Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-17-2010, 02:37 PM   #11
rdossmann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you ever buy new?

I usually buy new b/c I try and find a diaper made by a WAHM. I like to support them. But when I do buy other dipes and supplies I go to many of the stores already listed....

sewcraftybaby
MMB
Niki's Diapers
diapers.com
franklin goose

The list could go on and on....

Advertisement

Old 04-17-2010, 02:47 PM   #12
browneyedgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love nicki's diapers and GMD for prefolds. I've also ordered from cottonbabies and kelly's closet and have had great experiences with all of them!
browneyedgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:00 PM   #13
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I bought my origonal stash new. Because I had a 2 1/2 yr old in diapers and 3 month old in diapers. I knew that the larger ones would go through at least 2 kiddos. And now I'm on baby number three, when he grows into them.

The newborn diapers, I got some on FSOT and I got some in a FFS Lotto. I didn't want to buy new because I knew he wouldn't be in them long and didn't want to spend as much money.

Now that I'm getting ready to size up from the newborn PFs, I'll buy new, because he'll be in them longer, and buying used PFs just isn't worth it because frequently they are the same price as what I can get new.

My favorite place to buy new diapers is www.clothdiapersuperstore.com (aka Leslie's Boutique). She was VERY helpful to me when I was a confused newbie trying to build my stash. I was on the phone with her probably a dozen times in the two weeks prior to when I ordered, and on PMs through here. Then when what I THOUGHT I would love was NOT a good fit for my boys, the exchange was no hassle (I hadn't washed them yet, just tried one on them).

She had a good selection then (2 years ago), and has even MORE in her selection now. She has free shipping for DS mamas (Code: DSFS), and is great to work with.

So short reason I buy from her.... Great selection, awesome customer service, and free shipping.

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:04 PM   #14
Preggo
Registered Users

My Mood:

I only buy new too. I'd just rather not have the detergent build-up and smell issues that I've heard about. Plus I am a little creeped out by it to be honest. I'm glad that DS exists for moms that can't afford to buy new though

ETA my fave place to buy from in Canada is www.caterpillarbaby.com (they have 4.99 flat rate shipping which is nice)
Preggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:17 PM   #15
todzwife
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Stephanie from Abbyslane.com is WONDERFUL to deal with. Free shipping as well.
Momsmilkboutique.com is awesome- free shipping

Sewcraftybaby is great too!

And I love Franklin Goose, but they are out of stock because of their promo.
todzwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:20 PM   #16
todzwife
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M View Post
I bought my origonal stash new. Because I had a 2 1/2 yr old in diapers and 3 month old in diapers. I knew that the larger ones would go through at least 2 kiddos. And now I'm on baby number three, when he grows into them.

The newborn diapers, I got some on FSOT and I got some in a FFS Lotto. I didn't want to buy new because I knew he wouldn't be in them long and didn't want to spend as much money.

Now that I'm getting ready to size up from the newborn PFs, I'll buy new, because he'll be in them longer, and buying used PFs just isn't worth it because frequently they are the same price as what I can get new.

My favorite place to buy new diapers is www.clothdiapersuperstore.com (aka Leslie's Boutique). She was VERY helpful to me when I was a confused newbie trying to build my stash. I was on the phone with her probably a dozen times in the two weeks prior to when I ordered, and on PMs through here. Then when what I THOUGHT I would love was NOT a good fit for my boys, the exchange was no hassle (I hadn't washed them yet, just tried one on them).

She had a good selection then (2 years ago), and has even MORE in her selection now. She has free shipping for DS mamas (Code: DSFS), and is great to work with.

So short reason I buy from her.... Great selection, awesome customer service, and free shipping.

God bless!
awesome about the free shipping! I LOVE her! I've purchased from her for years as well
todzwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:23 PM   #17
ExuberantDaffodil
Registered Users
seller

I almost always buy new. I have done some buying used fsot and I do enjoy some trading, but quite honestly, if a new diaper is only going to be a buck or two more, or in the case of some fsot stalking this morning, .36 cents more, then for goodness sakes it is just worth it to me to have a new diaper. I'm huge for a good bargain price, but I shop at sewcraftybaby and love her prices and free shipping. I've been too disappointed with the condition of used diapers to justify very little savings.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:41 PM   #18
Lindsz
Registered Users

I just bought my first stash from GMD and really am happy so far....not too much experience from me though.
Lindsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:52 PM   #19
februarymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExuberantDaffodil View Post
I almost always buy new. I have done some buying used fsot and I do enjoy some trading, but quite honestly, if a new diaper is only going to be a buck or two more, or in the case of some fsot stalking this morning, .36 cents more, then for goodness sakes it is just worth it to me to have a new diaper. I'm huge for a good bargain price, but I shop at sewcraftybaby and love her prices and free shipping. I've been too disappointed with the condition of used diapers to justify very little savings.

I like Pittsburgh Cloth Diapers - I think it's called Happy Baby Company now, Nicki's Diapers, Mothering Grace, Cotton Babies, Diaperco.com is where I got my very first starter stash of prefolds and covers. I don't think I've ever really had a bad experience with any store I've bought from.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:54 PM   #20
Maverick's Mama
Registered Users

I've only bought a couple used and we own about 50 one-size dipes. I've bought new from Mama Marsh's (highly recommend her dipes they are the best) and for everything else I bought from abbyslane.com because I love the lady who runs it (she's super nice) and always free shipping on every order!
Maverick's Mama is offline   Reply With Quote