Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-25-2010, 07:53 AM   #1
mrsbedford
Registered Users

Southeast TX

Any other Deer Park CD mamas? I know there's a Clear Lake/Houston thread, but most of the posts are pretty old, so I figured I'd make a new one.

I'm in Deer Park and have only lived here...in Texas...for a little under a year. So I don't know many people, and I don't know ANY other CDers, at least none down here!

Anybody interested in a CD meetup of some type?

Advertisement

mrsbedford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:02 AM   #2
noahbriansmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Southeast TX

Hi, I live in League City. I started the League City/Clear Lake thread but didn't get any interest. I joined this meetup group http://www.meetup.com/gentleparents/ and we have a meetup next month for a cloth diapering group.

If you get another group going I would be interested in participating.

-Michele
noahbriansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:27 AM   #3
mrsbedford
Registered Users

Hey Michele! League City is really close! I hope we can drum up a little interest. I've got two friends who flat out refuse to even TRY cloth, one had her baby the same day as my DS, the other is due in May. They won't even try gDiapers or the GroBaby system. I don't get it.
But I'd really love to meet other CDers down here. So I'm going to check out your meetup group there. Thanks for the link!

As for diaper swappers, there's two of us interested in a meetup, anybody else??
Old 03-25-2010, 11:01 AM   #4
noahbriansmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My DS is in a size L diaper but he can still fit M. I also use pf's on him and covers. I have several pockets too. I like using those at night. I have several diapers -fitted, aio's, cover, and pockets that do not work well for him. What size does your DS wear?
Old 03-25-2010, 11:34 AM   #5
Aubrey's mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I live in Baytown but some of my family lives in deerpark/la porte area so we are always over tiere. But I am very interested in a meet up. I have a 7 month old daughter who is going into large size diapers. Only diapers I have now are flip I have only tried those and a couple WAHM all in ones. Really wanna try new diapers just waitin to get the money. we should really plan to meet up even if its only a few of us.
Aubrey's mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:41 PM   #6
mrsbedford
Registered Users

DS is 7 weeks old today! Yay! He wears smalls...if I can tighten them enough for his little chicken legs. Haven't had a baby in ages so my stash has to be totally replenished. Ugh! Franklin Goose is helping out with that though! Audrey's Mommy - go to extra fluffy and check out the Franklin Goose threads!

But yes, I think we should definitely get together! It would be great to hang out with CDers. Three of us now, maybe we can get some other folks to join!
Old 03-27-2010, 08:29 PM   #7
Aubrey's mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I will have to go look at that cuz I am really interested. But we really need to get together I would love to get together with other cd momma's.
Aubrey's mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:39 PM   #8
noahbriansmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Did either of you join the meetup group I posted? We have a CD meeting next week. It doesn't cost anything to join the group. We can still do a group of our own. Where/when do you 2 want to meet?
Old 03-29-2010, 07:01 PM   #9
avasmom3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am in Wharton, about 45 minutes south of Houston on hwy59. I would love to be a part of any meetups going on! I have two LOs, Chance-6 yrs and Ava-17 months. I live in a very rural area and I have ZERO friends that share the same parenting ideas as me . I am a SAHM and distance is not really a problem for me.

Last edited by avasmom3; 03-29-2010 at 07:02 PM.
avasmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:36 PM   #10
sillyutalktome
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahbriansmom View Post
Hi, I live in League City. I started the League City/Clear Lake thread but didn't get any interest. I joined this meetup group http://www.meetup.com/gentleparents/ and we have a meetup next month for a cloth diapering group.

If you get another group going I would be interested in participating.

-Michele
I'm in La Porte. I love this group you posted Michele. I haven't been to many meetings b/c dd has been sick and recently had surgery. But we're going more. Hope to meet some of you there. We currently aren't cloth diapering anymore b/c I just couldn't do it all. But I did cloth diaper for 18 months. I hope you guys are able to get together or come to the group's activities. It's great to meet other like-minded moms.