Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-25-2010, 11:51 PM   #1
payger
Registered Users

My Mood:
how much country save

well I guess the title kind of says it all... how much Country Save do you use per load of diapers?? the lady I bought the soap from said she used 1/8 of a TEASPOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!:he adscratch:
this can not be right...

Advertisement

payger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:03 AM   #2
Carey-Anne
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: how much country save

You are right that 1/8 tsp is WAY to little!!!! I tried 1/2 tsp once before and that was too little, I had to add more. Maybe she meant 1/8 scoop?? That makes more sense.

Depends on your type of washer (TL or FL), if you have hard or soft water and how many dipes you are washing. We use Country Save. I wash 8 snap in double or triple layer soakers, 16 doublers, 10 to 12 fleece liners and the pail liner. We used to have hard water and I would use a regular TL with about 1/2 full of water. I found 1 TBSP worked well, any more and it took me too many warm/hot rinses to get detergent out. I initially started with 1 1/2 TBSP and could not get it all out. I had to strip after a month to get out detergent. Now we have soft water and 1 tsp in same amount of water works well. I will see a good amount of bubbles while it fills up with water but once it starts to agitate I will only see a bit of a white film.

It is agitation more than anything that gets dipes clean (of course with some detergent), that is why you can use so little detergent (especially with CS)as a little goes a long way!!!!!! Lots of bubbles does not necessarily mean dipes will get more clean (unless dipes smell dirty even after clean). In my experience with using CS, lots of bubbles means detergent residue being left in dipes even after 2, 3 or 4 rinses.

I am also a WAHM who sells Avon and Regal gifts. Please e-mail me for a catalogue or website catalogue link

Last edited by Carey-Anne; 03-26-2010 at 12:23 AM.
Carey-Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:48 AM   #3
browneyeNYmomma
Registered Users
seller

I envy those of you that can use Country Save! I was so excited about being able to use a "greener" detergent...but it just does not clean well with our hard water! I have tried even over half the scoop and the diapers still just do not seem to come clean! So I keep resorting back to Tide. The bad thing is that I bougt the 4 box bulk quantity from Amazon!
browneyeNYmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:59 AM   #4
sjanea74
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The thing I like about country save is that it has been third party tested to be clean rinsing. Meaning that its leaving nothing behind on your clothes or diapers. I use it for all of our laundry and LOVE it!

I had to tweak our routine to figure out how much to use and what works for us to NEVER have stink is this:

Cold light wash with 1/2 scoop of country save (just the one rinse cycle that it does after the wash)
Hot wash with a whole scoop of country save with just the one rinse cycle it does with the hot wash cycle.

That's it! Since its clean rinsing I haven't been doing the second rinse after the hot wash and its been working great for us. I've even switched my 8 yr old to cloth pull ups at night and even with his pull ups/inserts in there everything is getting clean.

I seriously couldn't be happier with a detergent. I am using a top loader so if you have a front loader I'm sure you could use less. If I had a front loader I woudl be using 1/4 scoop in a cold light wash then a 1/2 scoop in the hot wash but I would add the extra rinse.

sjanea74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:12 AM   #5
patchoulimama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjanea74 View Post
The thing I like about country save is that it has been third party tested to be clean rinsing. Meaning that its leaving nothing behind on your clothes or diapers. I use it for all of our laundry and LOVE it!

I had to tweak our routine to figure out how much to use and what works for us to NEVER have stink is this:

Cold light wash with 1/2 scoop of country save (just the one rinse cycle that it does after the wash)
Hot wash with a whole scoop of country save with just the one rinse cycle it does with the hot wash cycle.

That's it! Since its clean rinsing I haven't been doing the second rinse after the hot wash and its been working great for us. I've even switched my 8 yr old to cloth pull ups at night and even with his pull ups/inserts in there everything is getting clean.

I seriously couldn't be happier with a detergent. I am using a top loader so if you have a front loader I'm sure you could use less. If I had a front loader I woudl be using 1/4 scoop in a cold light wash then a 1/2 scoop in the hot wash but I would add the extra rinse.
Do you mean you're washing each load TWICE? Once in cold, then once in hot? Or is it an either/or thing?
Hardcore-crunchy single SAHM to Keir(18) Khalil Kai(3)and Safiya Sky(7 months) Your average BFing, CDing, BWing,nonvaxing,bed sharing,composting,tree hugging, whale saving, granola munching, hemp milk drinking, tie dyed barefooted vegetarian deadhead family, and I wish we lived in a purple school bus and solved mysteries!
patchoulimama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:51 PM   #6
Carey-Anne
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyeNYmomma View Post
I envy those of you that can use Country Save! I was so excited about being able to use a "greener" detergent...but it just does not clean well with our hard water! I have tried even over half the scoop and the diapers still just do not seem to come clean! So I keep resorting back to Tide. The bad thing is that I bougt the 4 box bulk quantity from Amazon!
We had hard water too so we just made things much easier by getting a water softener. Have you tried adding Calgon or RLR while using CS?

I am also a WAHM who sells Avon and Regal gifts. Please e-mail me for a catalogue or website catalogue link

Last edited by Carey-Anne; 03-26-2010 at 06:30 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:59 PM   #7
AKislandgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I wash with it and also love it. I have a top loader. This is my wash routine...

I do two washes. The first is a cold wash with half a scoop. The second is a hot wash with just a bit less then half a scoop and an extra rinse.

I think I may try to ditch that last rinse since reading the OP. It really does a great job for us on all of our laundry.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:33 PM   #8
Carey-Anne
Registered Users

My Mood:

After reading the other posts my wash routine is no pre-rinse (since I have already rinsed them prior to throwing in diaper pail), hot wash with 1 tsp CS which is followed by a rinse. No extra rinse is required since it rinses clean. But now that I just got a HE TL washer, the rinse cycle uses practically no water so I am adding another rinse.

Old 03-26-2010, 06:42 PM   #9
payger
Registered Users

My Mood:

thanks everyone!
payger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:12 PM   #10
Apple_Dumplin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We love country save! It does great with our hard water (it's it funny how we are all different?) I use between a half scoop and 3/4 of a scoop depending on how many diapers I'm washing. We have a top loader.

ISO: OBGE's in like new or VGUC in Sassy, Ribbit, and Noodle- Please PM me!
Apple_Dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote