Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-01-2010, 03:48 PM   #1
Registered Users
Formerly: jen**eth
My Czech Republic IVF ICSI journey *PIC HEAVY*

I thought this would be the most appropriate forum to put this in. But if it isn't, please PM me and I'll ask a MOD to move it

OK...I finally decided to post the photos of our trip to Zlin, Czech Republic. We went there in August/September 2009 to do our IVF ICSI. I just thought it'd be neat for everyone to see the pics.

I know before I got there, I had visions of the clinic being like something from the Hostel movies But I was very pleasantly surprised by how modern, clean and accomodating the clinic and the town was.

Here is a pic of the outside of the Zlin clinic

View out of the city from the front of the clinic. They were doing some remodeling while we were there. They're putting in rooms to make their clinic an all-inclusive IVF vacation

The pharmacy. The fertility meds were so inexpensive there compared to what I paid in Germany.

The B&B we stayed at- the Penzion Uno. It was on a hill above the city so we had awesome views and there were plum and apple trees around so we could snack while we went on walks

The view of Zlin from our B&B. You can see the clinic- it's the building in the back row that's kind of by itself

It amazed me how child-friendly the Czech Republic is. There were awesome playgrounds everywhere. It really felt that children are cherished in this country. This was taken at the zoo- I wish I could have played on something like this when I was little!

We went to a Luhacovice to visit the healing spring waters. There is a big tourist industry there from other Europeans and Russians who go there for spa treatments to cure different ailments. I figured I should go ahead and drink two cups to see if would help with my IVF cycle. Unfortunately it tasted like warm rotten eggs So I took a sip and politely found a bush to empty my cups.

This is the recovery room. This is where you wait to go in for your egg retrieval and where you go to rest after the egg retrieval. It was so relaxing- the windows were open and there were only woods around us so I would nap to the sounds of the wind rustling through the trees. I love that the clinic let me do things the way I wanted. I was paranoid after egg transfer, so they let me stay and rest for 3 hours!! There would be no way I'd be able to stay that long in a recovery room in Germany or the states.

And just because he's so cute- a pic of a lemur from the zoo. They were so tame- they would come up like my cats and put their front paws on my leg to see if I'd give them something good to eat. We ended up going to the zoo 3 times just to see these little guys

Here's a link to a detailed written account of when we were there. I'm putting the link up because it contains BFP and children in it.

Proud wife to Air Force DH. Honored SAHM to my twins Samuel and David.
EP'ed for 1 year!

Last edited by Wanderlust; 04-01-2010 at 03:52 PM.
Wanderlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:39 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: My Czech Republic IVF ICSI journey *PIC HEAVY*

Great pictures! Love the first one with the Fed-Ex truck outside....guess it isn't the stork that brings babies after all
Sounds like you have a really great experience!
And that playground at the zoo looks amazing!!!
Thanks for sharing the pics with us
Lindsy ~ wife to ~ mom to three in my arms and one at the feet of Jesus born to heaven at 15w2d on 9/11/09.
dandelion_bouquets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 07:55 PM   #3
Registered Users

Thanks for sharing! Great pics!
Desirae. Air Force Wife to Daniel . SAHM to Daelyn Averi and Drake Aden Proud natural birthing, baby wearing, tandem nursing, ing, ,ERFing, pro-intact mama. I love my family <3
BabyD'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:15 PM   #4
Registered Users

jenny, do you still have the pics of Zlin? I tried to view them but they will not open. Thanks, Lisa
louisianalise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:54 PM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:

Thanks for sharing your journey with us!
RobinCharles86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:44 PM   #6
Registered Users

Hi Wanderlust,

I tried to send you a PM but I am not sure it went through as DS says I am not yet eligible to send as a new member. I have read about your experience in Zlin. I would love to learn more - I am trying to decide whether to go forward in the (very) near future.

TryinginDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:23 PM   #7
Registered Users
My Mood:

I can't see the pics...but wanted to say CONGRATS!!!
Kim ~ Wife To Jamie of 13 years *
Mama To, * Emily (8) * Maddy (6) * Makenna Claire (3)
Logan ~ Born May 9th
babygirls2 is offline   Reply With Quote