Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-17-2016, 03:59 PM   #1
momindc
Registered Users
seller

Very absorbent fitteds bulletproof longies: can you recommend?

Can you recommend very absorbent fitteds for daytime and for nightime? My little 3 month old dude is a heavy wetter. We use wool and lately it gets damp fairly quickly. Also I babywear and the wetness comes unto my clothes. So thinking about what to do with the cold weather, I can either get even more absorbent fitteds, or do a mix of wool at home and PUL to go out.

Also, I've ordered longies from Babee Greens and Imagine but they don't look like they will be able to hold up to my little guy's soaked diapers, even though I change often. What are your favorite longies?

Suggestions please!

Advertisement

momindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 07:00 PM   #2
Bump2b
Registered Users
seller

Re: Very absorbent fitteds bulletproof longies: can you recommend?

If you can find poppy fields fitteds on the BST pages they are great. Unfortunately dye doesn't make them anymore so you have to look for them. For bulletproof longies sloomb is great. However with a poppy fields underneath I can use a hand knitted pair of longies just fine...
Bump2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 09:33 AM   #3
melannc
Registered Users

You may have some luck adding a trim doubler (something like hemp) to your current fitteds. I know some who also love wool liners (put between the diaper and the longies). Sloomb and motherease fitteds are both very absorbent. There's so many good longies out there! Dampness usually has more to do with not enough absorbency of the diaper underneath than the wool over it.
melannc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 01:31 PM   #4
momindc
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by melannc View Post
You may have some luck adding a trim doubler (something like hemp) to your current fitteds. I know some who also love wool liners (put between the diaper and the longies). Sloomb and motherease fitteds are both very absorbent. There's so many good longies out there! Dampness usually has more to do with not enough absorbency of the diaper underneath than the wool over it.
What are some of the longies you like?
momindc is offline   Reply With Quote