Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-02-2015, 05:17 AM   #1
klueck
Registered Users

Softbums leaking

I really want to love my Softbums but they are my only diapers that leak! My little one is only 7 weeks old and she soaks a MF superpod at night and 2 minis during the day. If she's doing that already how in the world will this work when she's 2! I know the bamboo pods are more absorbent but I bought the MF and can't afford to buy the bamboo as well. Adding more layers seems crazy bc the os pod is huge for her size already. Any suggestions would be great!

Advertisement

klueck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:36 AM   #2
Jayeh
Registered Users
seller

Re: Softbums leaking

Softbums are my FAVORITE right now! I'll try to help out where I can!

How often are you changing her? Microfiber works well if you have something like hemp combined with it bc microfiber is prone to compression leaks. I read somewhere it's just like a sponge, it absorbs super quickly, but if your baby is lying on her back all day it'll compress out like when you squeeze a saturated sponge.
Jayeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:31 AM   #3
greysmama
Registered Users
seller

I had the same problem. I only had a few so I traded them and haven't looked back. The mf inserts are horrible they are huge and bulky IMO so they make it tough to add doublers where needed but even then the compression leaks were ridiculous. As I read your post I thought te same thing a soft bums mama told me to get the bamboo but that was just too expensive when I have other cheaper options that I like
greysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:40 AM   #4
7arrows4God
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have looked at the softbums omni pocket but one things I am worried about it the toggle eventually not pulling tight. Getting stuck in the pull fabric. I know all my drawstring toggle pail liners --- after a few washes the toggle does not pull sit anymore --- just stuck in the pull.

Anyone have this trouble.

With the microfiber I am thinking it just does not absorb enough....
Canadian mama to 13 blessings ds(18), ds(17), ds(15.5), ds(13.5), dd(11.75), ds(10), ds(8.5), ds(6.5), dd(5.5), dd(3.5), dd(2.5) , ds(15 months) and #13 due end of AUGUST. And yes that is while nursing night and day. :O)
7arrows4God is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 10:50 AM   #5
greysmama
Registered Users
seller

It is a bit sticky but pulls ok.
greysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 03:01 PM   #6
Jayeh
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7arrows4God View Post
I have looked at the softbums omni pocket but one things I am worried about it the toggle eventually not pulling tight. Getting stuck in the pull fabric. I know all my drawstring toggle pail liners --- after a few washes the toggle does not pull sit anymore --- just stuck in the pull.

Anyone have this trouble.

With the microfiber I am thinking it just does not absorb enough....
I've had this happen to me on my echo's but not omni's, but really rarely. I'm not sure why one but not the other?
Jayeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 08:17 PM   #7
klueck
Registered Users

Thanks everyone! We get leg leaks during the day I echoes and back leaks at night in omnis. She is already sleeping through the night (6 hrs) and I'm not going to wake her or myself to change her diaper. I'll try a thirsties hemp in the pocket at night in addition to the os pod. Hopefully that will do the trick otherwise I'll have to find a different nighttime diaper...
Old 04-11-2015, 09:04 AM   #8
klueck
Registered Users

Update. Decided to go with fitteds for night and just use my Softbums during the day. Thanks again
Old 04-13-2015, 07:57 AM   #9
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

you could consider picking up some hemp inserts to put behind the MF inserts. Look into thirsties hemp or joey bunz. It's super thin and makes a good doubler.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 12:56 PM   #10
madelmom
Registered Users

I have two echos and MF pods and can't get them to not leak at the legs probably going to send them on their way on FSOT soon.
madelmom is offline   Reply With Quote