Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-12-2007, 04:42 PM   #121
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:
Re: I just got a "real diaper" survey

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird25ca View Post
There are people who posted that they ARE on the list and DIDN't get the survey. And people who AREN't on the list and DID get the survey.
If they didnt get the survey it could have went to their spam folder? Or just missed?

And the people who arent on the list that did get the survey, they could have bought from her, you didnt have to be on their mailing list to get the survey, it was anyone who had ever bought from her. Also, sometimes people may not remember signing up for a mailing list or submitting an email address for whatever reason.

The survey company said that it came from them. They cant lie they have to tell the truth, they cant just say "oh we cant tell you who its from" they HAVE to by law tell you. I very much trust the mama's who have contacted the survey company.

My biggest issue at hand is this....when asked if she sent out the survey she said no, but she knows who did that it was some celebrities, looking to pass a bill....Thats a far different story than the one she has told her retailers I will be looking tonight for a response from her.

Advertisement

Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 08:35 PM   #122
Katherine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Over at the pin they're saying the owner is supposed to make a statement tonight.
Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 10:01 PM   #123
luv2bmom
Registered Users
seller

Go check out the pin she just posted there!
luv2bmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 07:13 AM   #124
Dawnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Linky to post at the Pin please?
Old 02-13-2007, 07:14 AM   #125
Luvmybabies
My two cuties :)
sitesupporter
seller

Here is the post from the Pin -

Quote:
Posted - 02/12/2007 : 11:59:18 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have thought long and hard about my response to all this and I hope you all maintain an open mind to what I have to say.

I really wasn’t ready to announce this just yet, but it is a big piece of the puzzle. As some of you may already know, my company Swaddlebees, has been bought by a group of people/investors. Obviously, as part of the purchase, I am required to disclose all company information, systems, and allow access to all company assets, website, database, accounts, etc. As is stated in our Privacy Policy under Business Transfers, our customer database automatically becomes property of the new owners as well. The transfer and transition has been going on for the last 6 weeks. Before they approached me, they had this project that they’ve been planning to launch a massive national campaign to promote the use of cloth diapers—slightly similar to “The Real Nappy Week” that the UK and other European countries do if you’re familiar with that event (http://www.wen.org.uk/rnw/index.htm). There is a hope that this campaign might help be able to pull some political strings, but I don’t completely understand that part of it and the process involved so I can’t talk about it. The survey was part of the project. The last time we discussed this survey, it was my understanding that they will buy an email list to send the survey out to. They liked my system of getting surveys out when I do tester diapers, so I thought they were going to mimic that same system I was using. This entire project was not meant to involve Swaddlebees or any of our customers since it’s a separate entity that will be heading the campaign. I would not even be involved in its execution since that is beyond my experience. But that’s not exactly what happened. I have been traveling a lot for most of January through the first week of Feb, so I wasn’t really available all the time and was hard to get a hold of. That is when a lot of miscommunication occurred. Not only was the survey deployed to my entire customer database—of which a fraction only wanted to participate in surveys, but it was one of my original accounts that were used to send out the survey as well. I have several mass email accounts that I use: one is used entirely for communication between retailers, one for communicating with customers only for new products, one specifically for those who signed up for testers, etc. I did not know this until several days after it was sent out since I’ve been busy trying to get caught up on a lot of things from the 3 weeks that I’ve been on the road. Because they now own Swaddlebees, and are not a third party and they are not attempting to sell anything with the survey, they didn’t think it was violating our Privacy Policy.

I know it’s a mess, and I truly wish it had been done differently. I apologize to all those that thought the email was sent by the RDA. I especially apologize to those that got the email that wasn't supposed to get it. There was honestly no intention to mislead people into thinking it came from the RDA. Real Diaper Foundation is the name of the entity they were going to use to do that campaign project. I didn’t think much of the name until the RDA contacted me since the name was patterned after the “Real Nappy Week”. Real nappies or “real diapers” is a common term used in other countries to refer to cloth diapers. Needless to say, the entity name will be changed. Had I known they were going to use our accounts to deploy the survey, I would have had them send it out as we normally send email communications out, and not use this other entity name that caused all this confusion.

It was hard for me to figure out what to say to people because I wasn’t ready to announce the change in ownership yet to my retailers—who would be the ones most affected by all this. I didn’t want them to find out as I try to “defend” myself here since I believe they deserve to know first. But at the same time, a lot of people are assuming I sold their information and lied about it or was trying to cover it up. It is pretty obvious that my original message had already been misconstrued several times that it sounds completely different from what was actually said.

This planned campaign may or may not happen. As I said, I would have no involvement in it. But the new ownership will be apparent over the next few weeks as our website goes through some changes. I will still be directly involved with Swaddlebees in the same capacity as I am now. The only change is that I have a whole new set of resources to help get things done. Please don’t think the new owners are deceitful opportunists out to make a quick buck by turning the CD industry around because they’re not. If anybody is worried about the information they shared in the survey, there is no reason to. With the way the tracking system of that survey is set up, all answers just gets pooled together with no reference as to who answered what.

I hope this has answered everybody’s questions.

Margarita
Old 02-13-2007, 07:26 AM   #126
Dawnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hm. I really don't know what to feel or think about that. I just discovered Swaddlebees AIO's and they actually work very well for us. OTOH, I'm very put off by all of this deceptive crap. I wonder why this "entity" (makes it sound very creepy) couldn't just do what they're doing in the open. And if Margarita is still going to be involved in the same capacity...(?) Huh? I thought she was the owner? If she's involved in the same capacity then she's still the owner. I'm sorry, but sharing customer databases is not cool, it's a privacy violation.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:58 AM   #127
mimid
Registered Users
seller

This whole survey thing is weird and bugs me. Who forms a foundation and doesn't look up the name to see if there is anything like it? Who buys a company and their mailing list and spams the mailing list without reading the privacy info that was given out to the people on the list? It just doens't seem very professional.

I was hoping the new style SB would come out in fleece since I'm not digging the athletic fabric, but now I don't think I'll be buying any SBs.
mimid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 09:44 PM   #128
triscuitsmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Whether what she was saying was true or not... I personally think it's balony that whoever comissioned the survey was not trying to look like the Real Diaper Association.

I could have handle (as I said in my original post) the name... but their address is in San Fransico (same as the RDA) and the zip code was the SAME! I'm sorry, but that is too much considering they aren't really even in SF. To say it was coincidence is baloney as far as I'm concerned. It leaves a really bad taste in my mouth that there are still lies going on

At any rate I'm glad she finally came forward. I won't be buying from them again but it is at least nice to get another piece of the puzzle. I can believe she never meant to hurt anyone.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:37 AM   #129
cuppa java
Registered Users

There are a lot of unanswered questions...

Who are the celebrities? Did they buy the company?

Why did they try to make the survey look like it was from RDA? The Real Diaper Foundation website was not even purchased at the time that the survey was senet out. Wouldn't you purchase the domaine before putting the name on your letterhead?

How is it that she will remain in the same capacity when the company is sold?

Why does the "purchaser" have access to personal information before the change of hands?

I'm really curious about this stuff. I unsubscribed from the mailing list, but still feel uncomfortble not knowing who this is that has my personal information.

Teri
cuppa java is offline   Reply With Quote