Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-14-2016, 01:29 PM   #1
Shulamit
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Diaper recommendations. HELP! & Cloth canoe 2sell

So I have so far the cloth canoe diapers and I absolutely love them!!! Their size small is pretty much all I need for my kids from birth- potty training (which has been around 2years so far with both of my kids). BUT the newborn size cloth canoe don't are too big on my son's thighs (no fat there at all lol). My son is 8lb and the size small cloth canoe fit very nice and snug on him.
So here's where my question is coming, sorry for all the chatter
Since unfortunately the WAHM that made the cloth canoe diapers isn't making them anymore, And I don't have enough of the size small that are absolutely amazing!!! I need recommendations for diapers out there that are similar to the cloth canoe...

What brand/ WAHM diapers are amazing in terms of absorbency and fit for skinny babies with skinny thighs??? so that nothing will leak out of the diaper, and the diaper it self would be very absorbent! I've noticed that side snap diapers tent to fit better on the tights with skinny babies... Is this correct?
PLEASE HELP!!!!
I need more diapers!!!!

On a another note:
I want to sell my newborn cloth canoe- what would be a fair price to ask??? They are NEW not even prepped! Some of them where used once or twice other than that they are very much new, very fluffy and soft. I can have pictures if there is interest. I may make a new thread in the FSOT. If you have size small cloth canoe diapers that are new/ barely used or in eeuc) I'll trade.

Advertisement

Last edited by Shulamit; 12-15-2016 at 01:28 PM.
Shulamit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 01:56 PM   #2
twood80
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Good diapers recommendations. HELP!!!!!

I'm not sure what size of baby you're looking to diaper, based on that post. Up until ~12 pounds, these fit our long lean babies well at the leg, they have 2 rows of snaps unlike the later generations of XS Fuzzibunz.
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1626526
twood80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 02:57 PM   #3
Shulamit
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by twood80 View Post
I'm not sure what size of baby you're looking to diaper, based on that post. Up until ~12 pounds, these fit our long lean babies well at the leg, they have 2 rows of snaps unlike the later generations of XS Fuzzibunz.
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1626526
Thank you!
Jusr notice I didn't put down for whom I'm looking (size/and age of child) I'll edit my post. Thank you. I'm looking for my newborn son. He's 8 pounds now.
In terms of the fuzzibunz:
I've had fuzzibunz 6 years ago... But not the sized diapers I got the one size and it was really bad in terms of fit for my daughter... Too big in the thighs area and too bulky. Si in a little hesitant to get another fuzzibunz
Old 12-14-2016, 09:56 PM   #4
abemom2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Are you specifically looking for a side snapping? Sized Bottombumpers fit nicely,
Old 12-14-2016, 10:08 PM   #5
Shulamit
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abemom2 View Post
Are you specifically looking for a side snapping? Sized Bottombumpers fit nicely,
Not necessarily. I just thought that they would fit better but I'm not familiar with what out there in terms of diapers. I looked around for buttombumpers and it's seems that they don't make sized side snapping
Old 12-15-2016, 08:19 AM   #6
abemom2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Some retailers and FSOT would have them in size medium. They now make them in 2 sizes. Size 1 is good for NB/Small. Size 2 is SM/ M/L. I really like the way they fit in my skinny kids. I never tried the new front snapping, only the side snapping and aplix.

And size medium Bottombumpers would not really fit a NB. The size small does fit for a little while, which for me meant until at least 8 months old.
Many comment that boys and side snapping causes wicking, and I found it to be true on some diapers as they get older.

Another trim option is Peachy Green. They have 3 sizes.

Last edited by abemom2; 12-15-2016 at 09:06 AM.
abemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 09:25 AM   #7
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Can you post pictures? I have no idea what a cloth canoe is.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool and my Tinkle Traps Review.
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 12:45 PM   #8
Shulamit
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abemom2 View Post
Some retailers and FSOT would have them in size medium. They now make them in 2 sizes. Size 1 is good for NB/Small. Size 2 is SM/ M/L. I really like the way they fit in my skinny kids. I never tried the new front snapping, only the side snapping and aplix.

And size medium Bottombumpers would not really fit a NB. The size small does fit for a little while, which for me meant until at least 8 months old.
Many comment that boys and side snapping causes wicking, and I found it to be true on some diapers as they get older.

Another trim option is Peachy Green. They have 3 sizes.
Thank you so much!!! That's really helpful I'll check out the FSOT
Old 12-15-2016, 12:46 PM   #9
Shulamit
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
Can you post pictures? I have no idea what a cloth canoe is.
I sure can! I'll try to add some now here as a comment. But I'll also update my post
Old 12-15-2016, 01:28 PM   #10
Shulamit
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Diaper recommendations. HELP! & Cloth canoe 2sell

Cloth canoe