Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2010, 08:03 AM   #1
Weezy6703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Supply decrease and timing of supplements

My supply has decreased majorly and I mentioned a while back (on another forum) I wasn't putting out for pump anymore so I would only nurse at home now. There's a few times he wouldn't take it butother times he will. Sometimes he will take it with the SNS and sometimes not...but the last few days i have gotten him to nurse at least 2 times in the day ( i know not a lot, but better than nothing right?). I've been wanting to try the dom med from inhousepharmacy and to try goats rue I've heard great success stories on both of those. But I know that one takes several weeks to get in...will it still have the same potentional to work okay? We are waiting on our taxes to come back and it should within a week or two. (but then another few weeks to come in )

I have to say the two times I nursed him last night without the SNS, though it wasn't for a long time, it was the best feeling EVER and just made me soooo happy!!! I'm not having let down anymore either and that didn't even matter last night, he still kept sucking. I hate having to buy formula and it's expensive (we buy the generic versions) and I think once I got for our recert on wic that we won't qualify now that DH is working. I'd love love love to continue nursing him much longer...I'm not against bottle feeding at all but that 'release' when he latches on and though it may not be for even 10 minutes...it just does me a world of good for it to happen. Like it relaxes me and then the joy that he's still nursing some.

right now i'm taking brewers yeast and recently bought saw palmetto (saw for some moms it worked great and another mama recommended it). I can't do alfalfa or fenugreek b/c of my thyroid. I ran out of blessed thistle I was taking. but when my tax $ comes in I'd like to get those other things i mentioned plus a pumping bra so I could try and power pump in the evenings. The rubber band trick didn't work to great and I honestly didn't like the bra with holes cut in it..sometimes it would get loose. I also need to get a new set of tubing and valves for my older pis and see if that helps.

I know i keep going back and forth between this forum and the ff forum but i still want this to work.

Advertisement

Old 03-15-2010, 08:09 AM   #2
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:
Re: Supply decrease and timing of supplements

I don't have any real advice on the goat's rue because I took More Milk Plus [but that has the fenugreek ] I used the SNS myself in the beginning with my 20 month old.

I'm so glad that you were able to nurse a couple of times yesterday! I know that "good" feeling!!

Even if you are nursing only a couple of times a day that is still wonderful I used goat's milk when I supplemented with the the SNS.

Keep up the good work mama!
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:30 AM   #3
Weezy6703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Supply decrease and timing of supplements

http://www.motherlove.com/mm5/mercha...oduct_Code=543

Goat's Rue - They also have a liquid version.

Yeah i'm scared of taking fenugreek again after my thyroid levels going crazy. I'm going for another recheck in a week or two to make sure the med they have me on for that is okay and it's 'working' for me. I'm finally losing weight again too (I gained allt he pregnancy weight I LOST after baby within a month/same time of my thyroid going crazy too) so I don't want to go that route again. BF or not. :-( I'm overweight to begin with so for me to lose a bunch of weight and then gain it back within a month without change in my diet was very depressing. I'm changing a few things in what I eat now and exercising but all of it toghether is helping lose it back 'again'. Ughh!

Thanks mama...it means a lot!!