Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-16-2010, 07:36 PM   #1
MrsK
Registered Users
seller

Fleece for summer?

Would fleece be a good breathable cover for summer? I know that wool would be best but I'm not really into the upkeep for up nor do I want to get sucked into the really expensive stuff (yet... maybe when hubs gets a better job) How often does fleece cause compression leaks? I live in the south- would it be too hot for fleece? TIA!!!

Advertisement

Old 03-17-2010, 08:19 AM   #2
MrsK
Registered Users
seller

Re: Fleece for summer?

bump
Old 03-17-2010, 08:25 AM   #3
mem9157
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I love fleece for the winter but I just think it is too hot for dd here. We are outside of Houston and we have upper 90s and extremely high humidity all summer. I remember last year, I tried a soaker and poor Lainey's skin was so warm under it! We will be doing interlock and pul this summer. I don't mind the pul when we are at home or running errands, but if we plan to be out all day, like at the zoo, then she will be in wool.

As far as compression, as long as you change before the diaper is [I]soaked[/I you shouldn't have much ime. We use fleece all winter and the only time I have had compression leaking was a long car trip when she fell asleep and we waited too long to change her. hth
Old 03-17-2010, 08:25 AM   #4
BigSamsMom
Registered Users
seller

Momma, honestly I haven't used much fleece on my DS, but what I have used seems to work as well as wool, IMO. I've got several remnant rolls of fleece in my sewing basket, slated for soakers for my guy, and we are in Hot & Humid Houston. So I am going to give it a spin this summer. I have some polar fleece shorts that I have run around in for the past two summers, and I don't find them any hotter than denim.
BigSamsMom is offline   Reply With Quote