Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-19-2010, 07:55 PM   #1
WiggleBean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
BFing and appetite

OK, I am pretty sure I was never this hungry even while pregnant. I feel like I do nothing but eat and nurse and sleep lately. DS is three weeks old. I also want a lot of foods I don't normally want (not all at once anyway), like high calorie stuff. I am still recovering from the c/s, so I'm not even really active yet. I think I'll have to eat an entire grocery store once I'm healed and get back to running and martial arts again. Anyone else?

Advertisement

WiggleBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 08:18 PM   #2
Hjellebean
Registered Users
seller

Re: BFing and appetite

Yeah totally normal I was like that with my daughter too. You feel like you are always hungry and just want to eat eat eat. The fun part is most of the time you have to learn how to eat and feed baby at the same time. It gets a bit more controlled in the next month or so. Don't worry your body needs the food and will burn things up once your appetite levels off.
Hjellebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 08:26 PM   #3
purna079
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I ate like a pig the last 3 weeks of my pregnancy...but my daughter must have needed it to put on the final touches. Once I delivered, my appetite subsided until I lost 30 of the 40 lbs I put on. Then I started having a crazy appetite again and Im afraid I will not lose those last 10 lbs. I really want to , cause I miss my size 8 figure

But that high calorie cravings are crazy...i wanted to eat stuff I never wanted...Guess our bodies just decide on their own what they need.
purna079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 08:51 PM   #4
LucyK12
Registered Users

My Mood:

I eat non-stop when I'm nursing! I'm a runner, so I think that adds to it. I don't really limit myself because I don't want to mess up my supply. Luckily, I haven't had any trouble losing the weight with any of my boys (I have 3). I try to keep the snacks healthy, but I don't really deny myself if I'm having a craving!
LucyK12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:57 PM   #5
WiggleBean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can't imagine what it will do when I can start running again. I may not be able to sleep because I'll have to eat every waking moment. j/k..well sort of! I don't deny myself either, but I usually prefer very healthy foods, so I'm lucky I guess. Ah well, off to nurse again! Thanks to the giant dinner I ate a while ago, I'll make it through. I ate two bison burgers with cheese, some sweet potato fries, and some veggies. I had a soda with it, because I really wanted one. Usually I drink water mixed with a little juice or herbal tea, but I really wanted a sugary soda. No HFCS though, I can't stand it.
WiggleBean is offline   Reply With Quote