Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-22-2010, 07:21 PM   #1
Registered Users
why do I have to repeat myself?

Ugh. Ok, last night was a rough night for DH and I. We went to L and D because I was having a horrendous headache, sudden swelling of the feet/ankles/hands/face and seeing spots. We were there for hours. Anyway...... it appears I may have PIH. Not really sure.

My 3 yr old ds got a Nerf gun yesterday after noon. It was a gift. Anyway..... today being as we got home at 5am, I was trying to sleep. Two of the older boys kept distracting the 3 year old, stealing his Nerf gun and coming up to the hallway outside my bedroom to play with it. And then the 3 year old would be screaming bloody murder at the bottom of the stairs, because he knew it was up there and he couldn't go get it. (Dh was also sleeping in the guest bedroom and my mom was watching the kids)

Anyway......after a while DH couldn't stand the goings-on any more and got up for the day. And still, even with him telling the 2 boys to leave it alone they kept doing the same thing.

Then we are sitting here and watching a family movie and twice more it happens......someone shoots the TV screen and then those to crack up laughing.

We asked them to leave it alone, only because it was a gift to the lil one and he hasn't even had it a day. The way it usually goes is the lil guy gets something, the big kids break it or lose the pieces before he's had a chance to enjoy it. That and unfortunately Dh's family dynamic....the grandmas ( the deceased mothers family and DH's mom) are always buying "special" toys that only "her boys" can play with unless they decide to share. *roll eyes* in which case I tell them to take it to their homes and when the kids visit they can play there. But DH wants to wage a campaign on fairness, so he jumped into UN-fairness first to show the grandmas its not fair to do it that way. (makes no sense to me)

Mom/stepmom to 8 beautiful children 16 yr old girl, 12 yr old girl, 9 yr old boy, another 9 yr old boy, 8 yr old boy, 7 yr old girl, 4 year old boy, 1 year old boy, expecting #9 in July!

ISO: size 3x maternity swimsuit
findingstrength is offline   Reply With Quote