Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-29-2010, 10:12 PM   #1
flame_chick
Registered Users
seller
seller

I just knew it, I had this feeling - - pics

ok so I wasnt planning this. We were using protection during my ovulation, or so I thought.
I'm not really happy about it at this point, Im confused and scared. I shoulda been on BCP, but I dont like hormonal contraceptive.
BUT at the back of my mind I kinda wanted it, just a tiny bit, but not enough to be happy right now.
I also have a feeling that I am going to have a MC, and I don't want that either, that would be really hard. I know I put myself here.... But I don't want to tell anyone right now, well someone of course, but no one close to me - yet.
how long can I / should I wait? literally I just took the test 5 min ago, and the 2nd line came up pretty fast, a dollar tree test, I picked it up about a week ago, just to have in the house, for fun, since I took those tests a couple months back, the rush was intense, but I was never preggo before.... I thought it might be fun to pee on another stick, I didnt think it was possible, I just wanted to pee on it, and see if I could make myself see a 2nd line.... this 2nd line requires no effort what so ever to see!

oh gosh, oh gosh, oh gosh....

*edit to add - 1st day of LMP March 2nd, so EDD is Dec 7th, Im 3wk 6days preggo, 4 weeks tomorrow (tue)

Advertisement

Last edited by flame_chick; 03-29-2010 at 10:15 PM.
flame_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:27 PM   #2
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Re: I just knew it, I had this feeling - - pics

Congrats and that is a really dark line on a dollar store test, probably the darkest I've seen at that many dpo. I felt the same way when I found out I was pregnant with this baby. Confused and sort of like I wouldn't carry to term, but here I am, very close to the end! I had to wait a few days to compose myself to tell dh, even. Give yourself some time to absorb the news.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:32 PM   #3
flame_chick
Registered Users
seller
seller

it really does help when you hear others that have the same feelings and that understand what your going through. thank you so much for your reply.
time, I need time. thank you again
flame_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:33 PM   #4
Piper's Closet
Registered Users
Formerly: ewalk585 **DO NOT FSOT~ADMIN**

My Mood:

give your self a couple of days and figure out a really cute way to break the news like give him a present with a nb onesie in it. congrats
Piper's Closet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:36 PM   #5
Carey-Anne
Registered Users

My Mood:

Congrat's!!!!

Try not to think about MC. Unless they have been a problem in the past then it is hard to not think about it. I have had 4 MC and am pregnant with my 4th so I completely understand the wanting it in the back of your mind and the MC worry. Actually with this last pregnancy I was sure I was ovulating and thought that I should tell hubby it was not a good time but then of course when hubby and I were together then I wanted it in the back of my mind. I was sure it would not happen anyway and of course it did!!!!

With all my pregnancies (but 1) I waited till 13 weeks to annouce. It was so hard!!!! But I did miscarry one at 12 weeks, all the rest were sooner so it is easier to not have to untell everyone if something did happen.

Just try not to worry, try to enjoy it. I know it can be REALLY hard!!!!!

I am also a WAHM who sells Avon and Regal gifts. Please e-mail me for a catalogue or website catalogue link

Last edited by Carey-Anne; 03-29-2010 at 10:37 PM.
Carey-Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:43 PM   #6
MommyKeller0107
Registered Users
seller

That's is a SUPER dark $tree. Holy wow.

L0Ri K

MAMA T0 KADE (1/07)
LEVi (09/10)!

:: & RUBY ♥ ::
MommyKeller0107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:43 AM   #7
LadybugMonkey
Registered Users
Formerly: Confused mum
seller
seller

My Mood:

I felt the exact same way when I found out. I didn't know if we were ready to be parents and I kinda wanted a way out.

Our son is now 10 months out and turned out he came at the perfect time for us (financially, relationship with dh, career wise, etc). I was pretty unsettled with the idea until about 1/2 way through the pregnancy but once I accepted he was going to be with us it was so much better.

We have already decided that we "won't prevent" more kids and I would be thrilled to be expecting again.
LadybugMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:33 AM   #8
Revy
Registered Users

My Mood:

congratulations mama. just have faith. they did it so you can!
Naturally for Her is the first company dedicated in providing the best organic and natural fertility management options like Lady-Comp and the Today Sponge FREE SHIPPING in the US! FREE 1 BOX of Natacare 100% Organic products in every purchase of Lady-Comp!
Revy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:44 AM   #9
Tia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had that same feeling when I found out I was pregnant this time. It was sort of planned, but unexpected. We were supposed to start fertility treatments because of my m/c history and oops. I didn't know what to feel.

My test was that dark and I was already almost 6 weeks when I found out.
and born at home Alaina Jean 8.21.2010 7lbs11oz, 20"
Surro twins- 1.6.2013- 37 weeks, born vaginally
5lb11oz and 4lb8oz
Tia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:29 AM   #10
*Willow*
Registered Users
Formerly: MadreJoyce
seller

My Mood:

((hugs)) Just take it a day at a time, and when you feel confident in your pregnancy to talk about it to those around you will know when it is a good time to announce.

I also have to say I have never seen a dollar store test come up that dark so early on, and I have peed on more tests of theirs than I should admit to in the past and recently. I have read it is possible to still have periods during pregnancy and many women don't realize they are pregnant because of that. Do you think it's possible you are a little more along than you think?

Congratulations mama, I totally get the confused feelings, very normal and you will work through them in time. ((bighugs))
IT'S A GIRL! #5 Arriving Aug 2014
*Willow* is offline   Reply With Quote