones if I knew the adults were going to carry them

Outing today is just with my three kids. We need to go to my classroom and get next week set up. Then we have to go shopping for my nieces birthday.
BabyBoyBlueBoutique
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 09:33 AM   #4
stevensmom
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Oh and our next class field trip is the tree farm to pick out a class tree. That's the first Thursday in December. Hopefully it will be warmer then years pass. One year it was 15' out!!!

Weather and field trips you can never get what you want.
BabyBoyBlueBoutique
Old 10-21-2016, 10:01 AM   #5
Agla
Super Admin
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
Field trip--We went to the zoo, I took 7. It went well and the weather was lovely.

Outing--my mom and I took the kids (7) shopping and out to eat yesterday. One of them was cranky and broke out in hives terribly, and the weather was cool and windy, but for seven kids on an all day shopping adventure I am counting it a success.
I haven't been to the zoo in ages. I'd like to plan a trip there.

Outing-I dragged two of them two the discount place for some things I need for my kitchen reorganization. They behaved and I got them some snacks there since they cooperated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
Yep pumpkin patch with 55 kids mainly 3-5 year olds. Of course they all had their parents with them. And it decided to torrential down pour right when we were out in the field. So we didn't venture out much past the tractor to find our pumpkins. The kids are required to carry their own pumpkin but none wanted to. Should have picked up bigger ones if I knew the adults were going to carry them

Outing today is just with my three kids. We need to go to my classroom and get next week set up. Then we have to go shopping for my nieces birthday.
I wanted huge ones but quickly realized that they had to carry them so we were going to end up with squashed ones if we went too big.

I was worried that my knee was going to act up but luckily it was fine that day and I was able to chase them around.

Quote:
Oh and our next class field trip is the tree farm to pick out a class tree. That's the first Thursday in December. Hopefully it will be warmer then years pass. One year it was 15' out!!!

Weather and field trips you can never get what you want.
I'm not sure what our next field trip is. We had a special Spanish program come to their group yesterday and that was fun but they came to us. I think the plan is to do one more outdoor before December but there is no predicting the weather.
Old 10-21-2016, 10:08 AM   #6
stevensmom
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Oh I am going on a walking field trip with my 9 year olds class to our local lake/stream to look at salmon spawning grounds. That's mid November. Bring out the rain gear and boots!
BabyBoyBlueBoutique
Old 10-21-2016, 01:27 PM   #7
lilwoods2be
Registered Users
seller

Canoeing! We took our 1 year old, golden retriever and anatolian shepherd out on our canoe. First time for the 1 year old and anatolian. They both loved it. The anatolian because he got to run around off leash on a sand bar island in the middle of the lake and chase deer. How deer got out there I do not know haha! The 1 year old because water! He is enamored with it.
lilwoods2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 01:31 PM   #8
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
We've gone to the doctors office and the BMV this week... does that count? Also Hobby Lobby
Old 10-21-2016, 01:50 PM   #9
andunc02
Registered Users

My Mood:

We've been to the doctors and grocery lol.

The farmers market has a co-op event tomorrow that I'm planning on taking my three to. It's a free event but I have no idea if any of the activities have a cost so we'll see how much we do. It's supposed to be sunny and in the low 60's so not too bad.
andunc02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 02:57 PM   #10
Agla
Super Admin
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Oh I am going on a walking field trip with my 9 year olds class to our local lake/stream to look at salmon spawning grounds. That's mid November. Bring out the rain gear and boots!
That sounds cool. We took our kids to the fish hatchery and I wasn't sure if they'd like it but they thought it was cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilwoods2be View Post
Canoeing! We took our 1 year old, golden retriever and anatolian shepherd out on our canoe. First time for the 1 year old and anatolian. They both loved it. The anatolian because he got to run around off leash on a sand bar island in the middle of the lake and chase deer. How deer got out there I do not know haha! The 1 year old because water! He is enamored with it.
That sounds awesome. We haven't taken the kids on a canoe in ages. How did you get the one year old to sit still. Did you wear him her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionably Green Baby View Post
We've gone to the doctors office and the BMV this week... does that count? Also Hobby Lobby
Making it out of the house counts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andunc02 View Post
We've been to the doctors and grocery lol.

The farmers market has a co-op event tomorrow that I'm planning on taking my three to. It's a free event but I have no idea if any of the activities have a cost so we'll see how much we do. It's supposed to be sunny and in the low 60's so not too bad.
That sounds like perfect weather. I hope it isn't too expensive. Our local farmers market is outrageously expensive.