Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-16-2010, 12:19 PM   #41
iKim
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you think your decision to not vaccinate only affects you and your child...

awesome, another mommy war thread

Oh, wait....it's a re-run...ugh, I've seen this one 79328753204832 times.

moving on now.....

Advertisement

Old 04-16-2010, 12:20 PM   #42
daisy0306
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you think your decision to not vaccinate only affects you and your child...

Old 04-16-2010, 12:22 PM   #43
delphinium
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellasundies View Post
While I'm not a "biologist" I have a Bachelors of Science in Biology from a well known school with extra credits towards my teaching certificates in General Science and High School Biology. So I'm not exactly in the dark when it comes to the scientific community either.

I DO believe in science which is why I have chosen to NOT vaccinate my kids for all the vaccines the CDC recommends.

I do see the benefits to vaccines but I'm also aware of their downfalls and places where they have not been researched thoroughly. This is why I pick and choose the vax's to give. Here's just one example of the point I'm trying to make.... My major concern is heavy metals in vaccines. I realize that thiermosal is only given in a very few vaccines but aluminum can still be readily found in most vaccines. I do realize that aluminum can be found in breastmilk and water and so on but it is in infinitely smaller amounts compared to the amount that is injected into babies. I also realize that we KNOW aluminum is a neurological toxin and yet it is allowed in vaccines and HAS NEVER BEEN TESTED IN VACCINES. It HAS been tested in sick people (premies and kidney patients) in IV's and found to be harmful in much much lower levels then what we find in vaccines that we routinely give to newborns. It HAS also been found to be harmful in animal studies as well. So why is this compound that has only ever been found to be harmful allowed in vaccines? Sorry but I don't want my child to be a guinea pig.

The govt. also has no idea what the real rates of serious side effects are because how many doctors don't report them or won't even admit that the problem could be related to the vaccine? Stay on here long enough and you will hear some of those stories.

The man in the video said....
"Be skeptical, ask questions, demand proof, demand evidence, don't take anything for granted." This is what I and many other non-vax'ers are doing and yet the scientific community CAN'T give us proof because the research has yet to be done.

I think it's interesting that this man is at least implying that non-vax'ers are unintelligent and are simply jumping on a bandwagon of fear. However I know very very very few non-vax'ers who aren't vax'ing for "just because" type reasons, or simply out of fear (because lets face it NOT vaccinating is scary too). Most non-vax'ers are incredibly well educated on the subject, light years ahead of most vax'ers actually. And interestingly enough research shows that the higher your level of education the more likely you are to not vaccinate. Just some food for thought.

I suggest if you really want to educate yourself, even if it's only to understand the "other side" then you should stay on here and read the different reasons why people choose to not vaccinate. Then given their reasons go off and do some research of your own. I used to be 100% pro-vaccine until I did the same and I was shocked to see all the holes in the research.

The bottom line is that I trust science when GOOD science is being practiced but when the govt. gets involved, people are making money and scientists get all high and mighty good science simply doesn't happen.
I think this is a good post. Most people I know who do not vax have read a lot about it. We partially vax and I have read a ton about it. I am also worried about the metals in the vaccines.

But, that being said, I do think that vaccines have given society a great gift, that they do benefit society. I do think they contribute to a healthier human race. I do think that there are unanswered questions about them and there are, of course, some people who have reactions to them. I had a reaction to the MMR. But I still think that if we had no vaccines we would have a rise in disease. But I also think people should be able to make their own choices and live with them. If my children get a disease because I did not have vaccinated against it, I am willing to accept that responsibility. I will accept the chance of the flu rather than vaccinate. I will not accept the chance of polio or measles so they are vaccinated. I accept the responsibility for my choices.

I believe everyone has the right to make their own choices. If someone does not want to use vaccines, that is their right. No one should tell them they are stupid or that they are contributing to health problems in their family. Everyone has the right to their own choices and they have to accept the responsibility.

And I hate guys like this Michael Specter as much as the antivaxers who call Paul Offit a terrorist.

Calling people names is not going to do anything positive. Respect goes much further.

Last edited by delphinium; 04-16-2010 at 12:27 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:31 PM   #44
mommajewels
Registered Users
seller
seller

If you believe so strongly in vaccines.. great, vaccinate your children. They are your children afterall, so its solely your decision.
Oh, and since you DO have so much faith in vaccinations.... don't be worried about my unvaccinated children posing risk to your vaccinated children... because yours are vaccinated already so they are completely safe from any disease they are vacc'd against, right!? Otherwise, why would you be getting the vaccs in the first place?

Last edited by mommajewels; 04-16-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:32 PM   #45
nakedbabytoes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorkiegirl View Post
Wow, I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the hostility...but wow.

I noticed that there are a lot of "non-vaxing" supporters on this site and while I am normally a live and let live kind of person, this tolerance ends when a widespread frenzy based on non-scientific anecdotes threatens to shift the demography of the planet and undo decades of progress. I don't mean to be didactic, and you can take it or leave it as you wish, but I consider it part of my role as a biologist and a (soon-to-be) parent to inform where I can.

nakedbabytoes - read it again, I never said that you are single-handedly initiating the apocalypse. If I thought that these trends only affected very isolated communities and do not have the tendency to grow, I would not be concerned. But that's naive, especially with the advent of the WWW. Misinformation spreads faster than tuberculosis out here! No pun intended
Funny, it still reads the same to me. Hostility & blame.
I don't take it personally though. That would mean that I actually care what you think, which I don't.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:34 PM   #46
Weecycled Woolies
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKim View Post

moving on now.....
Old 04-16-2010, 12:36 PM   #47
autumnstar
Registered Users
Formerly: staciestarsage
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKim View Post

moving on now.....
so funny...
Old 04-16-2010, 12:37 PM   #48
n3w2cl0th
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weecycled Woolies View Post
I WAS JUST going to post that! but since you beat me!
Old 04-16-2010, 12:44 PM   #49
descrstn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

wouldn't non vax people only be a threat to other non-vax people?

Or are you suggesting that the dieases will mutate in the non vaxed and be a threat all over again to those who decided to vax?

Just wondering
Old 04-16-2010, 12:49 PM   #50
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by descrstn View Post
wouldn't non vax people only be a threat to other non-vax people?

Or are you suggesting that the dieases will mutate in the non vaxed and be a threat all over again to those who decided to vax?

Just wondering
I would think that with all the "ingrediants" in the vaxs they are creating "super bugs" and the dieses is no where close to being the real thingLike ckn pox shot. When you get pox from or after the shot is it even REALLY ckn pox? A friend of mine dd got it from the vax and it was NOTHING like the natural case my son got.

Scary to think about really
Closed Thread