Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-15-2010, 07:52 AM   #1
galesville1980
Registered Users
seller

Question ~GASSY 4 WEEK OLD~ PLEASE HELP

How long should we try a formula b4 trying another one? Our daughter is SOOO gassy she is in pain (I posted to that she has acid reflux). We use gas drops but they dont seem to help. We use Dr. Brown bottles. What else should we try/do?

thanks!

Advertisement

We thank god for our infertility everyday!!
galesville1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:13 AM   #2
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: ~GASSY 4 WEEK OLD~ PLEASE HELP

I would wait a few weeks to let the baby get adjusted bf switching. We had this prob with dd and went through sooo many ended up on gentlease. GL mama
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:13 AM   #3
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

oh have you thought about getting a hazelwood necklace from inspired by finn? I had one with Tay and OMG it helped sooo much with the reflux along with gripe water.
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:54 AM   #4
pcjs
Registered Users

Try the Playtex disposable and airvent bottles (just buy one of each to try). Also try other formulas... some babies just have gas... which end is it coming out of? For burps, just burp more... it sometimes just takes a while and try different positions - face down on lap, hold her in a sitting up position on lap, on shoulder and rotate for a minute or two each...for the other end, put her on the couch or floor and move her legs around - do biking style, up and down, side to side and other rotations gently to help push it out - we had to do that often for a long time and it helped a lot and my son loved it. And, we do mommy rubs - I'd just rub him and it would help - I'd say Mommy Rubs, and go top to bottom from his head to legs just rubbing and he'd give me smiles and just love it. It was very time consuming though.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:57 AM   #5
pcjs
Registered Users

Try the Nestles Sensitive and the Similac Sensitive (and then the RS and do a 1/3 RS mix to the regular sensitive - you can increase the mix as she gets older - we now do 50/50 but we found the RS too thick)...try the liquids first as you can get smaller quality and when you mix the powder mixing adds air from shaking and gives you bubbles... when it comes in a liquid, you gently shake to mix but you don't get as many bubbles.