Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-14-2010, 11:06 AM   #1
LauraJane429
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
HELP! Lotrimin and Cloth Diapers

DS has a yeast infection diaper rash. Is it all right to use CD while treating with the Lotrimin AF, or should I stick with sposies til he's all cleared up? Thanks!

Advertisement

Last edited by LauraJane429; 03-15-2010 at 06:18 PM.
LauraJane429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:12 PM   #2
LauraJane429
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Lotrimin and Cloth Diapers

Anyone?? Dr actually prescribed Nystacin (?), so using that instead of the OTC lotramin AF. Still keeping him in disposable diapers for the time being til some one says this is okay!!

ETA - BTW, totally decided I do NOT like sposies... I miss my fluffy butt baby!
Old 03-15-2010, 06:26 PM   #3
LizMid
Registered Users

Re: HELP! Lotrimin and Cloth Diapers

i don't know mama...bumping this for you!
LizMid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:59 PM   #4
LauraJane429
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So, it doesn't look like anyone knows about this... been doing some research and found this website. http://www.weebunz.com/instructions.php Basically, it says that the rX yeast infection creams won't mess up cloth diapers. Figured maybe, just maybe, someone else might need this question answered, too!
Old 03-15-2010, 08:07 PM   #5
crayhons
Registered Users
seller

I'm actually in the same boat right now. My daughter has a yeast infection from her antibiotic, and we are alternating Nystatin and Lotrimin. I thought I couldn't use these creams with my cloth diapers, so overnight when I slather her up, we have been using sposies, and during the day I have been using cloth liners in the diapers to try to keep the cream off the cloth diaper. She is getting better, but I've found that her rash is going away the best by me letting her soak in the tub for 5-10 minutes once a day, and when I have time, twice a day. Tonight, after her bath, I took a chance and put her in a cloth diaper with no cream at all. Her bottom has looked great all day today, and this has been going on for over a week! We will see what happens in the morning!
and Madeline Joy-born June 23~2010)
crayhons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:08 PM   #6
BigSamsMom
Registered Users
seller

If you are using pockets or any other diaper with a synthetic stay dry liner, I'd probably use a liner or a wipe between the dipe and the medicine. But if you are using natural Cotton, Bamboo, or Hemp diapers, you can forgo the liner. The natural fibers are very forgiving of grease and stains, unlike synthetics.

Last edited by BigSamsMom; 03-15-2010 at 08:09 PM.
BigSamsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:12 PM   #7
mammaof3lovelys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSamsMom View Post
If you are using pockets or any other diaper with a synthetic stay dry liner, I'd probably use a liner or a wipe between the dipe and the medicine. But if you are using natural Cotton, Bamboo, or Hemp diapers, you can forgo the liner. The natural fibers are very forgiving of grease and stains, unlike synthetics.
I've heard this too. its what i do.

Like my avatar? Lil' Munchkies made them!
mammaof3lovelys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:18 PM   #8
LauraJane429
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I usually put a fleece liner btw all my diapers and DS's bum... so, for that situation, would it be all right to wash the fleece liners w/the diaper loads, or would you wash them separately? Sorry... full of questions. Also, the more research I do, the more it looks like I would need to do some sort of disinfection for all the CD's after this infection has run its course?! What a headache.... UGH. Maybe I'll keep DS in sposies til this is gone and work on disinfecting everything while he's in them.

Which leads me to another question... what's the best way to disinfect? Add TTO to the wash? Bleach? Vinegar? Sunning? I have seen so many different solutions. I have RG laundry detergent and do mini-strips where I soak the diapers in detergent solution for 1-2 hrs and then launder as usual... is this enough?
Old 03-15-2010, 08:30 PM   #9
mammaof3lovelys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i would wash the liners seperate like with a load of towels maybe. and yes a good stripping/sanatizing is in order. it was the only way i could get the yeast out. I added about a 1/4 cup of bleach to my diapers.

Like my avatar? Lil' Munchkies made them!
mammaof3lovelys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:38 PM   #10
LauraJane429
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks. I think I'll work on disinfecting diapers over the next couple of days while he's in sposies, so when he's cleared up, I'll be able to switch him back into 'fresh' cloth diapers. Bleach sounds like the easiest solution.