Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-14-2010, 08:27 PM   #1
momto3supercuties
Registered Users
seller

A good nursing bra...

I am 7 months into bfing and darn if I can find a great bra. I have tried several from breakout bras but the ones that I tolerate now are getting too worn in and not enough support. I am in the 34G/H range. I don't like underwires and I don't like torpedo boobs, lol. I think what I have now is Melinda T shirt nursing bra and I love the look of it, it just doesn't hold the girls up well enough anymore. The bras are so expensive but I need to find something that works soon.
Any advice?? Thanks, Jenny

Advertisement

momto3supercuties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:28 PM   #2
MamaWillow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: A good nursing bra...

I got two Bravado bras right after DS was born, and although they look a little worn, they are still going strong at 14 months! I love these bras...no underwires, really supportive though. I weighed 50 pounds more than I do now when I got them and of course had the giant "milk just in" boobs, and these bras still fit me now. It's amazing how much they stretch. Here is a link:
http://smartmomma.com/Bravado-Body-Silk-Seamless-Nursing-Bra-Butterscotch-p-18656.html

I highly recommend this bra! I can't tell you what size I actually am because I haven't bought any bras since these, but I'm guessing 34C or 34B or somewhere around there, but I'm wearing a L bravado. I'm sure I could fit in a smaller size but they still work so what the heck!
Rachel, SAHM to a 9yo teenager , a 4yo charmer , and a toddling koala bear , and wife to my hard-working hubs. Mostly AP, co-sleeping (with all 3!), BFing, quite crunchy, thrifty, curly-haired mama. Loving my life.
MamaWillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:50 AM   #3
momto3supercuties
Registered Users
seller

That looks a lot like what I have, except mine is only medium support so it's not holding that tatas up anymore and it pulls on my shoulders too much. I might look into it if the size goes up high enough, thanks!
Old 01-15-2010, 07:00 AM   #4
MySillyBearCub
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3supercuties View Post
I am 7 months into bfing and darn if I can find a great bra. I have tried several from breakout bras but the ones that I tolerate now are getting too worn in and not enough support. I am in the 34G/H range. I don't like underwires and I don't like torpedo boobs, lol. I think what I have now is Melinda T shirt nursing bra and I love the look of it, it just doesn't hold the girls up well enough anymore. The bras are so expensive but I need to find something that works soon.
Any advice?? Thanks, Jenny
I know you said no underwire but I got the anita underwire bra and it fits great! It was a little pricey but I wanted the underwire (for separation) and it was one of the few sized large enough for me. 38 H. My other "work horse" bras and cheepies from Meijer. They are only D's but they work and for $15 I have two. Only down side is you get what you pay for and they are already fraying. I'm on the hunt for more larger bras.
MySillyBearCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:25 AM   #5
missdawn25
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have an Anita bra that does not have underwire and I love it. They are expensive, but I have been wearing mine for 21 months now and it's still in great condition. I wear a 32 F. I tried that soft Bravado bra and it's very comfy, but lacking in support for me, so I would only wear it at night. It's back clasps are also all mangled now and have been that way for months so I finally gave up on it.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:56 AM   #6
momto3supercuties
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by missdawn25 View Post
I have an Anita bra that does not have underwire and I love it. They are expensive, but I have been wearing mine for 21 months now and it's still in great condition. I wear a 32 F. I tried that soft Bravado bra and it's very comfy, but lacking in support for me, so I would only wear it at night. It's back clasps are also all mangled now and have been that way for months so I finally gave up on it.
So your Anita offers enough support that it doesn't pull on your shoulders or make your back hurt etc? I always thought I was a 36 but according to measurements I am 34, and at first the 34 fit right and didn't ride up, I think it only rides up now because I wore the bejeebees out of it, lol. I will have to look for an Anita, I hate the expense but it would be worth it to have a bra that has the right support. Thanks!
Old 01-15-2010, 01:31 PM   #7
mgmsrk
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The Goddess – comfort zone is very supportive. It is a bit “pointier” than I like but it makes me look about 6 cups smaller and I like that. I should point out that I don’t have many or really any choices, I’m a K cup so this is pretty will it.

I have heard that Hot Milk bras are very nice. I like www.mommygear.com, better customer service and better shipping than breakoutbras.com.
mgmsrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:18 PM   #8
momto3supercuties
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmsrk View Post
The Goddess – comfort zone is very supportive. It is a bit “pointier” than I like but it makes me look about 6 cups smaller and I like that. I should point out that I don’t have many or really any choices, I’m a K cup so this is pretty will it.

I have heard that Hot Milk bras are very nice. I like www.mommygear.com, better customer service and better shipping than breakoutbras.com.
Thanks I will check out that other site, I thought breakout was one of my only options for not wanting to spend a fortune. They made me mad when they sent me a used bra and then took over 2 weeks to send me a new one! Grrr... Anyways I did try a Goddess one and I couldn't get over the pointiness or the fabric really, it was strange. And oh man a K, ouch...
Old 01-15-2010, 03:21 PM   #9
productiondiva
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got an Anita - hate it.

My favorite so far is: Emily by Royce. It is soft, very supportive and the cups still support the other when one is dropped. I am E when bfing and my friend who hooked me on this bra is a H when bfing so it works well with bigger sizes.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:33 PM   #10
Fither
Registered Users
seller
seller

the elle mcphereson nursing bras are DIVINE! i'm a 34DDD so i need a bra with good support and this one is just awesome.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2866883?...=searchresults
Fither is offline   Reply With Quote