Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-24-2006, 07:59 PM   #1
imommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Lookie what I did yesterday!!!

This is too much fun. I did some purple too (unfortunately they're too small but FS if you want them!) and am getting ready to do some red! Woohoo!

Advertisement

Old 04-24-2006, 08:03 PM   #2
hollyhobby30
Registered Users
seller

Re: Lookie what I did yesterday!!!

WOW!! Great job mama!!
hollyhobby30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 08:06 PM   #3
beckers1111
Registered Users
seller

yeay mama!!! what kind of dye did you use?? I cant seem to find dylon around here anywhere...
beckers1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 08:08 PM   #4
imommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got Dylon at our Wal-Mart but had to ask for it because I couldn't find it. They only had a few colors so I'm going to the craft store to see if they have more. If you can't find any, let me know and I can get some for you and you can send me some PP. I think it was $1.50 for each pack or something like that. Well worth my pirty prefolds!!! I love them and am addicted. As soon as I get more dye I won't have a white or cream prefold left in the house
Old 04-24-2006, 08:08 PM   #5
Jemgirl

Toe Jam anyone?
seller

My Mood:
Thumbs up Re: Lookie what I did yesterday!!!

Those look GREAT! I'm going to attempt that tomorrow I'm debating on whether or not to have the 4 yr old help....?
Jemgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 08:16 PM   #6
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemgirl
Those look GREAT! I'm going to attempt that tomorrow I'm debating on whether or not to have the 4 yr old help....?
I say go for it...put one of Daddy's t-shirts on her and let her go to town. When I was a camp counsellor, we would put dye in spray bottles and then hang t-shirts (or towels or pillow cases) on a clothes line and let the kids spray them. For the little bitty ones, that seemed to require a little less coordination and they get the instant gratification of seeing what they're doing right away. And it makes a really cool splatter effect. Make it educational by seeing how the colors mix (red and yellow make orange, yellow and blue make green, etc.) Worst case, they're "only diapers", right?

I couldn't find Dylon dye here either...my options were Rit (which I've heard bleeds forever) or a Rainbow Rock kit so I went with that. I did them this afternoon and now I'm trying very hard to resist the urge to go take a little peek. Hopefully I'll have pics in the morning!

And great job imommy...I hope mine turn out as well as yours...they look awesome!
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 08:16 PM   #7
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemgirl
I say go for it...put one of Daddy's t-shirts on her and let her go to town. When I was a camp counsellor, we would put dye in spray bottles and then hang t-shirts (or towels or pillow cases) on a clothes line and let the kids spray them. For the little bitty ones, that seemed to require a little less coordination and they get the instant gratification of seeing what they're doing right away. And it makes a really cool splatter effect. Make it educational by seeing how the colors mix (red and yellow make orange, yellow and blue make green, etc.) Worst case, they're "only diapers", right?

I couldn't find Dylon dye here either...my options were Rit (which I've heard bleeds forever) or a Rainbow Rock kit so I went with that. I did them this afternoon and now I'm trying very hard to resist the urge to go take a little peek. Hopefully I'll have pics in the morning!

And great job imommy...I hope mine turn out as well as yours...they look awesome!
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 08:50 PM   #8
mommy2zander
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

awesome!!
mommy2zander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 09:37 PM   #9
jessicad
Registered Users

Those look great! (as I look around for something that I can dye )
jessicad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 09:59 PM   #10
mamas120
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Very nice!
mamas120 is offline   Reply With Quote