Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-08-2007, 08:55 AM   #1
Aread
Registered Users

My Mood:
I can't get the stink out of my diapers!

My diapers smell BAD! As soon as I realized how bad they were I tried stripping them in the washer. I thought they were ok until DS wore them and wet in them. The smell is still there. I am assuming it is the inserts that are he culprits. What can I do? Can I soak the inserts in vinegar and water? Baking soda and water? I've washed them in a hot vinegar/baking soda combo wash with extra rinse. Then plain water rinse. Nothing has helped. I can't use them until I get the stink out as they are BAD! This is the first time I've had to strip them since I got my front loaders. I hope that's not the issue since they don't soak in water like in a top loader!?!?!?!?!?

Advertisement

Old 02-08-2007, 08:57 AM   #2
Kylie&Logan'sMommy
A Mommy's Work is Never Done
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: I can't get the stink out of my diapers!

We use dawn exclusively here and it has worked awesome. I dont even get smell from hemp. I do every couple of weeks or so throw in 1/8 cup of bleach to the hot wash

Good Luck
Old 02-08-2007, 09:27 AM   #3
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sorry to tell you Mama but it probably is your front loader- I have one too but I also have a top loader and I keep trying to use my FL and end up with stinkies! I always go back to the TL and they go away.
I've given up on hemp because of it.
Someone told me to try washing on delicate- maybe it uses more water?- but I can't select hot water on my machine with the delicate cycle so it wouldn't help me- damn machines think they are smarter than we are!
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 09:31 AM   #4
mommypatton521
Banned
seller

My Mood:

i would take your inserts and do a hot wash with a little bleach that always fixes it for us
mommypatton521 is offline   Reply With Quote