Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-17-2010, 05:31 PM   #11
jessnye
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I was asked "Are you sure you don't want to throw that diaper away?

I feel really lucky because 2 of the 5 pediatricians in my kids' office cd'd their babies. One of them even gave me tips on how to get rid of yeasties from my prefolds!

Advertisement

jessnye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 06:57 PM   #12
klc92201
Registered Users
seller

We had a drop in daycare throw away one of my DD diapers and then deny it. I told them they either threw it out or they didn't change her the whole time because there was not anything in her wetbag. They said they would pay me back but they didn't. I haven't gone back there either.

Now I tell everyone please don't throw her diapers away. I would think it would be an easy thing to remember.

My parents don't care much for the CD's either. My Dad said that when we were born that even though you could only by Pampers and they sucked when compared to today's sposies, you still used them because if you didn't they thought you were poor and couldn't afford the new thing. At least they don't say anything anymore after 2 years of CDing, they realise this is the way it is. I do take Nature baby care over when she will be spending the night etc because I just respect that she doesn't want to deal with them and the fact that she feels like she has to wash the poopies when they happen and uses Gain, fabric softener and a bounce bar in her dryer. That is the only diaper I have thrown out after hours of stripping and it still leaked. LOL!!
klc92201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:54 PM   #13
divabeadz
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: In a turn of the century farmhouse with my 2 favorite people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringbean02 View Post
i dont think anyone that doesnt CD realizes how much the nicer end CD diapers cost this isnt really funny, but when i first started CD DS i left him with my parents so i could go out to dinner and a movie with DH, when i came back they had thrown away all of the CD i left for him (all fuzzibunz) because he ended up having runnys and they thought it was too gross! they said that they would pay me back for them but i just told them to forget about it, i was so mad...they arent really gung ho on the whole CD thing. now i just put him in sposies when he goes over there but i just ordered some more pockets and a couple AIOs so hopefully those are grandparent friendly next time they watch him
I would have taken her up on the offer to pay for the ones she'd thrown out (gulp) I bet she'd have been surprised at just how much they cost -- she'd realize you don't cd b/c you're too poor for sposies! And she sure as heck would be sure not to throw out any more of them!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M View Post
Well, that night, he had a HUGE blow out of his SBish (thank goodness for Thirsties covers!!!).
Blasphemous!!! Throw out a poopy sbish???? That is just crazy talk!
Old 04-17-2010, 08:57 PM   #14
november
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

ROFL! How funny. I'm sure she was just trying to do you a "favor" -- lol.

That's the type of stuff my sister would probably seriously do. I've almost got her convinced to CD but she's not fully on board and I can just see her tossing an exceptionally icky diaper, lol.

november is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:04 PM   #15
OKKiddo
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltlmrs View Post
yeah, I've gotten used to the whole 'you cloth diaper because you're poor,' attitude from family. While we are not in a stable financial situation and I love how much money CDing is saving us, if I didn't care about the chemicals I would totally make money in the budget for cheap sposies.

I have learned to just give up and let the grandparents use sposies if they buy them themselves. I'll even accept the packs they buy for us and use them when I send Ladybug to either of their houses. It took all my will power to not be ungracious when MIL found out I used mama cloth and bought me those huge maxi pads to use when we were visiting them.
I use a Diva cup because I could never stand stuff against my skin. I've converted both my sisters and my older sister's teenage daughter.
Nancy, CD'ing, Delayed Vax'ing, Co-Sleeping, BW'ing, AP'ing, Beginning Knitter, Wife to my soul mate and best friend,Tim since 10-18-2001, Mom to Bryan (12-14-06) Brennan (06-02-08), and with #3 due 04-28-11!
OKKiddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:07 PM   #16
OKKiddo
Registered Users

I haven't tossed any cloth diapers ever. I have a couple Fuzzi Bunz that have weak snaps that I use for swim diapers, but they're still useful, so I won't throw them out.
Nancy, CD'ing, Delayed Vax'ing, Co-Sleeping, BW'ing, AP'ing, Beginning Knitter, Wife to my soul mate and best friend,Tim since 10-18-2001, Mom to Bryan (12-14-06) Brennan (06-02-08), and with #3 due 04-28-11!
OKKiddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:11 PM   #17
ChocolateMoose
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringbean02 View Post
i dont think anyone that doesnt CD realizes how much the nicer end CD diapers cost this isnt really funny, but when i first started CD DS i left him with my parents so i could go out to dinner and a movie with DH, when i came back they had thrown away all of the CD i left for him (all fuzzibunz) because he ended up having runnys and they thought it was too gross! they said that they would pay me back for them but i just told them to forget about it, i was so mad...they arent really gung ho on the whole CD thing. now i just put him in sposies when he goes over there but i just ordered some more pockets and a couple AIOs so hopefully those are grandparent friendly next time they watch him

A sweet old lady in our church nursery threw one of mine out by mistake and when she found out she offered to replace it. Her jaw literally fell open when I told her it was a $20 diaper!

I think she thought I was scamming her!
Old 04-17-2010, 10:28 PM   #18
MeliMami0509
Banned for multiple accounts

My Mood:

LOL,I have had people say that they have no idea how I can like CDs over sposies. To me its not a big deal but people think its about money here too. I have several people tell me if I need help financially to pay for diapers!
MeliMami0509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 12:10 AM   #19
mambera
Registered Users
seller

I threw out a diaper once bc my DH put zinc oxide butt cream on it and I knew I would be afraid ever to wash it with my other dipes in case it made my whole stash repel.

Luckily we use AI2s so it was just the insert and they only cost $5.
mambera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 12:46 AM   #20
Kaboom
Registered Users
Formerly: ErinMartin
seller

My Mood:

I have never, and will never, throw away a diaper, LOL I've given some old stained, hole ridden PFs to dh to dry the car though :-P No diaper is too dirty for me - that's what the sprayer is for, and the extra rinse cycle on the washing machine, heehee!

I don't know WHAT I'd do if someone threw away my cloth... they'd DEFINITELY have to write me a check, LOL

I don't understand why anyone would even THINK to throw away cloth though? Do you clean someone else's kitchen with a cloth dishrag then toss it? No. So why would you think to throw away cloth just because it has poo in it?! People are strange. LOL

Kaboom Pocket Pants Pattern!
Use code 'DSMAMA10' at checkout for 10% off!
Kaboom is offline   Reply With Quote