Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-14-2010, 08:22 PM   #11
tonewinwy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Mamas with boys with long hair... Or even girls for that matter!

My younger Nephew just pushes his bangs out of the way. He's had his bangs trimmed a few times but it's been almost a year since it was last done.
His hair has never been cut he's 2 1/2.

Advertisement

It's OK, next time I'll make you listen. I wish that it were in the power of all children to say that to their parents and to know that indeed they would be heard as we were in those wonderful days on Waltons Mountain.Narrator The Waltons (From the Runaway in Season 3 Eposide 4.)
tonewinwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:24 PM   #12
takingcotwins
Registered Users
Formerly: mrscowell
seller

My Mood:

Oh my gosh. I LOVE that picture, tonewinwy!

Check out my crunchy parenting, green living, IF surviving blog at Takin' Care of Twins!
takingcotwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:24 PM   #13
kalebnlillismomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We just push it out of the way. I blow dry them to the side a little bit to try and train them that way, seems to be helping
Old 04-14-2010, 08:26 PM   #14
takingcotwins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was thinking of using a tiny bit of aloe after his bath to see if that would help get it to stay to the side... It doesn't seem to really bother him, but he also doesn't seem to understand that he can move it out of his face either.

Check out my crunchy parenting, green living, IF surviving blog at Takin' Care of Twins!
Old 04-14-2010, 08:33 PM   #15
tonewinwy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscowell View Post
Oh my gosh. I LOVE that picture, tonewinwy!

Thanks. He totally loves his hair and it's so cute watching him move it out of his face. And the way it blows in the wind so freely etc.
It's OK, next time I'll make you listen. I wish that it were in the power of all children to say that to their parents and to know that indeed they would be heard as we were in those wonderful days on Waltons Mountain.Narrator The Waltons (From the Runaway in Season 3 Eposide 4.)
tonewinwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:37 PM   #16
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You can clip it back, I have actually with the little tiny flat clips. I also use a tiny bit of pomade and that will help it stay back a bit. Tharen's hair was really wild when it was growing out, just all over the place, and I never did figure out a way to control it. He just pushed it out of the way (you can see the picture in my avi of when he was 18months old). I also did a top knot, but he didn't like that. That is why he eventually asked for a hair cut, he hated his hair in his face but didn't like pony tails either. His hair is just really wild to have long, it is fine and curls so it almost always looks messy.

This is Tharen with long hair in a top knot at about 15months.

here is his 2nd b-day party. I washed his hair that morning and then put pomade in the front to hold it parted but you can see it is still pretty wild.

again at about 16 or 17 months. This is what he typically looked like. The hair in his eyes just didn't seem to bother him much.

He's about 14 months here, that is when his hair really started to get in his eyes.

Kearnan on the other hand was never bugged about hair in his eyes. He wears his hair up most of the time now because he likes how it looks. He wears pigtails, but he is old enough to make that choice for himself. Looking at these pictures makes me miss Tharen's long hair. It's been almost 2yrs since he cut it and I miss it even if it was all wild and out of control. Now he wears his hair just like dh's, very typical little boy super short cut. He has mentioned letting it grow out again but always decides against it in the end.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:14 PM   #17
Sakari
Registered Users

I agree with all of the above you can clip it, use gel (make some yourself with water and flax seeds if you want! then you're not putting chemicals or preservatives on your baby), clip it only til it's dry, etc. Long hair is so cute!

I sell Baltic Amber jewelry!
Sakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:17 AM   #18
takingcotwins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah. I would never put actual gel in his hair, but I have several friends who use pure aloe and swear by it. Though, my DH has used it on occasion and thinks that his hair feels sticky at the end of the day though.

I can't imagine using flax seeds though; they are crazy ridiculous to wash off of even just glass when they dry. Have you used this yourself?

Old 04-15-2010, 10:08 AM   #19
mandyhoward
Registered Users

Sometimes I would put a little spritz of hairspray or dh's pomade in it, but most often he just brushed it out of his face. On days that he'd get really annoyed with it, I'd just pin the front back with a bobby pin.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:32 PM   #20
ojessesue
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We keep my little guys shorter in the front...I'd like to try to grow out the front, too, but he won't let me do anything with it (like even comb it) so we go with a different 'do.
I think he's pretty cute--here's a few pictures for good measure!

and right after a recent haircut but it's already as long as the first pictures.

Last edited by ojessesue; 04-15-2010 at 02:37 PM.
ojessesue is offline   Reply With Quote