Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-18-2010, 01:24 AM   #21
Nightowl Jan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I was asked "Are you sure you don't want to throw that diaper away?

omg about that nurse! i would have had a mini heart spasm at the thought of someone wanting to throw my cd's away! people are tooooo funnny...

Advertisement

Old 04-18-2010, 08:36 AM   #22
cheezpoofs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Haha! I've considered throwing away some of my diapers due to ridiculously bad poops, but I figure I'd regret it and I just spent however long getting the poops off of it.

I have thrown away one diaper. I had a Mudpies fitted that we wore out to the end of its usefulness. It was more holey than intact and the elastics were shot and it was just time for that diaper to go to the great trashcan in the sky. I have two other Mudpies that are on their way (holey and shot elastic, but can still be used for a little while) and a few Kushies All-In-Ones that are on their last legs too. I will just use them to the end of their lives and not feel guilty to throw them in the trash when it's time. I bought them all used and cheap and have gotten a lot of wear out of them. I just get a "new" diaper to replace them.
Veann - Libertarian, atheist, bookworm, heavy metal Mommy to all boys: Lucius (2-13-09), Orion (4-22-11), and Castiel (3-4-13), wife to Matthew - Anti-circumcision, babywearing, somewhat AP, natural birthing/ homebirthing, don't care about being "green", doing things my own way...
cheezpoofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:40 PM   #23
m2veleck
Registered Users
seller

I have gotten several diapers off FSOT that were FFS - and I love each and every one of them!! I also bought several BG fitted with elastic completely shot that fit my LO perfectly and they're squishy soft!! I truly love each and every one of my diapers (well, maybe except BG pockets - they just don't fit my LO right now, I'm holding on to them to try in the future).... and now that I have sunned my stains out I would definitely think twice about throwing anything away. I love CDing !!!
Old 04-18-2010, 09:07 PM   #24
candicebishop
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M View Post
LOL

I just knew that you other CDing mamas would get it. It's kinda funny to me now.

God bless!
Haha! I laughed out loud on this one. Yep, I totally get it. I could completely see other non-CDing people around me saying the same thing. And even my DH at times too!
Old 04-18-2010, 09:16 PM   #25
emy_lou
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think thats so funny! People that dont CD just really dont understand. Its really not all that bad to clean up, we are use to it to. Not only that, but if you only use cloth on 1 child, its really MORE expensive than sposies! I hate that people say stuff like that, "we use cloth cuz we cant afford sposies" The way I buy cloth, if I didnt buy cloth and only bought sposies, I could buy what I needed for my child, and another child! I would have made my MIL pay me for the diapers or go digging, haha. but that never seemed to be an issue for me. My MIL dont really understand everything about the cloth, When she watched my LOs, I came back and she had a dirty diape in a plastic bag, I guess she didnt know what the wetbag was for. lol. But at least she tired, then that following weekend she and her husband came over and brought me "what they bought for us" 2 OS Fuzzi Bunz in the flower prints, one purple one blue. and then some thirsties doublers. Which I never use the doublers, but I am very thankful for what they did and that they try and are supportive.
emy_lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:24 PM   #26
Connors_Mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have to confess, I threw away a Sbish Flat once because it was so disgusting. I was pregnant when this happened and it was the nastiest thing I have ever seen. I have never regretting throwing that thing away

Please excuse any typos/grammar issues, I'm probably NAK
Connors_Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:52 PM   #27
Tweedledum
Registered Users

My aunt CD'd my cousin with PFs and dappis, and she was saying that my uncle always used to throw away any pooped on PFs because "there was no way she was going to get that diaper clean enough to put back on his son!" Good thing she only used PFs!
Tweedledum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:47 PM   #28
youarelovely
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hahaha!
Old 04-18-2010, 11:00 PM   #29
amandabarugh
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltlmrs View Post
yeah, I've gotten used to the whole 'you cloth diaper because you're poor,' attitude from family. While we are not in a stable financial situation and I love how much money CDing is saving us, if I didn't care about the chemicals I would totally make money in the budget for cheap sposies.

I have learned to just give up and let the grandparents use sposies if they buy them themselves. I'll even accept the packs they buy for us and use them when I send Ladybug to either of their houses. It took all my will power to not be ungracious when MIL found out I used mama cloth and bought me those huge maxi pads to use when we were visiting them.
The bolded kinda made me laugh. My mom and MIL think I'm nuts for wanting to use a Diva and mama cloth. My mom called me a "crazy hippie."
Old 04-18-2010, 11:34 PM   #30
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by divabeadz View Post
I would have taken her up on the offer to pay for the ones she'd thrown out (gulp) I bet she'd have been surprised at just how much they cost -- she'd realize you don't cd b/c you're too poor for sposies! And she sure as heck would be sure not to throw out any more of them!!!!!

Blasphemous!!! Throw out a poopy sbish???? That is just crazy talk!
I know, right?!?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeliMami0509 View Post
LOL,I have had people say that they have no idea how I can like CDs over sposies. To me its not a big deal but people think its about money here too. I have several people tell me if I need help financially to pay for diapers!
*sigh* I just really don't get that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandabarugh View Post
The bolded kinda made me laugh. My mom and MIL think I'm nuts for wanting to use a Diva and mama cloth. My mom called me a "crazy hippie."
Yup. When I was waitressing, I kept a cloth pad in the back of my servers notebook. One of the other female servers saw it and said "What's that?" I pulled it out and showed her, and told her. She gave me the weirdest look. This was after she found out that I cloth diapered, so at this point she said "I just need to stop asking you questions." LOL

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote