Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-28-2006, 03:12 PM   #11
4boys4me
Registered Users

Re: I'm exhausted...*long*

I agree that it could be a reflux thing.. really have that checked out again

however, I have a ds, who is 2, who could sleep like a log but runs around all day and screams if I try to go to the bathroom with out him or anywhere with out him for that matter,lol., so high needs!

my other ds is a sleepless sleeper. He wakes ALL night long (he is 4 and has never slept through the night) and sleep walks and all sorts of things. However, he is my shy polite kid,lol.. he is very low needs so to speak.

I also have an 8month old who had reflux and seems to outgrown it but if he eats so much before bed he is awake through the night. I try to feed him his supper (baby food) around 6pm and then he gets his 8oz. bottle at 7:30 and then I let him roll around for a half hr. or so so he can burp really good and then he is off to bed. That seems to work for us. He has turned into a great baby once he was on zantac and now that he is sitting and eating solids I took him off of it and he is still doing really well. I did bf for the first 7months though so he has only been on formula for a month now.....

Anyway, (((HUGS))) it is so hard. Kids are all different even if they come from the same 2 parents,lol.

Advertisement

Old 05-29-2006, 04:16 AM   #12
MamaZ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm sorry you're having a rough time (I can so relate but it's with my 4 yo DS ) I'm agreeing that it may be the reflux issue. I wish I could give you some advise but the other mamas have said what I would have suggested Good luck mama!
MamaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 05:50 AM   #13
AttachedMama
Registered Users
seller

The other mamas have all had such great advice! I really hope it gets better soon
AttachedMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 06:56 AM   #14
sunshinemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Both my ds's have/had reflux issues. Have you tried to have him sleep on an incline or a wedge? If he is passing out quickly afer you hold him upright laying flat may be the problem and some sort of incline might help.
sunshinemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 11:39 AM   #15
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinemama
Both my ds's have/had reflux issues. Have you tried to have him sleep on an incline or a wedge? If he is passing out quickly afer you hold him upright laying flat may be the problem and some sort of incline might help.

Also have you tried sleeping him on his side? I noticed that Noah is a high needs baby as well 10 months old and loves to be held to sleep. when I lay him down he likes to be put on his side and then I pat his little bum to ease him into it.

If I put him on his back he screams too.

Keep up the good work and you are doing a great job!
Old 05-29-2006, 11:51 AM   #16
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

He does love to sleep on his side...and definitely startles awake if I lay him on his back....currently, his favorite way to sleep is on his belly across a pillow. Now that I'm giving more thought to silent reflux...I would be willing to bet that's..at LEAST one thing that is bothering him....I'm anxious for his ped appt tomorrow...and I'm going to request to try meds....is there anything I can do to avoid meds? I can see the ped denying the meds because Drake's weight gain is fine....he's tried to tell me before that it doesn't requires meds unless he's spitting up so much he's not gaining weight....when I know that to be incorrect from personal experience with ds1....

Gosh...ya know, I feel like such a terrible mom when there's something bothering him (probably)...and he probably feels like I've just been neglecting him.

I'm really beginning to hate the medical profession....ya know? You're supposed to be able to trust them and they're advice....when Drake was 6mo...I listened to the docs advice (diff. than his ped) and he ended up *almost* in the hospital for malnutrition....it's a long story..but.....UGH....I feel like a horrible mother and I'll never distrust my mothers instinct again.
Old 05-29-2006, 08:56 PM   #17
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

You are not a horrible mother don't say that. If you were you would not be here asking for help You are doing the best you can. I too feel the same about the medical pro's they always go against you when you say I think it's this they always try to tell you it is something different. Always go with your gut. It will never be wrong and if it is better wrong then sorry!!!

You are a great momma!!
Old 05-29-2006, 09:32 PM   #18
stephdpn
Registered Users
seller

It is just not true that meds aren't needed unless they are losing weight, my DS (who was EBF) never lost weight, but he definitely needed the prevacid! Serious damage can be done to the esophagus without any spitting up - after all, adults with reflux don't spit up!! Ask your dr about zantac, prevacid, and nexium - sometimes what works for one doesn't work for another...if he gives you static about it, I would get a referral or make and appt with a pediatric gastroenterologist - if nothing else but to tell you that's NOT what it is if it's not! So sorry mama - here's hoping your appt goes well tomorrow - keep us updated! Remember your mama's instinct is most always right!
Old 05-29-2006, 09:56 PM   #19
falcon2
Registered Users
seller

Last edited by falcon2; 05-29-2006 at 11:06 PM.
falcon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 11:07 PM   #20
2lilmonkeys
Registered Users

I don't know if this is any help at all...But I did want to mention that when we went through a period of sleep problems with my older daughter, we found that putting her to bed exhausted was a big problem. We thought that 8pm was plenty early but it turned out that she needed to go down as early as 7pm. The earlier we put her to sleep, the better (and later into the morning) she slept.

Amy
2lilmonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote