Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-16-2010, 11:43 AM   #21
NorahsMom
Registered Users
seller

Re: If you think your decision to not vaccinate only affects you and your child...

I'm not going to weigh in on the vaxing debate because the whole thing makes me tired (I'm a delayed/selective vaxer, for the record), but I think you are all being bullies. Some of the comments on this thread look like they could have been written by snotty high school girls.

Advertisement

Old 04-16-2010, 11:43 AM   #22
mamaktee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you think your decision to not vaccinate only affects you and your child...

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3w2cl0th View Post
ehhh....Im at work so I can't watch this...but...Really? Look...I understand where your coming from, I vax'd my kids on the schedule set by the dr...BUT....everyone is entitled to do what they want with their children in this regard...being new, you shouldn't assume what ppl here do and don't know or have researched...I have seen some pretty compelling research some of these mamas have done on this subject and I can tell you, they are VERY well informed...and just like you may chose to let your child have sugar snacks because studies show its ok in moderation, many mamas chose not to let their children have ANY sugar snacks....because there are studies that show it leads to obesity and diabetes etc etc....(just an example)

You should really gauge your audience first....and try a nicer toned approach...good luck making friends!
I do VAX my LO and I am still offended at how you approached the forum with your opinions...it will def. be hard for you here...IMO
Old 04-16-2010, 11:44 AM   #23
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I really don't get why those so against not vaxxing get their panties in a bunch. If you believe so strongly about vaccinations and have so much faith in them then those who aren't vaccinated should pose no risk to you.

While I do let my son get the majority of vaccines, I spread them out. If I didn't do this he would be getting 6 shots at one time! That is absurd! Under my rules and schedule he does not get more than 2 vaccines at one time. He will not be getting the Chicken Pox or Flu shots. I was going to skip the Hep B vaccine but our pedi randomly ganged up on me about that one in particular and DF took her side so I lost on that one. Next child will be a different story, trust me. DS also won't be getting the MMR until he's at least 3 years old, if I choose to allow him to get it at all.

I couldn't even imagine the damage I'd be doing if I allowed him to get everything "on schedule". He already gets tired and cranky from the 1 or 2 vaccines he gets at a time- lord knows what SIX would do to him. I just cannot fathom injected my child with huge amounts of Aluminum, Formaldehyde, Monkey Kidney Cells, and so many other disgusting things. I'm still not sure not vaccinating at all is the answer, but I def. think people need to be more responsible about how they vaccinate.

I believe one thing, other mamas believe another thing, and you believe yet another thing. That is our right to make our own decisions. So make yours and leave ours alone. No need to attack. sheesh.

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
Old 04-16-2010, 11:46 AM   #24
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iris0110 View Post
ITA

OP, you came in spouting inflammatory rhetoric in one of your first posts and you didn't expect people to react? Vaccinations are a very hot topic. As with every hot topic there are multiple sides and believe it or not there isn't necessarily one side that is correct. You think you are right, great for you, and you can do what you think is right for your child. You however can't march in here with a single video and a high and mighty attitude and expect to change everyone's mind. This is no different than a debate about abortion, religion, politics or taxes, not everyone is going to agree and that attitude of yours is not going to win you any supporters.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:46 AM   #25
n3w2cl0th
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by staciestarsage View Post
haha, i never saw that...was there a reason for her no baby wearing? she doesn't like to pick up her child, or what?
You know...I dont think she ever responded...she had this anti babywearing siggy and someone started a post about it...like how could you be anti babywearing? and it went on for like hundreds of posts...I never got to read the whole thing...but she was preggers with her first...soon after the thread started she changed her siggy....but this made me think of it...you havent even had your baby yet....wait, and then see how you feel...and sure as heck dont come to an online community of APing, CDing, EBFing, ERFing intactivst non vaxing crunchy mamas and tell them they're wrong!

Last edited by n3w2cl0th; 04-16-2010 at 11:47 AM. Reason: incorrect spelling
Old 04-16-2010, 11:47 AM   #26
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorahsMom View Post
I'm not going to weigh in on the vaxing debate because the whole thing makes me tired (I'm a delayed/selective vaxer, for the record), but I think you are all being bullies. Some of the comments on this thread look like they could have been written by snotty high school girls.
but I fully vaccinate on schedule and my son has never got 6 vaccines in one visit.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:48 AM   #27
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchymom2b View Post
I really don't get why those so against not vaxxing get their panties in a bunch. If you believe so strongly about vaccinations and have so much faith in them then those who aren't vaccinated should pose no risk to you.

While I do let my son get the majority of vaccines, I spread them out. If I didn't do this he would be getting 6 shots at one time! That is absurd! Under my rules and schedule he does not get more than 2 vaccines at one time. He will not be getting the Chicken Pox or Flu shots. I was going to skip the Hep B vaccine but our pedi randomly ganged up on me about that one in particular and DF took her side so I lost on that one. Next child will be a different story, trust me. DS also won't be getting the MMR until he's at least 3 years old, if I choose to allow him to get it at all.

I couldn't even imagine the damage I'd be doing if I allowed him to get everything "on schedule". He already gets tired and cranky from the 1 or 2 vaccines he gets at a time- lord knows what SIX would do to him. I just cannot fathom injected my child with huge amounts of Aluminum, Formaldehyde, Monkey Kidney Cells, and so many other disgusting things. I'm still not sure not vaccinating at all is the answer, but I def. think people need to be more responsible about how they vaccinate.

I believe one thing, other mamas believe another thing, and you believe yet another thing. That is our right to make our own decisions. So make yours and leave ours alone. No need to attack. sheesh.
The bolded part. ITA this drives me the MOST crazy about vaxing parents. IF you believe so strongly in the vaccinations HOW are your children at risk by being around MY child who has no toxins or chemicals shooting through their blood streams?
Old 04-16-2010, 11:49 AM   #28
isaacsmum
Registered Users

As much as I enjoy Michael Specter (his book Denialism is awesome), I really don't think the tone or topic will be well-received in this forum. I'm all for vaccination and getting accurate science out there, but I think you'll find you often need to pick your battles. I'm a research scientist as well (chemistry) so I know where you're coming from. But before you jump right in, realize that most of the people who choose not to vaccinate put a lot of time and consideration into that decision. They're already familiar with PubMed. Now, I personally don't think that makes the decision not to vaccinate or their reading of the literature any more scientifically accurate, but at least respect that their decisions likely were not taken lightly. I've done the debating on vaccines on other message boards, but I don't get aggressive on the topic in here because I rarely see aggressively anti-vaccine posts here. I think the discussions here are often a bit lighter. Don't be afraid to confidently share your views, but there are ways to present yourself that may make people more receptive to your message. This wasn't the way to do it.

Last edited by isaacsmum; 04-16-2010 at 12:03 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:50 AM   #29
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post
but I fully vaccinate on schedule and my son has never got 6 vaccines in one visit.
so none of the shots were mixed? Just bc they didnt stick him 6 times doesnt mean he wasnt vaxed against 6 different things
Old 04-16-2010, 11:54 AM   #30
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by staciestarsage View Post
haha, i never saw that...was there a reason for her no baby wearing? I suppose that you can not wear a child you don't have???
Something about working at daycares & thinking it's better for kids to be having tummy time & exploring.

I've seen the charts & stats the CDC provides, like how the disease incidence went way, way down--from increased knowledge & sanitation. Like in one chart, the vaccine came in at the very end of the disease eradication timeline and the number *kept* going down--but it made the big drop well before the vaccine entered the picture.
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
Closed Thread