Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-30-2006, 12:10 AM   #21
Registered Users
Re: I'm exhausted...*long*

I would get the reflux checked out. My dd has reflux and if I forget her meds or something to that nature she lets me know it cause she screams. I know from experince because I have reflux and it hurts and burns really bad. To me mothers are the best doctors because we know our child better than anyone else IMO we need the doctors to conferm and test our children.

Earn free gift cards with [Swagbucks Spray vitamins key to good health SprayVitamins Blanket Babies J 6/05 M 12/07 and Newbie M 10/13
Lyric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:22 AM   #22
Registered Users

We feel you pain mama!! ds 1 was a breeze ds 2 well all i have to say is if he was born first we would have stopped at one child!!! lol Seriously he is just like your son and I shower like once a week b/c as soon as i walk away he's crying again !!!
Lisa & Steve
Stephen 10.14.05 Cameron 6.2.01
hockeymom6201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 05:57 AM   #23
Registered Users
My Mood:

Originally Posted by stephdpn
It is just not true that meds aren't needed unless they are losing weight, my DS (who was EBF) never lost weight, but he definitely needed the prevacid! Serious damage can be done to the esophagus without any spitting up - after all, adults with reflux don't spit up!! Ask your dr about zantac, prevacid, and nexium - sometimes what works for one doesn't work for another...if he gives you static about it, I would get a referral or make and appt with a pediatric gastroenterologist - if nothing else but to tell you that's NOT what it is if it's not! So sorry mama - here's hoping your appt goes well tomorrow - keep us updated! Remember your mama's instinct is most always right!

We have the same here, ds2 is a healthy pudgey 13lbs and gaining. But I'm sure it hurts like all get out when he misses a dose. If your dr won't at least "amuse you" and go along with your instincts for testing/treatment I would think about finding another one. We couldn't find a good ped when ours retired so our boys go to our family dr. He's wonderful and they both love him.
Sunshine Wishes| HC |Need your onesies converted?
T's Boutique| HC
Granola Chicks 1 & 3rd Thursdays | Mom's Boardwalk 2nd & 4th Fridays
sunshinemama is offline   Reply With Quote