Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2010, 10:43 AM   #1
Kaboom
Registered Users
Formerly: ErinMartin
seller

My Mood:
Not sure what to list Flips for?

I'm not sure if I should put this on FSOT? Sorry if it's in the wrong spot... it's not a listing so I wasn't sure...

Anyway.

I know CB sells their Flips for $13.95, but you can get free shipping through them.

What would you pay for brand new Flips on FSOT? I'm unsure of what to list them at so they'll sell? I bought some and they were defective, so I had to send them back for replacement (cost me $2 to send them back). I'll be getting new ones that I plan to sell, and I don't want to lose a ton more money on them, you know? Do you think they'll be bought if I list them at $13.95 with free shipping, just like CB?

Advertisement

Kaboom Pocket Pants Pattern!
Use code 'DSMAMA10' at checkout for 10% off!
Kaboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:50 AM   #2
Shawna
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Not sure what to list Flips for?

I'm not sure b/c you lose the warranty when buying off fsot. I would list them for that price and you can always price drop if they don't move.

Ecomom deal from plum district.
Shawna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:54 AM   #3
magdalene
Registered Users

im kinda confused as to why you would be buying just to sell if you are paying retail... but crackerjacksunderpants sells hers for 13.95 then gives diaperswappers customers ten percent off PLUS free shipping so thats like 12.50 and she has a store and a great reputation and you only have two feedbacks... i personally probably wouldnt take the risk for less than a 2 dollar savings so that brings you down to 10.50 at which point you are probably taking a heck of a loss on a brand new diaper unless you can somehow get them alot cheaper... now if you had bought them and used them for a year or so first and they were still in EUC, it would be a whole nother story cause you would have had the use of them and at that point its all profit.. ::shrug:: if you have good feedback somewhere else or after youve gotten some here it might be different but there ya are. Good luck!!
magdalene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:59 AM   #4
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think you might have better luck trying to trade them -- I see lots of mamas ISO Flips on the trade forum. Trade them for something you want, no dealing w/PP

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:04 AM   #5
Babygiggles04
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree with trading them!
Old 03-15-2010, 11:05 AM   #6
Kristi26
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You also have to keep in mind that when you sell them here with PP, you lose some money from PP in the process. I think it's something like 2.9% plus .30c or there abouts.

Why are you selling them brand new? Why not use them? And I agree with a PP that it might be better to try trading them.
-Kristi,wife(5/02), , HSing, CDing,SAHM to Andrew(1/00), Lukas(2/03),Lily (1/06),and Ian (5/09) !Sweet Gwen, stillborn, 12/26/11, angel baby 7/08 Free History plans and more here: http://themommywriter.blogspot.com/
Kristi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:05 AM   #7
SAHM2Seven
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by magdalene View Post
im kinda confused as to why you would be buying just to sell if you are paying retail... but crackerjacksunderpants sells hers for 13.95 then gives diaperswappers customers ten percent off PLUS free shipping so thats like 12.50 and she has a store and a great reputation and you only have two feedbacks... i personally probably wouldnt take the risk for less than a 2 dollar savings so that brings you down to 10.50 at which point you are probably taking a heck of a loss on a brand new diaper unless you can somehow get them alot cheaper... now if you had bought them and used them for a year or so first and they were still in EUC, it would be a whole nother story cause you would have had the use of them and at that point its all profit.. ::shrug:: if you have good feedback somewhere else or after youve gotten some here it might be different but there ya are. Good luck!!

I don't know...I wouldnt hesitate to buy from her at all..she has over 1400 post and is here alot!! I dont think she would sell a cover for $10-12 dollars and then run with someones money....Your post came off a bit harsh. It sounds like she bought them, they were defective, and she doesnt like the fit for her baby...big deal...I ve done the same thing...
To the OP, Id say list them $12.00 PPD...Im sure your sell them, If its just the covers you want to sell, they dont weigh very much. Are you ISO, Id love to trade with you if you are.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:06 AM   #8
Kristi26
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babygiggles04 View Post
I agree with trading them!
Totally off topic and I'm sorry to do it, but I had to tell you that your profile pic is SO cute!!!
-Kristi,wife(5/02), , HSing, CDing,SAHM to Andrew(1/00), Lukas(2/03),Lily (1/06),and Ian (5/09) !Sweet Gwen, stillborn, 12/26/11, angel baby 7/08 Free History plans and more here: http://themommywriter.blogspot.com/
Kristi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:10 AM   #9
Bunkoqueen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I personally wouldn't pay full retail on FSOT, but that is just me. Like a pp said, you lose the cb warranty. I would try to trade for something that you want, you might end up getting a better return that way.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:25 AM   #10
Kaboom
Registered Users
Formerly: ErinMartin
seller

My Mood:

Rats, this is why I dislike having to return things!

And just to clarify; I bought them, used them and thought they were OK. The elastic was all wonky though (REALLY loose), which I didn't realize was a flaw at first, I thought it was how the diaper was made. When I realized it was a defect, I returned them for replacement.

I plan on selling them because I just didn't really care for them. I loved that they didn't leak AT ALL (from saturation, not the gussets), but I prefer having a second inner gusset that the Flip doesn't have.

I understand about the whole feedback thing though - I don't buy/sell stuff often (I'm SO lazy and usually don't want to take the time LOL).

I guess I'll just list them when they get here and see if they move. I really, REALLY want some Blueberry Coveralls, but noone seems to have them on FSOT - or they do and then move quickly.

Because I don't do FSOT often, do you think it would help to mention that I have WAHM status here on DS? I had to go through a verification for it, but I'm not sure how 'strict' that is? Or am I allowed to link to my etsy page to show my feedback as a seller on there?

SEE! THIS IS WHY I DON'T DO FSOT! LOL

Kaboom Pocket Pants Pattern!
Use code 'DSMAMA10' at checkout for 10% off!
Kaboom is offline   Reply With Quote