Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-15-2010, 09:46 PM   #1
Rainfall
Registered Users
seller

Wow, my cover went to heck!!

I have several Wonder Wrap covers and two of them are a little different than the rest. Same colors, but the material is shiny and thinner than the others. No biggie. I didn't ever notice a quality difference and we got a lot of use out of them.

So over the past week I've noticed that these two covers started shrinking a little in the butt area (gusset to gusset) and sounding crunchy. I'd lightly pull them to get a little stretch back in to fit over the diaper, but one of them just is now completely wrecked. I can feel the inside layer on one side of the diaper and not the other...so I guess it ripped in half in there - and now the cover leaks. ARG! What the heck?? Has this happened to anyone else with covers?

Can I still use them as swim diapers maybe??

Advertisement

Earning FREE Amazon.com gift cards using Swagbucks!
Rainfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:07 AM   #2
Rainfall
Registered Users
seller

Re: Wow, my cover went to heck!!

anyone?

Old 04-16-2010, 10:17 AM   #3
tripmomplus1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got three WW in a trade, and two of them where crunchy like you described and within a wash or two I saw that they where bubbling and the two layers of fabric had seperated and they leaked everywhere. Needless to say I would probably never BUY them because I have heard others complain of the same thing.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:31 AM   #4
KristieMcNealy
Registered Users

My Mood:

That happened to me with a Wonder Wrap too. Pulled it out of the laundry and it was all bunched up. When I tried to straighten it out, I realized the inner layer was all bunched to one side. So annoying.

Blogging about women's and children's health at http://www.kristiemcnealy.com
KristieMcNealy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 04:51 PM   #5
Rainfall
Registered Users
seller

Wow, I'd never heard of these issues and I'm glad only two of our are like that. The others we have seem to be made out of a different material and are really solid.

Do you think I can use these two covers as swim diapers? We need two of them and we just happen to have two wrecked covers...would it work? They don't have to be leak-proof, right? Just be able to contain poo?

Old 04-16-2010, 05:15 PM   #6
KristieMcNealy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yep. They'd probably work just fine.

Blogging about women's and children's health at http://www.kristiemcnealy.com
KristieMcNealy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 05:22 PM   #7
Rainfall
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristieMcNealy View Post
Yep. They'd probably work just fine.
Ok, great. Well, I guess that takes care of the swim diaper hunt. Off to find two replacement covers...ugh.

Old 04-16-2010, 08:48 PM   #8
QHoneyB
Registered Users
seller

I'd send an e-mail to The Natural Baby Co. They might not be able to help you if the covers are past the warranty period, but at least you can find out if they did indeed change the fabric they make them from. I'd like to know if it's the newer or older ones that are strange and "crunchy"
QHoneyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:50 PM   #9
love2bmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yes!! I started out with 10 Wonder Wraps and am down to 4 now because of the same thing you described. Very irritating since I really loved the fit and that they never leaked until now.

I hadn't thought of using them as swim diapers! Maybe I should go fish the ruined ones out of the trash....I just threw them out a few days ago.
love2bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:27 PM   #10
Rainfall
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by QHoneyB View Post
I'd send an e-mail to The Natural Baby Co. They might not be able to help you if the covers are past the warranty period, but at least you can find out if they did indeed change the fabric they make them from. I'd like to know if it's the newer or older ones that are strange and "crunchy"
Hmm, do you think that I could still email them about it even though I bought them FSOT? I'm guessing no. I could ask about the material though. The others we have are made differently and don't look to ever wear out like these - they're just thicker and don't have the weird inner layer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2bmommy View Post
Yes!! I started out with 10 Wonder Wraps and am down to 4 now because of the same thing you described. Very irritating since I really loved the fit and that they never leaked until now.

I hadn't thought of using them as swim diapers! Maybe I should go fish the ruined ones out of the trash....I just threw them out a few days ago.
Well, I'm reassured to know I'm not the only one this has happened to then! I love them, too! They fit awesome on both my LOs and the velcro is super. I'm really bummed out and I'm still using the one that hasn't "broken" inside still. I'm going to run that sucker into the ground.