View Poll Results: Disturb or do not disturb LO in the morning
If he's happy and content leave him alone so you can do your thing 99 94.29%
Leave him be for a few moments but hurry up 5 4.76%
It's not fair get him out right away 1 0.95%
other (is there an other?) 0 0%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-11-2010, 09:34 PM   #31
MamaNotes
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: To disturb or not to disturb LO in the morning

Oh I'm so glad you asked this because I have been wondering the same thing! My 13 month old has jsut started doing this recently. He used to cry when he woke up but now he wakes up and will usually sit/stare/play/talk/whatever for about 30 minutes.

I felt bad sometimes leaving him, but people re-assured me that it's a GOOD thing!

Advertisement

MamaNotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:37 PM   #32
MamaNotes
Registered Users

My Mood:

for those of you that do have babies that play independently, do you leave toys in their crib? I just started putting a book in my boys' crib so he can play with it when he wakes up if he wants. I'm SUCH a worry wart parinoid mom that I want as few things in his crib as possible, but I heard other moms saying they have toys in the crib, so I'm giving it a try!
MamaNotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:04 AM   #33
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:

Leave him. The only reason I would get him is if I know he has a rash and has been sitting in a wet diaper all night- I'd want to change him right away. I see no problem letting him play.
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:18 AM   #34
JAG's baby mama
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

If I find that DS is doing this at ANY time during the day, I see it as an opportunity to get something done that I want done. I leave him be and he is content with his play.

I see no harm in that. In fact, I think it is a good thing to encourage developing skills for playing on his own.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:12 AM   #35
krispy79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaNotes View Post
for those of you that do have babies that play independently, do you leave toys in their crib? I just started putting a book in my boys' crib so he can play with it when he wakes up if he wants. I'm SUCH a worry wart parinoid mom that I want as few things in his crib as possible, but I heard other moms saying they have toys in the crib, so I'm giving it a try!
My son has a few stuffed animals in there (4 one in each corner), his lovey, a small pillow, a blanket, and occasionally a book that he will just not let go of before bed the night before. Every so often I find a small car or toy in there that he sneaks in which I am okay with (he likes to hide things in his crib, he stuffs things in through the slats when its clean up time).

Is Someone Hurting you? You can talk to me 1.800.838.8238
krispy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:19 PM   #36
talulasboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DD is 19 months old and has been doing this for a few months. She loves her alone time and will actually wave her hands at me and say "no, no, no" if I try to get her out too soon. She sleeps with her pillow, blanky, ooh ooh and ahh ahh (her monkeys), and she sleeps through the night. I am not too worried about her diaper, since I always use a fleece liner at night so she feels dry. She just stays in there for a while talking to her monkeys and singing. Sometimes I hear "ucky, ucky", which means she is inspecting her toes for lint
When she is ready to get out of bed, she either calls for mama or daddy, or she waits to here footsteps in the hall and says "Hi! Hi!"
She is a totally happy, loving, well adjusted toddler and I feel there is nothing wrong with allowing children to develop some sense of independence at this age. So I say let him enjoy his time and try to take your little bit of time guilt-free!