Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-29-2010, 03:43 PM   #1
sasra_nu
Registered Users
seller

DELETE PLEASE

7/6/11 ANNOUNCEMENT - I went through a miscarriage at 11 weeks and a D&C last week. I am, as you can imagine, feeling pretty down and depressed and I'm just trying to cope with this loss. I have some adorable in-stock tutus listed in post #7 that are available to ship immediately, but other than that I am closed for customs for, most likely, another couple of weeks. Thank you for understanding. This has been a really rough time for myself and my family.

Just added several in-stocks to post #7 on 5/2/11 - take a look!

Thanks for checking out Punky Princesswear! I started out making tutus for my daughter (whom we affectionately call Punky) and my nieces, and have been selling them for over a year now. I am also offering several accessories with them, including wings, flower clips, and headbands.

I've been RAVED by a super sweet DS mama - check it out!

See post #7 for lots of in-stock items, many at discounted prices, ready to ship immediately! Tutus from $9, flower clips from $1, newborn/infant FOE headbands w/ flowers for $2!

Tutus are perfect for photo props, dress-up, birthday outfits, gifts, holidays, sporting events (get your favorite team colors), etc. Every little princess needs a tutu!

I will make them custom to your child's waist size, and in any colors that I have in-stock. I use anti-roll elastic, and my tulle has passed the lead testing required by the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008.

Pricing and length for the tutus:

0-6 months (approximately 6-7” in length, not including waistband) - $12

6-12 months (approximately 7-8” in length, not including waistband) - $12.50

12-24 months (approximately 8-9” in length, not including waistband) - $13

2T-4T (approximately 9-10” in length, not including waistband) - $13.50

4-5 (approximately 10-11” in length, not including waistband) - $14

6-6x (approximately 11-12” in length, not including waistband) - $14.50

I can make larger sizes also - PM me for a price quote. There is a lot I can do that is not mentioned here - PM me with any ideas or requests!

I can do either a “classic” style (this is the default and what I will make unless you specify otherwise) or “pixie” style. With the pixie style, the tulle is pointed on the ends – so it will look like this:

This one is plum, purple, and lavender.

And here is a picture of the classic style:

I call this one "Neon Rainbow" - it is orange, fuchsia, purple, turquoise, and apple green.

TUTU COLORS

Here are the colors I have available. One thing to note - some of the pastel colors (pink, lavender, mint, etc) show up darker on the roll than they actually look once they are on the tutu. You can see what they look like in a tutu in some of my photos below, but just keep that in mind!

And HERE is a Picasa album where you can see individual, close-up pictures of each color. Some colors are pictured there that are not pictured below.

Top Row:
Red
Orange
Peach
Burnt Orange
Yellow
Bottom Row:
Coral
Pink
Light Pink* No Longer Available
Rose Mauve
Fuchsia
Burgundy

Top Row:
Clay (it is supposed to be silver but is more of a clayish gray)
Brown
White
Ivory
Middle Row:
Black
Mint Green
Emerald Green
Apple Green
Light Blue
Bottom Row:
Purple
Lavender
Blue
Smoke Blue
Turquoise

Available but not pictured:
Plum (dark purple)
Navy Blue
Hunter Green
Silver
Dark Fuchsia (more purplish than regular fuchsia)
Beige

Other Styles of Tutus

Introducing my PETTI TUTU! These have "fluff" (tulle lol) tied to each and every strand of tulle (NOT just the top layer) for a super fluffy, full, adorable petti tutu. These are extremely time-consuming to make, but the result is worth it. I can do any colors you'd like on top and for the "fluff". The satin ribbon waistband as shown on the pink zebra petti tutu is optional and is an extra $3.50. For a limited time, I will offer them at a special price...

0-6 months (approximately 6-7” in length, not including waistband) - $22

6-12 months (approximately 7-8” in length, not including waistband) - $23

12-24 months (approximately 8-9” in length, not including waistband) - $24

2T-4T (approximately 9-10” in length, not including waistband) - $25

4-5 (approximately 10-11” in length, not including waistband) - $26

6-6x (approximately 11-12” in length, not including waistband) - $27

SOLD The Pink Zebra Petti Tutu is approx. 9" long, so would best fit 12/18 months to about a size 4/5, depending on how short or long you would like it. I can still adjust the waist to fit your child's exact waist measurement. SOLD

The pink/rose mauve/mint green petti tutu above is in stock and available for $24. It would be so cute for a spring birthday or an Easter egg hunt! It is approx. 9.5" long and has an 18.5" waist (stretches easily another 2"+). It would best fit sizes 2T to 5/6, depending on how long or short you would like it, and as long as the waist size will accommodate your LO.

Here is another style of petti tutu. The bottom is gathered all the way around, so the tulle doesn't really get messed up and it sort of forms a "bell" shape. I can do any colors you'd like, and do multi colors on the top. These are the same price as the regular petti tutus above.

This is a new style - knotted tutu! The strands of tulle resemble petals, for a super fluffy, unique look. I can do this in any colors you'd like. Add $4 onto the price of any tutu for this knotted look.

Here are the extras/options I have available:

Extra length - some princesses prefer a longer, flowing tutu (you can even go gown length!). $1 per 2” extra.

Satin-wrapped waistband – this gives the tutu a more polished look, and if the tutu will be against your child's skin (not over a onesie, leotard, shirt, etc) the tulle can feel scratchy. $3.50. It also helps prevent the white waistband from peeking through between the strands of tulle if the tutu is being stretched.
At this time I have fuchsia, purple, brown, white, black, red, and pink satin ribbon. Here are a couple of tutus with satin wrapped waistband:

This is another "Neon Rainbow", with fuchsia ribbon.

This one is fuchsia, pink, peach, and yellow w/ fuchsia ribbon.

NEW 3.5" flowers w/ 6-rhinestone jeweled centers and layers of fabric and organza. These are stunning and great quality! They will be attached to an alligator clip with a non-slip grip. They are $3.50 each and come in colors as shown:

Close up:

4" silk flower clippie (daisy or peony, see pics below) with rhinestone center. $3.00
It will be attached to an alligator clip with a non-slip grip. It can be clipped to the waistband of a tutu, onto the headbands I sell, or in the hair.
Here are the colors of flowers I currently have:

Daisies
Top Row: Cheetah, Leopard, Gray, White, Ivory
Row 2: Black, Brown, Burgundy, Purple, Lavender
Row 3: Blue, Light Blue, Turquoise, Emerald Green, Kelly Green
Bottom Row: Pink, Fuchsia, Yellow, Orange, Red
Not Pictured: Lime Green

Peonies
Top Row: Red, Orange, Yellow, Lime Green, Emerald Green, Turquoise
2nd Row: Pink, Fuchsia, Lavender, Purple, Burgundy, Black
3rd Row: Blue, Dark Blue, Brown, Leopard, Cheetah, Ivory
Bottom Row: White

Stretchy 1.5" crochet headband - $1 each - flower clippies can be clipped to the headband and used interchangeably
Here are the colors of headbands I currently have.

L to R:
White, Ivory, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Turquoise, Light Blue, Lavender, Purple, Fuchsia, Pink, Brown, Black
Also Available but not pictured: Emerald Green, Royal Blue, & Burgundy (does not match burgundy flowers but would be good for mixing and matching with other colors)

Please note that I order from several different suppliers at times, so sometimes the colors do not exactly match (ie, lavender headband may not match lavender flowers or tulle). If you want a photo of anything together to see how well it matches, let me know, or feel free to just ask me my opinion on what matches, I'm more than happy to help!!

SHIPPING INFO

Shipping for 1 tutu:
$2.50 First Class - in a polymailer - it may arrive with some wrinkles, but I always include instructions on how to get rid of any wrinkles (it's easy, I've never met a tutu that I couldn't de-wrinkle!).
Exact shipping for Priority - ships in a box so arrives less wrinkled. 1 lb from 60449 - usually around $5 - $5.50

Shipping for petti tutus:
Exact Shipping, Priority - these are too full and fluffy to scrunch up into a poly mailer and mail First Class, so I will mail these Priority only. They will come in a rather large box. If you are curious about shipping, it would be 2 lbs from 60449 - anywhere from $5-$9 depending on how close you are to me.

Shipping for hair accessories only:
$1.75, flat rate, regardless of how much you order.
If you order them with a tutu, the hair accessories ship with the tutu for free.

Shipping for wings:
These have to ship in a large-ish box, and go Priority. Shipping is usually $5 (for 1 lb) and usually I can also fit a regular tutu in there and stay around $5 for shipping.

I will ship to Canada if you have a feedback score of 5 or better and 100% positive. PM me for rates - it is not much more though

If you have any questions about ANYTHING, suggestions, or want a price quote on anything, please PM me! I am easy to work with and respond quickly to PM's!

GALLERY

Here are a few more examples of custom tutus I have made already, to give you ideas of how they look and how some of the colors look together. Also, please check out my Picasa album here for TONS more tutu photos!

The above is 3 shades of blue, with my DD modeling

The above tutu is pink, rose mauve, and beige.

What I call the "Sea Princess" tutu - 2 shades of green + 3 shades of blue. I could even add some purple to make a "Little Mermaid" themed tutu

Tinkerbell - apple green with hints of yellow, light lavender, and light blue

"Ultimate Rainbow" - this tutu is in stock and available for purchase for $12.50. See post #7 for details.

Red, shocking pink and white w/ red ribbon-wrapped waistband

This one is fuchsia, light pink, apple green, and also some light yellow in there which is hard to see.

This one is brown, burgundy, and rose mauve w/ brown ribbon.

I also have WINGS! $3.50 per set, plus postage (they will have to go Priority - your total postage with wings and a tutu will be either 1 lb or 2 lb from 60449 - usually $5-$7).

I have these wings - "butterfly" style - they are 15.5"x12.5" and they are great for infants/toddlers/littler girls. My DD is about 41" tall and 38 lbs, just for reference. They are available in orange (pictured), red, and leopard print.

I also have "pixie" wings -

in pink, lime green, teal, and pastel rainbow (shown). They are just over 19" x 19" at the widest point, and would probably be best for at LEAST 2T and up. I tried them on, and they fit ME, and I am not a small girl The straps may need to be adjusted/shortened depending on your LO's size.

Please PM me with interest - sometimes I get busy and don't check the thread right away. Thank you so much!!

Advertisement

Last edited by sasra_nu; 08-08-2011 at 06:12 PM. Reason: new items
sasra_nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:51 PM   #2
carolz
Registered Users
seller

Location: Moved from NorCal to CO but born & raised in Hawaii
My Mood:
Re: GRAND OPENING - Punky Princesswear Tutus & More - FREE SHIPPING or BONUS!

I want one! They are so cute! How many colors can we choose for a tutu?
Old 03-29-2010, 03:58 PM   #3
sasra_nu
Registered Users
seller

Re: GRAND OPENING - Punky Princesswear Tutus & More - FREE SHIPPING or BONUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolz View Post
I want one! They are so cute! How many colors can we choose for a tutu?
As many as you want, really... I have made them with as many as 5, and theoretically I could do more - but the more colors there are, the harder it gets for me to make the waistband the exact right size... Feel free to PM me if interested!
Old 03-29-2010, 10:11 PM   #4
carolz
Registered Users
seller

Location: Moved from NorCal to CO but born & raised in Hawaii
My Mood:
Re: GRAND OPENING - Punky Princesswear Tutus & More, Starting @ $12 - FREE SHIP or BO

Sounds good! Over the weekend I'll let you know, that way I can think what colors I want. I think I want 2 tutus. I'll pm you what I want. Thanks!
Old 03-30-2010, 10:49 AM   #5
Nicolenutt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: GRAND OPENING - Punky Princesswear Tutus & More, Starting @ $12 - FREE SHIP or BO

So cute!
Nicolenutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:27 AM   #6
sasra_nu
Registered Users
seller

I am now offering TUTU DRESSES!

I apologize for the poor pics - DD was not being cooperative, she is leaning forward in some of the pics and kept trying to run away from me while I was taking them! But you get the idea of how it looks on.

One IMPORTANT thing to note... during the testing phase, I had some trouble with the waistband/belt. What you see in the pic above is NOT what the waistband will look like on your tutu dress. After trying several things, I have settled on a braided tulle belt that ties with a satin ribbon. The braided tulle stays in place better on the dress (unlike the satin ribbon which is slippery). Here is what that looks like:

(Sleeping Beauty inspired)

(Little Mermaid inspired)

Here are color choices - I have individual pics of each color so you can see the colors well. A few colors are not pictured, so if you don't see what you're looking for or need help picking colors, just ask

The satin ribbon is available in Fuchsia, Dark Fuchsia, White, Purple, Red, Pink, and Brown.

The dresses use a TON of tulle (the one she is wearing is around 100 yards) and ribbon. They are super fluffy/full. Here are prices (based on your child's clothing size, not age):

0-12m (probably recommended more for older babies who can at least stand, I don't want your newborn getting lost in all the tulle, but it would be a great photo prop!) - $21

12-24m - $23

2T-4T - $25

4-6x - $27

Shipping - I really prefer to ship these in a box, which pushes the weight to Priority - so we'll say $5 to the USA, and if it's more I will cover the difference. I *may* be able to ship smaller sizes (anything with a length less than 14" or so) in a polymailer - First Class for about $3.

If you want to order, here is what I need to know...

* a chest measurement, taken just under the armpits
* a length measurement from just under the armpits to wherever you would like it to fall (anywhere between just below the knees to the top of the ankles looks cute - depending on how long you'd like it)
* Colors of tulle that you'd like
* Color of ribbon that you'd like
* If you would like a halter tie on top (ties behind neck) or shoulder straps that tie on top of each shoulder. Here is one I made with shoulder ties:

Last edited by sasra_nu; 10-08-2010 at 08:32 AM.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:59 AM   #7
sasra_nu
Registered Users
seller

This post has my IN-STOCK and SALE ITEMS! Some prices are discounted significantly if I am looking to clear something out. Some are just in-stock items that I created and may be priced at the same or slightly less than a custom item (but are available to ship immediately)

Shipping for any tutu is $2. Shipping for any amount of hair accessories is a flat rate of $1.75. If you buy a tutu w/ shipping, any hair accessories you purchase can ship for free with your tutu.

IN STOCK TUTUS

The above is a size 12-24 months (possibly bigger if you like a short tutu) Ultimate Rainbow no-sew pull-on tutu with elastic waistband. It has an 18" waist (easily stretches to 20"+) and is about 8" long, not including the waistband. Please measure your child to ensure a good fit. This one is $12.50:

The above is a size 12-24 months (possibly bigger if you like a short tutu) no-sew pull-on tutu with elastic waistband. It has an 18.5" waist (easily stretches to 20"+) and is about 8" long, not including the waistband. Please measure your child to ensure a good fit. It is accented with purple organza ribbon streamers. $13

The above is a size 18/24 months to 4T (possibly bigger if you like a shorter tutu) no-sew pull-on tutu with elastic waistband. It has an 18.5" waist (easily stretches to 20"+) and is about 9" long, not including the waistband. Please measure your child to ensure a good fit. It features a satin ribbon-wrapped waistband and bow, which gives the tutu a polished look and helps prevent the tulle from irritating your child's waist. $16

The above is a "Chocolate Raspberry" tutu made in brown, dark fuchsia, mauve, pink, and ivory. It also features pink with brown polka dots organza ribbon streamers and a pink satin bow. It is approximately 8-8.5" long, not including the waistband, and the waist measures 17" but easily stretches 2" beyond that. It would fit anywhere from about size 12 months to 3T/4T, possibly bigger depending on how short or long you want it, and as long as the waist size will accommodate your child (please measure to ensure a good fit). $13

The above is a SEWN tutu made in fuchsia, coral, orange, and peach. It is about 8-8.5" long, not including the waistband, and the waist measures about 17" but stretches comfortably at least 2" beyond that. It would fit from about 12 months to 3T/4T, maybe even bigger if you like a short tutu - as long as the waist size will accommodate your child. This one is being sold as "imperfect" at a discount because it was one of the first sewn tutus I made, and the waistband is a little uneven/wonky - but it can hardly be seen when it's on, and it is SUPER fluffy and would be great for dress-up. $11.50 + shipping

The pink/rose mauve/mint green petti tutu above is in stock and available for $23 + exact Priority shipping - 2 lbs from 60449. It would be so cute for a spring birthday or an Easter egg hunt! It is approx. 9.5" long and has an 18.5" waist (stretches easily another 2"+). It would best fit sizes 2T to 5/6, depending on how long or short you would like it, and as long as the waist size will accommodate your LO.

The above is a "Spring Rainbow" tutu with shocking pink, lavender, light blue, mint, yellow, and peach tulle. It is about 10/10.5" long and the waist size can still be adjusted to fit your child. It would fit about a 3Tish to about a size 6, depending on how short or long you want it. PERFECT for spring or an Easter egg hunt! $13

The above tutu is a Christmas-inspired short & sweet tutu with red, hunter green, and gold tulle. I can still easily adjust the waist size to fit your LO, and it is about 6.5" in length - would fit from an infant on up. Regardless of size, it is a short and SUPER POOFY tutu, and you will want to wear leggings or a cute CD underneath it if your LO wears it out & about. $9

STRETCHY HEADBANDS W/ ATTACHED FLOWERS

These are made of super soft, stretchy 5/8" wide elastic and have a 2" daisy attached to them. Totally adorable! I made these in 2 sizes - 13" and 16" (and both sizes stretch). 13" will usually work for a newborn-6 months or so, and 16" will work for 6 months - 24m or so, possibly even older. If possible, I recommend measuring your child's head to ensure a good fit.

I recommend wearing them around the forehead like a baby headband, not vertically - if they are worn vertically, they can sometimes slip off depending on head shape. But they are super soft and great for babies with no hair (like mine till she was 2 ) to wear around the forehead, with the flower on the forehead.

They are $2 each. The flowers are sewn on.

These are my 13" headbands:

Please see this album for close-up and non-flash photos if you want - I don't want to over-crowd this thread with too many photos!

These are my 16" headbands:

Again, there are close up/no flash pics in this thread

FLOWER CLIPS

All my flower clips come on a 1 3/4" single prong alligator clip WITH a non slip grip. My DD has VERY thin hair and these stay in her hair remarkably well w/ the grips! They can be clipped right in the hair or interchanged on crochet headbands, which I sell in my WAHM Wares for $1 each.

Below are all 3.5" daisies. This is an older style that I don't use anymore and I'm tired of looking at them! $1.50 each. The only ones I have left are hot pink and light pink (which is not pictured)

Everything is sold out except for the hot pink and light pink - which isn't pictured.

Below - roses - only red is left - $2

Below - 3.5" flowers - they are actually flattened mums. A few are sold out so please ask - I will get a new pic soon of what's left. $1.50 each!

Below - a handful of small flowers/bows - $1 each! The small flowers are about 2" across, and the bow and larger white flower are each about 3" across. Only the pink w/ white button center, lavender bow, and larger white flower are left.

PM me with interest - I try to check my threads, but I'll respond much faster to PMs!

Last edited by sasra_nu; 05-13-2011 at 09:59 AM.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:22 PM   #8
friducha
Registered Users

Bump very cute!!!!
friducha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 06:53 AM   #9
sasra_nu
Registered Users
seller

bump - have a great weekend!
Old 04-05-2010, 01:40 PM   #10
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I love your tutu pixies, I want one for dd. I would like to know, the ribbon waist, is the tie in the back just for looks or does the tutu open and tie in the back? I am debating on what colors to get, She loves abby cadabby, I am leaning towards those colors. I do love the pinks and lavender too..lol
I will pm you when I make up my mind, probably by friday, I have a pending echeck right now.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote