Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-16-2010, 11:54 AM   #31
autumnstar
Registered Users
Formerly: staciestarsage
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you think your decision to not vaccinate only affects you and your child...

I was planning on starting vacc's with my youngest LO's when they became 2, and spreading them out like one every 6 monthes, but now it's time, and i can't do it...i'm scared...

Advertisement

Old 04-16-2010, 11:55 AM   #32
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you think your decision to not vaccinate only affects you and your child...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mOmof3 View Post
so none of the shots were mixed? Just bc they didnt stick him 6 times doesnt mean he wasnt vaxed against 6 different things
Yup--like MMR=measles (1), mumps (1), rubella (1). 3 in 1.
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
Old 04-16-2010, 11:57 AM   #33
n3w2cl0th
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
so none of the shots were mixed? Just bc they didnt stick him 6 times doesnt mean he wasnt vaxed against 6 different things
thats what I was thinking....my LOs have gotten a MAX of 4 injections in one visit, but I think they mixed some....
Old 04-16-2010, 11:58 AM   #34
autumnstar
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragondance View Post
Something about working at daycares & thinking it's better for kids to be having tummy time & exploring.
Ahhh...I see...I mostly do both...baby wearing and tummy time and exploring...whatever she feels like, ya know? Plus i have arthritis in my shoulder and back, i just can't baby wear all the time...But i do the best i can, so i see both sides of that!
Old 04-16-2010, 12:00 PM   #35
Ellasundies
Registered Users

While I'm not a "biologist" I have a Bachelors of Science in Biology from a well known school with extra credits towards my teaching certificates in General Science and High School Biology. So I'm not exactly in the dark when it comes to the scientific community either.

I DO believe in science which is why I have chosen to NOT vaccinate my kids for all the vaccines the CDC recommends.

I do see the benefits to vaccines but I'm also aware of their downfalls and places where they have not been researched thoroughly. This is why I pick and choose the vax's to give. Here's just one example of the point I'm trying to make.... My major concern is heavy metals in vaccines. I realize that thiermosal is only given in a very few vaccines but aluminum can still be readily found in most vaccines. I do realize that aluminum can be found in breastmilk and water and so on but it is in infinitely smaller amounts compared to the amount that is injected into babies. I also realize that we KNOW aluminum is a neurological toxin and yet it is allowed in vaccines and HAS NEVER BEEN TESTED IN VACCINES. It HAS been tested in sick people (premies and kidney patients) in IV's and found to be harmful in much much lower levels then what we find in vaccines that we routinely give to newborns. It HAS also been found to be harmful in animal studies as well. So why is this compound that has only ever been found to be harmful allowed in vaccines? Sorry but I don't want my child to be a guinea pig.

The govt. also has no idea what the real rates of serious side effects are because how many doctors don't report them or won't even admit that the problem could be related to the vaccine? Stay on here long enough and you will hear some of those stories.

The man in the video said....
"Be skeptical, ask questions, demand proof, demand evidence, don't take anything for granted." This is what I and many other non-vax'ers are doing and yet the scientific community CAN'T give us proof because the research has yet to be done.

I think it's interesting that this man is at least implying that non-vax'ers are unintelligent and are simply jumping on a bandwagon of fear. However I know very very very few non-vax'ers who aren't vax'ing for "just because" type reasons, or simply out of fear (because lets face it NOT vaccinating is scary too). Most non-vax'ers are incredibly well educated on the subject, light years ahead of most vax'ers actually. And interestingly enough research shows that the higher your level of education the more likely you are to not vaccinate. Just some food for thought.

I suggest if you really want to educate yourself, even if it's only to understand the "other side" then you should stay on here and read the different reasons why people choose to not vaccinate. Then given their reasons go off and do some research of your own. I used to be 100% pro-vaccine until I did the same and I was shocked to see all the holes in the research.

The bottom line is that I trust science when GOOD science is being practiced but when the govt. gets involved, people are making money and scientists get all high and mighty good science simply doesn't happen.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:01 PM   #36
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

at just 2 months they are vaxed against 7? different things. So that is a bunch of different poisions just mixed together into 1,2 or 3 injections and shot into the blood stream
2 months
  • DTaP: Diphtheria, tetanus, and acellular pertussis vaccine
  • Hib: Haemophilus influenzae type b vaccine
  • IPV: Inactivated poliovirus vaccine
  • PCV: Pneumococcal conjugate vaccine
  • Rota: Rotavirus vaccine
ETA it looks like they also do another hep b so that is what 8 shots

Last edited by momof3boys1girl; 04-16-2010 at 12:03 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:06 PM   #37
autumnstar
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorahsMom View Post
I'm not going to weigh in on the vaxing debate because the whole thing makes me tired (I'm a delayed/selective vaxer, for the record), but I think you are all being bullies. Some of the comments on this thread look like they could have been written by snotty high school girls.
It was the way it was approached in the first place...
Old 04-16-2010, 12:07 PM   #38
Nickel+3
Registered Users
Formerly: nickel+2
seller

My Mood:

Ellasundies - very well put.
#4 due in October!
Old 04-16-2010, 12:08 PM   #39
Weecycled Woolies
Registered Users
seller

Wow, I am glad I just saw this and wasn't one of the first people to reply....it wouldn't have been nice.

How absurd for you (OP) to waltz up in here and post a link just because your job title insinuates that you know something about science.

How would you feel (OP) if a non vaxer posted a thread with all of the ingredients in the vaccinations and then said all the vaxed kids are going to die or end up with Autism. It would be absurd right?

Every parent can make the choice for themselves. This should have never been posted. You as an educated adult should have known better.

BTW, next time you join a forum and want to go posted articles about heated topics and try to belittle someones parenting, I suggest you wait until you have some parenting experience. I for one can say I have done my fair share of research and have enough children to pass around.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:10 PM   #40
n3w2cl0th
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
at just 2 months they are vaxed against 7? different things. So that is a bunch of different poisions just mixed together into 1,2 or 3 injections and shot into the blood stream
2 months
  • DTaP: Diphtheria, tetanus, and acellular pertussis vaccine
  • Hib: Haemophilus influenzae type b vaccine
  • IPV: Inactivated poliovirus vaccine
  • PCV: Pneumococcal conjugate vaccine
  • Rota: Rotavirus vaccine
ETA it looks like they also do another hep b so that is what 8 shots

sounds about right....my Peds office broke it up a little more though...