Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-14-2010, 12:22 AM   #1
Ian and Anya's mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Need quick help...

My baby much prefers to sleep than waking to nurse, since 12 days I have really been pushing it because instead of maintaining her weight she lost an ounce, she has been doing really well since then and I have been pumping, too trying to get the foremilk off so she gets the hindmilk when she nurses, she gained 2 oz in 3 days and I assume she's been gaining since, as well...since birth she has always had plenty of wet and dirty diapers, but my question is...her poop is not very seedy, it is the dark mustard yellow, does it need to be seedy? Is it cause for concern?

For reference she was 7 lbs at birth, 3 days old she was 6 lbs 9 oz, 8 days old she was 6 lbs 9 oz, 12 days old she was 6 lbs 8 oz, then 15 days old she was 6 lbs 10 oz.

Thanks!

Advertisement

Old 03-14-2010, 12:25 AM   #2
findingstrength
Registered Users

Re: Need quick help...

no it doesn't need to be seedy. every baby is different. every momma is different, with a different diet that makes special milk.
Mom/stepmom to 8 beautiful children 16 yr old girl, 12 yr old girl, 9 yr old boy, another 9 yr old boy, 8 yr old boy, 7 yr old girl, 4 year old boy, 1 year old boy, expecting #9 in July!

ISO: size 3x maternity swimsuit
findingstrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:26 AM   #3
mommy2twins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my IBCLC told me that poop that is more green means 1 they are not getting enough and 2 they are not getting enough of the hind milk.
AprilSAHM to my fab twin girls (3/07)Maddison and Cameryn Grace , and Samuel born 1/10 by an amazing waterbirth using hypnobabies, Zander born 3/12 a beautiful home water birth using Hypnobabies both fully intact non vaxing,ing, , and wife to my awesome high school sweet heart of 12 years
***HYPNOBABIES CHILDBIRTH HYPNOSIS INSTRUCTOR- St. Louis, MO!***
mommy2twins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:47 AM   #4
Ian and Anya's mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the responses ladies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2twins View Post
my IBCLC told me that poop that is more green means 1 they are not getting enough and 2 they are not getting enough of the hind milk.
It is bright yellow with darker stringy stuff in it?? I don't know how to explain it...
Old 03-14-2010, 04:37 AM   #5
mommy2twins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sounds normal to me mama....but I am not a poo expert
AprilSAHM to my fab twin girls (3/07)Maddison and Cameryn Grace , and Samuel born 1/10 by an amazing waterbirth using hypnobabies, Zander born 3/12 a beautiful home water birth using Hypnobabies both fully intact non vaxing,ing, , and wife to my awesome high school sweet heart of 12 years
***HYPNOBABIES CHILDBIRTH HYPNOSIS INSTRUCTOR- St. Louis, MO!***
mommy2twins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:48 AM   #6
Queen_Celeste
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My newborn has varying poops. Sometimes they are seedy, but other times its more like mustard. Unless it seems to hurt the baby or she is having other problems, I would call it good. Especially since we had a scare when DS was 2 days old and stopped pooping. We got that taken care of and as long as he poops I am happy, no matter what the poops look like.
Queen_Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:43 PM   #7
veveland
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

As long as it isn't green or foamy or hard then you should be fine! My DD went through phases of her poop having "curds" and not. The doc said that's totally normal!

You're doing great mama!