Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-20-2010, 06:33 AM   #1
Babygiggles04
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Please tell me the truth!!

Do you really use a snappi without a cover?? I have a 2 month old and I was wondering just because summer is coming around. Right now we use it with out a cover but he is not that active and I keep an eye on him at all time,,, but would like to know how it is with a active baby! just be truthful! LOL Thanks!!!

Advertisement

Old 03-20-2010, 06:45 AM   #2
melyaro
Registered Users
seller

Re: Please tell me the truth!!

I did until DD was climbing down off the couch one day and one side of the snappi got stuck on the couch fabric and she was stuck crying on the floor with one side of the snappi stretched about a foot long and acting like a bungee cord holding her down. I swore that was the end of using them without covers then one day I got lazy and the exact same thing happened again, so that was the last time I ever used one without a cover.

SWAGBUCKS: loving that I'm getting free stuff for doing pretty much nothing!
melyaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 06:52 AM   #3
sillymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have done it quite often, and still do it occasionally, but curse myself every time it would snag my shirt or other fabrics. If you cut the hanging down part off it would be less of a problem. I like a wool interlock cover in the summer over prefolds and fitteds.
sillymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 06:58 AM   #4
sjmj
Registered Users

I am too scared to use a snappi without a cover (once they are moving) - I use pins if going coverless.
sjmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 06:59 AM   #5
februarymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Honestly I do it quite a bit in the summer months and I have never had an issue with it coming undone. We do live in upstate NY though and so I haven't done that since probably last September so I don't know how it's going to hold up under 3-year-old active-ness, lol!
Old 03-20-2010, 07:03 AM   #6
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I do it all of the time! Of course, I have been know to dance with danger. You know, walk on the wild side.
I have had it snag a few times, it comes undone every once in a while. I have been bitten, too.
I have been breaking out the pins a lot lately, so it probably won't be an issue for us this summer.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:07 AM   #7
blackberry75
Registered Users

Nope, won't do it. It tore up my hand pretty bad one time and there's no way I was risking LO messing with it.
blackberry75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:10 AM   #8
JamieJLD
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by melyaro View Post
I did until DD was climbing down off the couch one day and one side of the snappi got stuck on the couch fabric and she was stuck crying on the floor with one side of the snappi stretched about a foot long and acting like a bungee cord holding her down. I swore that was the end of using them without covers then one day I got lazy and the exact same thing happened again, so that was the last time I ever used one without a cover.
Same here. We never got in a situation where DD got hurt or could get hurt, but the same can't be said for my couch. I don't see any reason to risk injury to DD, myself, and my furniture and carpet.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:14 AM   #9
Austinsmamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yep I sure do and my DD is quite active! She has twice snagged the neighbors shirt but I'm pretty careful with my own clothes when she has a snappi on
Austinsmamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:15 AM   #10
HollyS
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have as well, but as PP mentioned, they tend to get stuck on couches (or carpeting on the stairs). It's less likely to happen with birdseye (pfs) than flannel or bamboo terry since they hold the snappi on better. I still let her go coverless occasionally, but often regret it as well. It's probably not a problem until they are more mobile.

I'd pick up some fleece or wool shorties if you want breathabitlity this summer...although at her age, tummy time would be the only time I'd see a possible problem with it.
Mommy to DD (11), DS (8), DD (6), DD (3), and #5 due 2/14
HollyS is offline   Reply With Quote