Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-16-2010, 01:01 PM   #51
bethsflutterby
Just a sinner saved by grace.
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you think your decision to not vaccinate only affects you and your child...

Advertisement

David(11)Lolly(9)Maddy(7 on 8/25!)Yuyi(5.6) & Ana(4)

Old 04-16-2010, 01:06 PM   #52
vjbakke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you think your decision to not vaccinate only affects you and your child...

wow this is very interesting thread. I did watch the video. I did my research and I have my reasons for not vaxing my children.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:13 PM   #53
THBVsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellasundies View Post
While I'm not a "biologist" I have a Bachelors of Science in Biology from a well known school with extra credits towards my teaching certificates in General Science and High School Biology. So I'm not exactly in the dark when it comes to the scientific community either.

I DO believe in science which is why I have chosen to NOT vaccinate my kids for all the vaccines the CDC recommends.

I do see the benefits to vaccines but I'm also aware of their downfalls and places where they have not been researched thoroughly. This is why I pick and choose the vax's to give. Here's just one example of the point I'm trying to make.... My major concern is heavy metals in vaccines. I realize that thiermosal is only given in a very few vaccines but aluminum can still be readily found in most vaccines. I do realize that aluminum can be found in breastmilk and water and so on but it is in infinitely smaller amounts compared to the amount that is injected into babies. I also realize that we KNOW aluminum is a neurological toxin and yet it is allowed in vaccines and HAS NEVER BEEN TESTED IN VACCINES. It HAS been tested in sick people (premies and kidney patients) in IV's and found to be harmful in much much lower levels then what we find in vaccines that we routinely give to newborns. It HAS also been found to be harmful in animal studies as well. So why is this compound that has only ever been found to be harmful allowed in vaccines? Sorry but I don't want my child to be a guinea pig.

The govt. also has no idea what the real rates of serious side effects are because how many doctors don't report them or won't even admit that the problem could be related to the vaccine? Stay on here long enough and you will hear some of those stories.

The man in the video said....
"Be skeptical, ask questions, demand proof, demand evidence, don't take anything for granted." This is what I and many other non-vax'ers are doing and yet the scientific community CAN'T give us proof because the research has yet to be done.

I think it's interesting that this man is at least implying that non-vax'ers are unintelligent and are simply jumping on a bandwagon of fear. However I know very very very few non-vax'ers who aren't vax'ing for "just because" type reasons, or simply out of fear (because lets face it NOT vaccinating is scary too). Most non-vax'ers are incredibly well educated on the subject, light years ahead of most vax'ers actually. And interestingly enough research shows that the higher your level of education the more likely you are to not vaccinate. Just some food for thought.

I suggest if you really want to educate yourself, even if it's only to understand the "other side" then you should stay on here and read the different reasons why people choose to not vaccinate. Then given their reasons go off and do some research of your own. I used to be 100% pro-vaccine until I did the same and I was shocked to see all the holes in the research.

The bottom line is that I trust science when GOOD science is being practiced but when the govt. gets involved, people are making money and scientists get all high and mighty good science simply doesn't happen.
Yes, this

We do not vaccinate, but that doesn't automatically mean I'm anti-immunizations. I've done hours upon hours, which could easily equate into days upon days, worth of research on BOTH sides of the debate. I vaccinated my son fully up until he was 9 months old and up until that point I had been researching on the 'pro' side of the vaccine debate. But one research led to another and I found myself upon a reputable anti-vaccine website and it was all an awakening to me from there.

Do I think vaccines work? Some of them, absolutely. & if any of my children were immuno-compromised, had a severe respiratory disease, or any other factor that made them more susceptible to contracting a VPD without a good outlook for a fully recovery, then I would vaccinate in a instant. However, my children are completely healthy and I have 100% confidence in their ability to fight off any VPD with no severe effects, thus requiring a full immunity.. a complete immunity that isn't possible with vaccine/booster protection.

ETA: Of course I will not know ahead of time how my child would handle a VPD, but I deeply believe that the risks of adverse reactions via immunizations pose a greater risk to my children than coming down with a disease and fighting it off themselves.

Last edited by THBVsMama; 04-16-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:17 PM   #54
flutterbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: stephanie23
seller

Last edited by flutterbabies; 04-16-2010 at 01:24 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:27 PM   #55
TofuScramble
Registered Users
Formerly: DesertMomma

My Mood:

Wow.
This future-Mama has every right to post a topic about whatever she like that is relevant to the board. This is a relevant topic and although she may think differently than most on this forum, I hope we can all have the respect to agree to disagree.
We are forgetting to realize that this is her CONCERN. Just as non-vaxxers have concerns about vaccines, she has a concern about those who do not vaccinate. She is sharing her concern for those who may be on the fence about vaccines.

If this is how newbies are treated on this board... there won't be anymore newbs and 20 years from now this board will be full of grannies talking about the good ol' days when their babies were in cloth diapers lol

I understand some were maybe offended by the OP... but that is their problem, not hers. Take the high road and just state your piece with out getting all drama-ball on her (as some respectfully have). No need to say things like good luck making friends or talk of just wait till you fill your baby with chemicals

Ok, Welcome to the board shorkiegirl!
Old 04-16-2010, 01:34 PM   #56
avasmom3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertMomma View Post
Wow.
This future-Mama has every right to post a topic about whatever she like that is relevant to the board. This is a relevant topic and although she may think differently than most on this forum, I hope we can all have the respect to agree to disagree.
We are forgetting to realize that this is her CONCERN. Just as non-vaxxers have concerns about vaccines, she has a concern about those who do not vaccinate. She is sharing her concern for those who may be on the fence about vaccines.

If this is how newbies are treated on this board... there won't be anymore newbs and 20 years from now this board will be full of grannies talking about the good ol' days when their babies were in cloth diapers lol

I understand some were maybe offended by the OP... but that is their problem, not hers. Take the high road and just state your piece with out getting all drama-ball on her (as some respectfully have). No need to say things like good luck making friends or talk of just wait till you fill your baby with chemicals

Old 04-16-2010, 01:42 PM   #57
babygirlsmom1005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedbabytoes View Post
I am undoing decades of human advancement?
You give me wayyyy to much credit.

And here I thought nuclear plants, coal burning mega business, and chemical pollutants were to blame. Silly me. My choice not to vax my boys against chicken pox will ruin the world!

Somebody slap some sense into me before I accidentially do more worldwide damage!
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthmamatobe View Post

I just LOVE newbies running in here and screaming "you are gonna kill us all with your crazy non-vaxed kids"
This is why I love you mama's
Marcie wife to Mike mom to Madeline 10/2005 , Marshall 4/2009 and surprise #3 due 9/2011
Old 04-16-2010, 01:45 PM   #58
autumnstar
Registered Users
Formerly: staciestarsage
seller

My Mood:

I am only speaking for myself, as i was mentioned in your post desertmomma, this mama does have the right to post whatever she wants. The problem lied, I believe in her wording...i mean look at the title...If you think your decision to not vaccinate only affects you and your child... If this was gone about in a more kindly manner this wouldn't have gotten out of control. She also said we can't think for ourselves bc we don't agree with her. It wasn't a tra la la i just want to post my opinion...it was this is my opinion, and if you don't agree, you are wrong...

Last edited by autumnstar; 04-16-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:45 PM   #59
n3w2cl0th
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertMomma View Post
Wow.

Yes...everyone is entitled to their opinion...I think the problem here was her tone and the way she chose to come at this topic....not so much with her view point....personally I vax and I do agree with some of what she said, but I was put off with her "holier than thou, know it all" attitude...like "Im a Biologist, so Im smarter than you, LISTEN TO ME, DO WHAT I DO"....her post was rude and uncalled for..and she got what she gave....

I did the EXACT same thing when I was new here....I posted some of my beliefs in a confrontational manner (and got reprimanded by Mods for it) and this is the reaction I got as well...and I learned not to approach ppl that way...especially when the majority leans the other way....

When you come at ppl with a catty attitude and tell them they're wrong and YOUR right... this is what happens...

And...this is NOT how newbies are treated on this board...this is how rude and obnoxious ppl are treated on this board (myself included)
Old 04-16-2010, 01:49 PM   #60
autumnstar
Registered Users
Formerly: staciestarsage
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3w2cl0th View Post
Yes...everyone is entitled to their opinion...I think the problem here was her tone and the way she chose to come at this topic....not so much with her view point....personally I vax and I do agree with some of what she said, but I was put off with her "holier than thou, know it all" attitude...like "Im a Biologist, so Im smarter than you, LISTEN TO ME, DO WHAT I DO"....her post was rude and uncalled for..and she got what she gave....

I did the EXACT same thing when I was new here....I posted some of my beliefs in a confrontational manner (and got reprimanded by Mods for it) and this is the reaction I got as well...and I learned not to approach ppl that way...especially when the majority leans the other way....

When you come at ppl with a catty attitude and tell them they're wrong and YOUR right... this is what happens...

And...this is NOT how newbies are treated on this board...this is how rude and obnoxious ppl are treated on this board (myself included)