Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-20-2010, 07:52 AM   #1
ttoy
Registered Users

Cloth and Walking

My little guy is 9 months old and close to walking. Is he going to have a harder time walking in cloth? I only ask because there was a mention of this in my Parents Magazine. He wears Flips and BG 3.0 not sure if that makes a difference.

Advertisement

ttoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:54 AM   #2
Sarah
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: Cloth and Walking

Cloth isn't going to delay his walking. My youngest started walking younger then her brother and sisters and she is the only one to be completely cloth diapered from minute 1
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:58 AM   #3
ttoy
Registered Users

Thanks, I'd hate to delay him by doing something that is so good for him. Too bad the Parents magazine isn't a bit more informed.
ttoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:04 AM   #4
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

It didn't seem to delay any of my 3 children. They all stood and cruised at nine months, and were walking unassisted by a year of age.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:10 AM   #5
Rainshine Designs
formerly "meganbathgate"
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think people often forget that cloth was the norm until 40-ish years ago. Our parents and grandparents managed to learn to walk without issues.

I also agree, both my girls were 100% CD'ed and they were both running by 10-11 months, it didn't slow them down one bit!

Enter code DSMAMA at checkout to receive 5% off your order.
Rainshine Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:11 AM   #6
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

no.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:06 AM   #7
Kristi26
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It didn't seem to bother my tiny DD when she was nearly 2 and in cloth. I don't think it will make a difference.
-Kristi,wife(5/02), , HSing, CDing,SAHM to Andrew(1/00), Lukas(2/03),Lily (1/06),and Ian (5/09) !Sweet Gwen, stillborn, 12/26/11, angel baby 7/08 Free History plans and more here: http://themommywriter.blogspot.com/
Kristi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 09:22 AM   #8
mmlsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my son started walking at 9 months as well and he was clothed from birth. you can not stop a baby that doesnt know any different! his older sister who wasnt clothed until the end (as a pl incentive) didnt walk until she was 17 months old. i think they walk when they are ready regardless of the dipe
Old 03-20-2010, 09:36 AM   #9
divabeadz
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: In a turn of the century farmhouse with my 2 favorite people!

Me and my sisters were all cloth diapered. All of us learned to walk before 12 months...I was the latest at 12 months and my oldest sister learned to walk at just 9 months. Mom used low end bulky Gerber prefolds and those gigantic gerber plastic pants. When we were kids in the 60's she didn't know any mom's who used disposables and the manufacturers of disposables marketed them as a convenience product for working mom's. My mom and most of the mom's she knew were all stay at home mom's till the kids reached school age...that was the norm back then. None of us are bowlegged either.

It's so irritating that the parenting magazines don't realize that modern day mom's are becoming increasingly more interested in cloth. Disposables are not going to go out of style if they mention the words cd, but cloth is making a real comeback and magazines would do well to be informed about the latest and greatest cd's on the market.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:39 AM   #10
OnAnnaTime
Registered Users

I started CDing my daughter at 7 months, she cruised at 8.5 months and walked at 10 months. I used crappy Gerber prefolds, with another pad folded in, super bulky! She didn't have any problems. Just a little extra cushioning for the occasional fall.