Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-03-2015, 06:32 PM   #1
CAaddict
Registered Users
seller

Fluff Love & CD Science

My apologies if this has been discussed before.
What's the deal with FL&CDS? I've been away from the game for a few years, and it seems these boards have quieted waaayyyyy down while this Fluff Love Facebook page is getting tons of traffic.
Opinions?
It seems a little rigid to me, but maybe that's helpful?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement

CAaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 08:47 PM   #2
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Fluff Love & CD Science

I don't like either of those sites for a few different reasons, one of them being that some CD parents follow them like a bible and when they have issues are very hard to troubleshoot with because they keep referencing those sites and don't want to veer away to try something else. Many times those sites are in direct conflict of what the cloth diaper manufacturer says, too.

I think facebook in general has a much higher amount of traffic.
Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 10:09 PM   #3
CAaddict
Registered Users
seller

Yes, like a bible! I've been reading the Facebook page and feeling like if I had read through it the first time around, I would have been really skeptical to start cloth---the wash routines are SO strict! Tense environment, over there...lol.
That said, are there any decent cloth Facebook pages I should be following? Already on the GMD one, but it's kind of slow, too...

Old 10-04-2015, 12:32 AM   #4
carverjill
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Yeah I hate that FB groups are becoming the way to go with cloth these days. I like the Smart Bottoms discussion group best (its called Smarty Pants). There are lots of things discussed there but in general discussions aren't supposed to focus on other brands. I never really got into the fluff love group - it seems all about wash routines and not about cloth use in general. There is so much more than washing!
Old 10-04-2015, 06:11 AM   #5
imnotacodfish
Registered Users
seller

I like the GroVia Families page, but some people on there seem to feel like you can only like that brand and not like anything else. Or that you have to hate BG to be a GroVia fan. Fluff Love was helpful to start for me because I cd'd for the first time back during the "use half detergent" phase and only "cd safe" detergent so my stuff never got clean. I didn't really know where to look to see how to get them clean. I used their routine as a baseline and then adjusted it until it worked for me. I found a page that was specific to my washer brand and that was nice. Especially right after I bought it.
imnotacodfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 08:05 AM   #6
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I agree. They over complicate things terribly.

I am part of the Jillian's Drawers FB page but that's not really active. For CD stuff, I hang out here and in my DS DDC group on Facebook and in my crunchy mom group.

((Jamie: mom to five & Baby W due 01/5/16! Domestic diva, in love with my firefighter.
*My posts are for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice*))
Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 09:09 PM   #7
karikos
Registered Users
seller

I can't stand the fluff love and CD science group. I left a long time ago. Honestly, I think people complicate their wash routines and such to the point of giving themselves issues with their diapers. And then that group only makes it worse. And we wonder why people are like "cloth diapering is so hard!".
Old 10-05-2015, 10:34 PM   #8
NEkalmia
Registered Users
seller

Hmmmm is everyone here on DS because they don't like the Fluff Love group? I have lots of issues with them, definitely agree the tone of the group is very tense, and I couldn't handle it. I also had been around here awhile, and a different FB group, called "Cloth Diaper Blogs" (Great way to keep up with over a dozen different CD blogs) and from DS and that group, I knew that many people make washing laundry work without following Fluff Love's guidelines. I like that they finally got a website, now I can look up their SUGGESTIONS when I feel a need to, and don't have to join the nasty group!

I also hate that they claim to be "scientific" when they are NOT. The only surveys they have done are only of their group members, so they are horribly biased. And certain of their principles are completely off-base (most notably, "doing multiple rinses causes mineral buildup" and "detergent buildup is a myth" - its not, I got it from following their advice!!!)

Okay, rant over. This is why I don't like them! I get all worked up. The crowd around here is SO much friendlier! Yes, its quiet, but I try to stop by when I can and then I am not overwhelmed by how much I have missed since my last visit. I would encourage you to stick around here, even if you do go elsewhere also for some cloth chatter.
NEkalmia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 10:16 PM   #9
RachelC
Registered Users
seller

I had a terrible experience on the Fluff Love FB group. I'm actually in the process of writing an article debunking some of their "science." It really doesn't take much work to disprove a lot of what they promote as science.
Old 01-03-2016, 12:45 AM   #10
CAaddict
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelC View Post
I had a terrible experience on the Fluff Love FB group. I'm actually in the process of writing an article debunking some of their "science." It really doesn't take much work to disprove a lot of what they promote as science.

Can't wait to read what you have to say!