Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-29-2006, 03:53 PM   #11
drenotdoctor
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Relactating Where to begin ,lol. Need suggestions!!

YAY! I am so excited for you! Go cameron, go cameron! woohoo!

Advertisement

Old 05-29-2006, 04:48 PM   #12
worldwarcaitlin
Registered
seller

Congrats on trying to relactate! I definatly recommend a supplemental nurser and a visit to a Lactation Consultant. The one I went to when I tried to relactate was so happy she gave me a free breast pump lol. I wish you lots of luck and just make sure not to let yourself get too stressed out because it screws with your let-down! Any amount of BM you can give your child is better than none!
worldwarcaitlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 07:02 PM   #13
1boy1girl1bitty2
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by drenotdoctor
DOMPERIDONE!! I have some if you want me to throw it in your package! I think it would still work...
where would i get this? is it prescribed by a dr? i made the desision before my DD was born that i did not wnat to BF but regretted it so when i got pregnant with DS i vowed i would BF, i tried but i had no support and there is not a lactation consultant here, i also had an 11 pound baby. (i didn't have the supply for his demand) he's only four months now and i have been considering this. he's eating solids and whatnot and is on isomil but i would really love to successfully BF. if not DS then the baby we are TTC.
Old 05-29-2006, 11:02 PM   #14
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1boy1girl1kitty2
where would i get this? is it prescribed by a dr? i made the desision before my DD was born that i did not wnat to BF but regretted it so when i got pregnant with DS i vowed i would BF, i tried but i had no support and there is not a lactation consultant here, i also had an 11 pound baby. (i didn't have the supply for his demand) he's only four months now and i have been considering this. he's eating solids and whatnot and is on isomil but i would really love to successfully BF. if not DS then the baby we are TTC.

Yes, Domperidone has to be prescribed by a doctor...and to complicate things even more, it is illegal in the US. Check this out: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8889

There are some links in that thread about relactating...it is difficult but doable and most would say definitely worth the effort! The best advice I've read/heard about reintroducing the breast is to not set your expectations too high and not let yourself get frustrated. I do not have personal experience with relactating, but I did exclusively pump/bottlefeed for the first 7 weeks and had to reintroduce the breast after that so I can sympathize somewhat. I can also give lots of advice about getting a bottle baby to take the breast!!

Good luck!!
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 02:43 PM   #15
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

check out Dr. Jack Newman and yes the Domperidone is illegal in the US for everything I think now. there is a doc/prof at Texas Tech that is a spec. about the risks or lack there of. The stuff is over the counter for stomach problems in my husbands country (crazy). They are both pretty easy to google. And don't give up even if you don't get a lot with a pump. I exclusively breastfed and never could get hardly anything with a pump ( i was faster just with my fingers LOL and could get more )
Old 05-30-2006, 09:10 PM   #16
jamreed02
Registered Users

wish I had such helpful mama's a few years back. try all their suggestions. I tried fennugreek, you have to take quite a bit, I'll have to look it up and post again tomorrow. As far as pumping, if you can get baby to latch on, do that as much as possible. Maybe you could even get a wrap and wear baby all day long and let her snack all day long. If you want, you can make a wrap using 5-6 yards of cotton knit fabric, 30 inches wide, hemmed all the way around. search for the "mamatoto" project and go to www.thebabywearer.com forums if that interests you. IMO, a baby's mouth is way more efficient than any pump as far as stimulating the breasts. If you like, DH can help with that, too... Also, LaLecheLeague can help a ton. Search for a local meeting, and get help. If you still need to suplement, you can get a supplementer that ties around your neck, and has tiny little tubes that you tape along the top of your breasts in a "T" with the end of the tube a little smidge past your nipple. then, when baby sucks, she'll be getting the nourishment she needs, and stimulating your breasts to make more milk.

I'll search through all the bfing resources I have at hand, and I'll post again tomorrow. I know there's stuff I left out. good luck!
jamreed02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 03:18 PM   #17
hockeymom6201
Registered Users
seller

so i'll be getting some Domperidone in the next few days ... My question is now if someone could pm me the website they oredered theirs from .. and also the supplemental nursers ??
Thanks Mama's !!
Old 05-31-2006, 03:36 PM   #18
drenotdoctor
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got a prescription for it from my OB. Not sure why ppl are saying it's illegal in the US... Hmmm... Maybe b/c it's not approved by the FDA?? Call your OB, maybe they can help you on where to get it. I got mine with a prescription from a compunding pharmacy.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:29 PM   #19
tanyaandallie
Registered Users

Domiperidone is not approved by the fda. It was my understanding b/c of this it was not available at all in the US. The friends I have that have used it have had to send off overseas for it.

If I were you, I would try the herbal route first. I am not sure there is any need to take both fenugreek and dom at the same time (but I would verify this with a lc). Most (but not all) moms have great results with fenugreek. If you don't, then explore the domperidone option.

Here is a link re fenugreek and domperidone.

http://www.kellymom.com/herbal/milks...fenugreek.html

http://www.kellymom.com/health/meds/...actagogue.html

old ds feedback: http://www.kikifoxito.com/ds/forum/i...p?topic=5132.0
tanyaandallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 04:29 PM   #20
tanyaandallie
Registered Users

http://www.kellymom.com/newman/19a-domperidone1.html

old ds feedback: http://www.kikifoxito.com/ds/forum/i...p?topic=5132.0
tanyaandallie is offline   Reply With Quote