Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2010, 04:06 PM   #21
ChelseaGirl7
Registered Users

Re: Doc. Not liking ecological breastfeeding for PP birth control.

You can tell your Dr what I should have told mine last time(but didn't, however if he makes a comment this time I will). My Dr told me "you know BF is not 100% effective, don't you?" and my reply should have been "Do you have one that is?" The truth is that none of them are 100% effective, we all have to choose which one we are comfortable with. Some of us for religious or any number of reasons the best choice is ecological BF and or NFP. They should respect our informed decision, period.

Advertisement

Old 03-15-2010, 04:42 PM   #22
descrstn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwieberdink View Post
When my clients come back for their 6 week postpartum, I ASK them if THEY want to talk about birth control, and then I discuss pros and cons of their options if they want the info. Otherwise, if they say no, that's the end. It shouldn't matter to the doc what you do. If it's less effective, more business for him right?
That is true, Plus she knows I am open to "accidents" if it fails because I want 3 or 4 anyways, and I wanted a boy really really badly this time (she knew that too) And an accident is more likely to be a miracle IMO because this one took a year TTC. Its not like I'm fertile Myrtle or anything.

Since I told her all that stuff before, her asking about my BC like that makes me think she has an opinion on how many kids I have. Or that maybe she obligated to tell me what is most effective, and that LAM/EBF is a myth.

ETA: My OB has 3 girls of her own so maybe she didn't like it that I took the "It's a girl" news kinda hard for a few days (We swayed for a boy). Maybe she is worried that if I have another girl I will spiral into severe gender dissapointment LOL.

Last edited by descrstn; 03-15-2010 at 04:54 PM.
descrstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:11 PM   #23
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It is none of your dr.'s business! Who gives a crud what he or she thinks!
Old 03-15-2010, 05:59 PM   #24
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

IF you feel you must say something to him, give him some actual written info on LAM and/or NFP. Did you tell him it worked for your pregnancy this time? Lots of times with doctors I just smile and go about my bidness.....since it is MY bidness. If he asks again, ask him why he is so curious. Tell him "nothing we want to have our kids close together" or something. Or tell him thanks for the info they provide, if YOU have any questions or need more info, you will be sure to ASK him. If not, then you are set . Even my MW's would ask me and I guess it's just standard to ask people. I dunno, you can try the tactful suggestions on here, but if it were up to me and he kept asking, I would be a smart@ss or b!tchy to him, lol
Old 03-15-2010, 06:09 PM   #25
bunintheoven0619
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by descrstn View Post
That is true, Plus she knows I am open to "accidents" if it fails because I want 3 or 4 anyways, and I wanted a boy really really badly this time (she knew that too) And an accident is more likely to be a miracle IMO because this one took a year TTC. Its not like I'm fertile Myrtle or anything.

Since I told her all that stuff before, her asking about my BC like that makes me think she has an opinion on how many kids I have. Or that maybe she obligated to tell me what is most effective, and that LAM/EBF is a myth.

ETA: My OB has 3 girls of her own so maybe she didn't like it that I took the "It's a girl" news kinda hard for a few days (We swayed for a boy). Maybe she is worried that if I have another girl I will spiral into severe gender dissapointment LOL.
I just wanted to say that I am expecting my third. Very much wanted so not a birth control accident but I had bad gender disappointment with my second as it was with my first marriage and I had only wanted two children. Well I remarried and I'm pregnant with my third. We just found out its another boy. When I first found out I was pregnant, I was convinced I'd fall apart if it was another boy as I wanted my girl but when the tech told us it was a boy. I was actually thrilled. No gender disappointment in sight. I have no idea why but gender disappointment isn't always a given so if that is what the doctor is worried about that is total crap.

Good for you for picking the bc that works for you. I have horrible problems with hormonal birth control and prefer the natural method.

Oh and I agree with a PP that said send hubby out of the room. They get freaked out with all the hoo haa talk anyway much less if there is any mention of birth control not working.

ISO: SKC (Spooky Kitty Collective) fitteds and WWB (Wiggle Worm Bottoms) covers!!!
bunintheoven0619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:53 AM   #26
MyFourStars
Registered Users

My Mood:

It is ultimately your decision whether your doc agrees or not, but just because it took 4 years between those two children doesn't mean it will take that long between the next two. I relied on bfing and the minipill and still got pregnant 8 months pp. The next time though I nursed for 15 months and still didn't get pregnant until he was 20 months. Pp ovulation can be tricky but if you're using NFP as well, it's well within YOUR control.

My Twilight FanFic-Finding Rose *Updated Chapter 13!*
MyFourStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:12 AM   #27
Ready2Bmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

your choice mama!
Hadley, proud to be a wife to Wes (5/26/07), Catholic, natural birthing, BFing, Bedsharing, BWing, ERFing, WOHM, Master's student graduate, and mama to my loves, Emmitt(8/17/09) & Ellen Kate (9/22/11)
Adding a new little snow baby to our family Jan 2015
Help me earn more space on Dropbox!!
Ready2Bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:28 PM   #28
theredheadsmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

If you decide to hunt for a Doctor or Midwife who supports NFP and Ecological Breastfeeding (EB), check out the One More Soul directory.

http://onemoresoul.com/nfp-providers

These doctors understand NFP and don't expect you to be using anything but Natural Spacing for your children. EB creates an average 18 month spacing of children through out history and around the world. It is a real method of spaceing children and is really one of the best for the health of you and your children.

Good luck- I found a new MD when I had issues with this.

Wendy
theredheadsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:42 PM   #29
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredheadsmom View Post
If you decide to hunt for a Doctor or Midwife who supports NFP and Ecological Breastfeeding (EB), check out the One More Soul directory.

http://onemoresoul.com/nfp-providers

Wendy
I second this site!
Old 03-21-2010, 02:43 PM   #30
flutterbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: stephanie23
seller

My m/w tries to push bc on me too but our way works for us. I would just do like pp said and tell him you have made your decision and it is final.