Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-18-2010, 08:20 AM   #1
mamaktee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Advertisement

Last edited by mamaktee; 08-19-2010 at 02:13 PM.
mamaktee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:03 AM   #2
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What time do you wake up?

My husband and I both sleep til the kids wake up. DD is 2.5yo and DS is 8mo. My husband works retail and has a severly random schedule...can start as early as 6am or work as late as 12midnight. I always think...I should wake up early, even just a half hour before the kids do so I can get a couple things done or even just 'breathe' in the silence. But, every morning, 'early' comes and I think, 'yeah right'. I am also a stay home mom, so usually am able to keep the house at least presentable. Still, I think it would probably be better to get up earlier, as mentioned, even just to have a few moments of silence to myself.
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:48 AM   #3
taikkw5
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am a stay-at-home mom and I get up at 5:45 or 6:00 a.m. usually. My kids used to sleep a little later, but lately they've been waking up around 6:00 or a little after (they do have a 7 pm bedtime). I usually try to get myself ready before they get up, then I have breakfast with them and then get some stuff done. It depends on how I'm feeling since I'm 34 weeks pregnant and tired all the time now, but I do prefer to be up earlier. I find it impossible to sleep in anymore.

WAHM behind Something Sweet Knits YYMN spots available!
Find me on Facebook! Something Sweet Knits
taikkw5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:50 AM   #4
HannahsMom
Registered Users

My Mood:

I am up whenever DD gets up. Usually between 6 and 7am...I used to be a night owl before her.

http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=369767
HannahsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:00 AM   #5
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:

DH gets up around 6:30-7 to leave for work. I get up between 8:30 and 9:15 with the kids and start our day. The kids go to bed at 8:00PM.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:29 AM   #6
mamaktee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just wondering what the "norm" is...I get up when DS gets up and seem to run out of time before having to leave for work. Most days I walk out w/o lunch, w/o make-up (I put it on in the car), and w/o things that I needed to take with me, but forgot (but I am always to work on time lol). I am trying to figure a way to get more things done and have time to still breath...right now our mornings seem so hectic/rushed. The only way I see is if I get up earlier than DS...which is going to be hard b/c I am soo not a morning person when I get sleep and these days I barely get any I need to learn to just go to bed when I get DS down at night...usually around 8:30-9pm...but I end up staying up until 11 or 12.
mamaktee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:33 AM   #7
MommaToBubandCJ
Registered Users
seller

I'm a SAHM now, but when I was working, I got up before DS. I would have to leave the house by 7:30 every morning, so I was up at 6:00 at the latest and got myself ready, let the dogs out, fed them and had a few moments to just relax. Then I got DS up and dressed him and we were out of here by 7:30. What helped me immensely is getting everything ready the night before. After DS went to bed at 8, I would pack his diaper bag for the next day, pack my lunch, lay out our clothes and do anything else I needed to do for the next day. It only took like 20 minutes, but it saved me 20 minutes in the morning and I didn't feel so rushed. I would load what I could in the van the night before, too. Less chance of forgetting something.
MommaToBubandCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:59 AM   #8
MegsMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We leave the house at 7:30 and the kiddos have to be up by 7:00 to get ready and eat. I am up around 6:00/6:15 to get showered, dressed, bags packed. I also get items ready for the next day that night. I pack my lunch up (all but the sandwich) and have breakfast laid out for the next day sans food. plates, cups, vitamins, etc. All that saves time.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:06 AM   #9
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I wake up at 6:25am, I get myself ready for the day then wake the kids at 6:50am, we leave out the door at 7:25am to drop off my ds1 at the schoolbus stop down the street.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:20 AM   #10
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

On days that I have school I have to wake DD up at 7:15 to have her ready to go out the door by 7:30. When I don't have school or anything else to do then I rarely wake up before she does, usually she wakes me up with her talking.