Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-05-2010, 08:44 PM   #11
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Whats your 2.5-3 yr olds favorite toys?

Hmm...my first suggestion was going to be My Little Pony's, since that is my niece's (she'll be 3 7/7/07) favorite!....BUT, you don't want characters or plastic....

so...

she also like:

dress up stuff, hula hoops w/ her grass skirt, doctor kit, baby doll (especially likes "pumping" for her baby, wearing her baby in a wrap or sling), legos, Little People...

Advertisement

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:30 PM   #12
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachinAuntie View Post
Hmm...my first suggestion was going to be My Little Pony's, since that is my niece's (she'll be 3 7/7/07) favorite!....BUT, you don't want characters or plastic....

so...

she also like:

dress up stuff, hula hoops w/ her grass skirt, doctor kit, baby doll (especially likes "pumping" for her baby, wearing her baby in a wrap or sling), legos, Little People...

If you don't want to do the My Little Pony, Schliech (not sure I spelled that correctly) has a ton of small figures. We have just about every horse they make, plus several of the barnyard animals, and a moose and all my kids (3-9) will play with them.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:50 PM   #13
nalazimbala
Registered Users
seller

We hate plastic toys as well, but one of DD favorite toys that she still plays with daily after having it over a year is a tea set made by Green Toys (made in the USA from recycled plastic bottles). We also got her this 3-in-1 toy for her 2nd birthday that she likes a lot:
http://www.magiccabin.com/product.asp?section_id=2001&department=1402&search _type=category&search_value=5204&cm_val=&cm_pos=&c ur_index=&cm_type=bandept&pcode=327
We skipped the walker and she's been using it as a ride on - she loves putting toys in the back and riding around the house. I think we are about to turn it into a walker for DS and then once he's walking, we'll switch it to a shopping cart for her again.

She also has a doll house, but really just plays with the dolls by themselves. We have the little wooden dolls made by Ryan's Room.

And of course dolls. We don't do plastic dolls in our house, so all her dolls are cotton stuffed with wool (I made several of them). You can find some great ones on Etsy - just put in "waldorf dolls".
Old 04-05-2010, 10:51 PM   #14
nalazimbala
Registered Users
seller

Oh, and Animalz - they're pretty cute and fun too.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:46 AM   #15
iggyloo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshtonsMommy View Post
I know you said you didn't want to buy plastic....etc........but my 3 year old DS will play for hours building houses and cars out of legos. He absolutley loves legos.
We do have legos! My mom saved my duplos from when I was a kid. She does love those! And so do I still...haha
Momma to Lily Grace Ryan 10/22/07 and Avaya Kai 10/30/10 Expecting #3 11/5/2014
iggyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:48 AM   #16
iggyloo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachinAuntie View Post

so...

she also like:

She actually got some for Christmas. I LOVED My Little Ponys as a kid with my sister. She surprisingly isn't into them though.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:51 AM   #17
iggyloo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalazimbala View Post
We hate plastic toys as well, but one of DD favorite toys that she still plays with daily after having it over a year is a tea set made by Green Toys (made in the USA from recycled plastic bottles). We also got her this 3-in-1 toy for her 2nd birthday that she likes a lot:
http://www.magiccabin.com/product.asp?section_id=2001&department=1402&search _type=category&search_value=5204&cm_val=&cm_pos=&c ur_index=&cm_type=bandept&pcode=327
We skipped the walker and she's been using it as a ride on - she loves putting toys in the back and riding around the house. I think we are about to turn it into a walker for DS and then once he's walking, we'll switch it to a shopping cart for her again.

She also has a doll house, but really just plays with the dolls by themselves. We have the little wooden dolls made by Ryan's Room.

And of course dolls. We don't do plastic dolls in our house, so all her dolls are cotton stuffed with wool (I made several of them). You can find some great ones on Etsy - just put in "waldorf dolls".
We love the Green Toys stuff, we have the sand set. Super durable. Sometimes you do have to buy plastic. lol That 3 in 1 thing is AWESOME! The ride on with wagon is so adorable! I love magiccabin.com, they have some great toys.

We've been debating a doll house. DH wants to build her one. We came across the treehouse set that you can build. I think we might get her that for her birthday or xmas this yr. It is so cool. Gah, I love toys as much as my DD does! haha
Old 04-06-2010, 06:52 AM   #18
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

DD adores her Megablocks (like duplos, and actually work with duplos) I won this building table from a give away on another site, and it became her Santa gift this year - she will play with it for hours. Sadly it doesn't hold all of her megablocks in the reservoir under it - she has more than what came with it, but I just stick the extra blocks to the plates on top, fold the legs under and stow it on a large hook on her wall when she's not using it.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote