Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-07-2007, 12:49 AM   #31
mistylaureena
I saw Elvis. He sat between me and Bigfoot on the UFO
seller

My Mood:
Re: Best double stroller???

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileysMama View Post
I was just looking at that one! Ha ha. I like how the seats can be turned away from each other. That's what my brother and I would have needed, he was forever screaming at my mom about "Sarah's looking at me again!!!!"

Everyone watch out for the 'death-rays' I shoot from my eyeballs.
I saw that stroller too and I think its looks so cool but on another amazon review of it, they said the actual stroller is 55 pounds?? I dont know how true that is but man aive thats heavy if it is!! They said they got the info from Kolcraft customer service or something like that??

Advertisement

Old 02-07-2007, 06:31 AM   #32
Getz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That Kolcraft looks really cool!

I got a used Cosco (?) front/back double stroller at the resale shop for cheap. I am thinking about getting this jogger based on recommendations from Pin mommas. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

We go to the zoo alot and use stroller parking so I don't want anything too expensive that would attract theft. I think there is a special code of ethics w/ stroller parking but I am not taking the chance!
Old 02-07-2007, 08:50 AM   #33
aimee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undrthtblndrumng View Post
I have a joovy caboose for my two dc. Here's the link to some info: http://www.joovy.com/pages/pd_caboose.php

When my ds was born dd was 2 and a couple of months and she loved to walk around but got tired quickly. The caboose allows her to get in and out as she pleases or to stand up while still being pushed around in the stroller. It was about $170 (plus tax) at BRU two years ago. You can also look for like modeled ones at conseignment stores (I've seen a couple that aren't the same brand but have the same function).

I totally agree, go with the Joovy Caboose, it is GREAT!!!!
Old 02-07-2007, 09:39 AM   #34
Zan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistylaureena View Post
I saw that stroller too and I think its looks so cool but on another amazon review of it, they said the actual stroller is 55 pounds?? I dont know how true that is but man aive thats heavy if it is!! They said they got the info from Kolcraft customer service or something like that??
What??? 55 pounds!!! That's nuts!

Zan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:42 AM   #35
SugarBunsWool&More
Formerly: RileysMama
seller

My Mood:

The shipping weight on the W*M site says it only weighs 40 pounds, but I assume that's with the box and packaging.
SugarBunsWool&More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:55 AM   #36
hauser
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtophr View Post
we had a front to back which i hated because it was hard to steer
we had a side by side but it was too wide to fit through doors
we had a joovy caboose that was great except if the 2nd child wants to sleep and when you use it with an infant seat it will hit the person in the 2nd seat in the head

so there is my rundown lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2babiesndiaps View Post
I don't feel comfortable putting the baby in the bottom in the winter or anytime there are bumps.
We have gone down stairs with our youngest in the bottom!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~Mindy~* View Post
id love to get the phil and teds one, but theres no way in heck i can afford a 600.00 stroller
Mine was brand new $330 including shipping!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zionnecherub View Post
Phil and teds is the best. It practically steers itself with my 4yo and 9mo inside.
Yep!! I have a 9 mo and a child that is 3 years 9 mo/so almost 4 It is great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuAnn View Post
This looks cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtophr View Post
Well we got our phil and teds and tried it out tonight and OMG I am in love and kicking myself for not getting one sooner. I have been using double strollers for 2 years and this is just the ultimate and with all the money i spent on those other strollers i could have bought this one 2 times

It steers amazingly well, both boys loved riding in it and it is so lightweight like no tugging or pulling. I love it. All my worries about one being right behind were totally unfounded they loved it!! I am in love
Totally the same for us!!
Old 02-07-2007, 08:19 PM   #37
Dearonebaby
Registered Users

My Mood:

Personally I like the Maclaren for a single because they are so lightweight and they do have a double from what I understand.. also, for great info go to
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Stroll...guid=257052023
I will put a warning here: VERY ADDICTIVE!!! LOL... I started with 2 strollers and now have 5..lol.. These ladies are usually right though about strollers...
Sarah k
Dearonebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:50 PM   #38
mikkismama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for posting this. I am also considering the strollers now that we are considering moving out of the city. We were strictly wearing our dd because we were using public transpo, but I suspect we might get a stroller now.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:01 PM   #39
TeneikM
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicMom View Post
I've been researching double strollers too. We are going to buy the Baby Trend Deluxe Sit Ní Stand

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-2/qid=1168547954/ref=sr_1_2/601-7569732-5317701?ie=UTF8&asin=B000IHTD8A

It looks nice and it can have the infant car seat in front or a seat and in the back it can have a seat or be the regular "sit n stand" without the full seat.
I have this and I love it! My 4 yr old still uses it all the time since she has some fatigue and joint instability. I tried my 15 month old in the back and he seemed to fit fine. When we have another baby he'll get the back seat and the carseat will go in the front. The only thing I would recommend is an add-on cupholder/tray thing for you in the back. The front seat doesn't recline all the way, but my DS would never sleep in a stroller anyway, he's way to busy for that lol!