Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-16-2010, 09:48 PM   #11
Hilarigh
Registered Users

Re: sposies at first

thanks for the feedback mommas. i guess we'll see how many dipes we can get the nurses to give us before we leave, our hospital uses the pampers swaddlers, and then take it from there.

i'm hoping the "twin card" will make the nurses want to hook us up!

Advertisement

Hilarigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:56 PM   #12
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

We also liked Pampers Swaddlers the best.

My closest girlfriend has twins & she said that Seventh Generation in the newborn & smaller sizes really stink. I know she really would have prefered something all natural but it just wasn't happening. I have used them in the larger sizes like 5 & 6 & did like them for those sizes.
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:29 PM   #13
pcjs
Registered Users

We liked the Pampers Swaddlers too for newborns - once he jumped to size one - we preferred the Huggies Pure and Natural (can't use diapers with gels). There are usually coupons/specials for both diapers - don't buy too many newborn diapers... they grow out of them very quickly - we only used them for a few weeks, then a few weeks with size one, etc.

The main difference between the two is Huggies is more fitted with elastic - with a newborn that didn't work as well - we had no leaks but just didn't like it as well - now we prefer it and it gives us a better fit (son is 6 months but liked after size 1-2). The Swaddlers are flatter and looser vs. fitted and are easier for a newborn. They also make the sensitive version, which are nice too, but not necessary - go for price.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:53 PM   #14
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Do you have any idea on how much the twins might weigh. I jsut ask because I just had my baby a single birth but she is on the smaller side and came in a 5lbs 7oz all sposies absoultly swim on her I have some NB huggies, Luvs 7th generation and swaddlers and they are all just gigantic the huggies fit "best" but still ridiculously big.. We should be in preemie for sposies but the cloth I have jsut fits better.

Deanna
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:04 PM   #15
Hilarigh
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZmommy View Post
Do you have any idea on how much the twins might weigh. I jsut ask because I just had my baby a single birth but she is on the smaller side and came in a 5lbs 7oz all sposies absoultly swim on her I have some NB huggies, Luvs 7th generation and swaddlers and they are all just gigantic the huggies fit "best" but still ridiculously big.. We should be in preemie for sposies but the cloth I have jsut fits better.

Deanna
we had a growth scan last monday, not this past monday but the one before that, i was 34w4d and they were both measuring at 4lb 3oz. the books say they'll pick up about half a pound a week until delivery but these guys have been smallish, in the 22nd percentile for weight, so we'll see. i know those weights aren't always very accurate but i'm hoping to cook these kids to at least 38 weeks and hopefully get a couple 6 pounders. yikes, it's getting more and more real every day!
Hilarigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:15 PM   #16
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

My last scan was the Friday before I delivered (delivered the next monday) they told me 5lbs 4oz at my scan baby arrived at 5lbs 7oz soo pretty spot on. hope they get to the to the 6lb mark!

Deanna
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:13 AM   #17
canalian
Registered Users

My Mood:

We had blow outs with disposables of all kinds in the first few months, so I don't have a preference to offer. One difference I noted was that Pampers are scented, so if you don't enjoy that kind of thing it might make a difference.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:39 AM   #18
divabeadz
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: In a turn of the century farmhouse with my 2 favorite people!

Small babies do well in Pampers Swaddlers. Its what they used in the NICU for my dd. She was too small for the preemie Swaddlers (they went all the way up to her collar bones -- she was under 3 lbs) so they folded them down to fit. But she stayed in preemie size till almost 7 lbs before moving into newborn dipes. For small babies I found the pampers had the best fit -- I'd gotten some random Huggies (in red pkg) at my shower and those were awful. She leaked out of each and every one till I got rid of the pkg. But I loved Huggies Pure & Natural -- but she was bigger by then and at that point you'll be in cloth, so I can't recommend how well they do on an itty bitty baby.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:43 AM   #19
lisastwins2002
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilarigh View Post
i'm hoping the "twin card" will make the nurses want to hook us up!
With my first set of twins, the hospital sent home a ton of stuff - diapers, formula and nipples, and tons of extras. With our second set of twins (who were preemies, born at a different hospital, and discharged at different times), we got next to nothing. I was not shy about asking for anything the first time around so make sure you do. If they room in with you, grab an extra pack of diapers and put it with your stuff. Make sure you take everything that was opened before you left because they just throw it out otherwise. I'm guessing most nurses will be understanding about things since you will have 2 in diapers at once. Also, look into your local twins club. Ours has a diaper and formula pantry. If you can't find one, ask everyone you know to clip diaper coupons (every brand possible until you know what works best).

GL!
Lisa, SAHM to twin DD's 1/2/02, DD 6/13/07, b/g twins 4/5/09, girl #5 arrived on 5/26/10!!
*** Be my SwagFriend ***
lisastwins2002 is offline   Reply With Quote