Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-31-2017, 07:40 AM   #1
MinekaC
Registered Users

Need to vent: Diaper listing changed after order

I needed to vent about this, and figured you folks might understand my irritation.
Background:
Two months ago, we got some bamboo charcoal (I know, I know) inserts. The listing said they could go against babies skin so I thought "Great! I'll add a snap and put these in my shells!" Well, nope. Baby did NOT like these.
She'd be in them for an hour, and I'd remove her diaper to see the start of a pink rash. The longer she was in them (even if I changed them, so they weren't "full") the rash would deepen. Finally after three days off/on trying, and seeing the rash disappear when she was in cotton prefolds (prefold could be saturated, and still wouldn't get a rash so it wasn't the urine being against her skin), but it would come back with the BC I tucked them away and gave up; planning to sell them.

Current day:
Well she's not becoming a rolling dervish and it's hard to get things on her. So we've been geting some pocket diapers.
I ordered a white suede lined pocket diaper from wish (double gusset, wanted to check that out and maybe add it to some of the kawaii/alva pockets I bought).
I repeat, white suede lined. After the BC incident you can understand why I'd be specific in NOT ordering a BC lined pocket.
Between my order, and recieving the pocket diaper, the listing was altered and now it's a BC lined diaper.
Initiate freak out.
I thought "Maybe they ran out of the others. No biggie. I'll wait till it arrives and go from there."
Well, it arrived. Guess what? Bamboo charcoal, SON OF A ....

So now I have a pocket diaper, that I'm not going to use, because I don't see the point in risking a rash. But I also can't find out how to prove the listing was altered, unless there's some way to record it.
I'm just so irritated, I KNOW I didn't order a BC pocket.
(the store also altered another listing, but at least I got the right colour on that one, and a third diaper the listing wasn't altered, but they sent the wrong pocket exterior. UGH!)
I'm just very very miffed about this whole thing. Three diapers, and only one is the correct one. ARGH!

Advertisement

MinekaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 08:48 AM   #2
missydawn
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Need to vent: Diaper listing changed after order

Was this on ebay?
Homeschool Buyer CO-OP = Great Homeschool Deals
missydawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 09:12 AM   #3
Sherry
Registered Users
seller

Sorry that happened to you...sounds like some dishonest listing going on there.

I had never heard of this charcoal bamboo product until this post (I've been out of dipe making for awhile). Went to ebay and looked...the color alone is very off-putting to me. Meh. I'll stick with regular obv...it's scrumptious.
Old 05-31-2017, 11:39 AM   #4
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Charcoal bamboo is Mircofiber bamboo combination.

I agree where did you buy it? If ebay they always side with the buyer and you can get your money back. If you bought online with your Credit Card I would try to let the company fix it and if they won't then file with your credit card with what happened and they will give you the money back and go after the company.

I've only filed with my credit card twice but its been worth it and they make it pretty simple these days, its just a form to fill out and submit.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool and my Tinkle Traps Review. Everything must go! Check Lots: CV, TR, WL

Last edited by Pixi6s; 05-31-2017 at 11:40 AM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 07:50 AM   #5
MinekaC
Registered Users

I got them from Wish.com
I had contacted their CS; but they just said "This is what the listing said, so looks like the seller did send you the correct thing." It's not worth it to argue with them. The seller sent the wrong pattern, so they said "keep
Since the seller sent the wrong pattern for one diaper, they're having them send the correct pattern. So I'll still have the right number of pocket diapers I CAN use in the end.
Although I really wanted to have the double gusset. Oh well. I can sew secondary gussets into the other pockets, now that I see how it's done on the BC.

I did it with PP, since I don't trust giving my CC numbers out to wish. I looked into that, but since it's a lump sum and blah blah blah.

I just wish I had taken a screenshot, with the store, and my order, and everything. I can't believe they can't go into their system and see that the listing was altered. Makes me so mad!
I don't get why the BC is such a craze right now, if it's got microfiber; cause wouldn't that cause a rash with all tiny butts?
Old 06-05-2017, 11:56 AM   #6
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you used a paypal balance its a harder fight. If you used your CC through PP then you can still have your CC go after wish.com if you want.

Sounds like it all ended okay but i know its still frustrating.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool and my Tinkle Traps Review. Everything must go! Check Lots: CV, TR, WL
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 04:59 PM   #7
MinekaC
Registered Users

Pixi6s, yea. I figured, I'm going to end up with the right amount of diapers that are useable. So there's no point in making a huge deal.
Maybe I can see if a fellow cloth momma locally wants/can use it. It's to much work to remove the liner and put something else in/convert it to a cover.