Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-08-2007, 01:22 AM   #1
funda62
Registered Users
seller
seller

Funny breastfeeding stories?

After reading the discrimination post with a mixture of horror and delight (at what you ladies did!) I thought it might be nice to post some funny or supportive stories.

I had my first DD in Turkey were at 95% of women bf. I had never been around women who breastfed until we moved there and probably would never have even thought to do it before. When DD was a few weeks old some ladies came to over to visit. One brought her 4 and 5 year old sons. When DD started nursing (under a blanket because I was terribly shy) the mom came over and asked if her sons could watch so that they would learn and feel comfortable. I was really embarrsed but later I realized how cool it was. Espically with a sister who didn't want her son "to get the wrong idea". When DD was a bit older I had a lady in McDonald's pull off the blanket and tell me I shouldn't be hiding what I was doing because people need to see. Remember this is a very conservative Muslim country!

With DD two we were here in Germany when in the bookstore on post a Japanese lady came up and asked to watch me nurse. She ooed and awed and said, "There is nothing more beautiful than watching a baby breastfeed."

Maybe if we had commercials of women breasfeeding instead of washing cars in bikinis Americans would be more positive about it to.

Advertisement

Old 02-08-2007, 01:27 AM   #2
crunchymomof3
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2boys0608
seller

My Mood:
Re: Funny breastfeeding stories?

i will have to think of one this should be a good thread .. oh wait here is mine
I was at an LLL meeting and one of the toddlers about 20 months old was watching me nurse ds he was about 7 or 8 months ... she was sitting by me and then came up and tapped on my other breast as if to say Me too I just thought it was cute and told her that her mommy was over their ... hehe
crunchymomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 02:33 AM   #3
aschrimp
Registered Users

Flashing the Family

My brother was in town for thanksgiving this year, and was video taping everything, since he doesn't have any kids and misses his nieces and nephews. DS asks to nurse in this sweet little voice "Ning-a-Ning-a-Ning-a-Ning" and my brother wanted to get it on tape. So ds was hungry and I was going to go into the back room to nurse him (HE won't eat in a busy room - I would have no problem with it, but he is too distractable).

So, with the film running, I asked ds what he wanted. He got this HUGE grin, and said "Ning-a-Ning-a-Ning-a-Ning!" and grabbed the bottom of my shirt and lifted it ALL the way up!!! My poor dad (super conservative) just about died of embarrasment! Everyone else was cracking up and ds got SOOO offended that he was being laughed at, his little face just crumpled up. I felt so bad for him, but I couldn't stop laughing. I had to leave the room to get him calmed back down.

Drowning the Baby

Another time, I was nursing at my parents house in the living room and I was SUPER full because ds hadn't nursed for a while. When my milk let down, he pulled off because he was being flooded. Then my milk squirted, just like a water fountain, right into his open mouth while he lay there absolutely shocked. He didn't know whether to drink up or cry because the mean attack nursies wouldn't let him get away. My mom saw what was happening, and we both started laughing super hard, and of course, poor ds was just heartbroken (thought we were laughing at him again).

Then my dad walked in the room and wanted to know what was so funny.

Andrea - Mama to Lexy (9/7/05) & Serenity (3/14/09)! My Feedback: DS EBay
aschrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 06:47 AM   #4
pottymomma
Registered Users
seller

One time when Sam was about 18 months old, he was wrestling with his dad and pulled up dad's shirt. He saw my dh chest and looked at me funny. I was being silly and teased him, "nurse Daddy". He looked at all the hair and thought of the worst word he knew......"POOP!" he said

http://pottymomma.blogspot.com
pottymomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 07:51 AM   #5
mommyto3girls
Registered Users
seller

This is a my kid, different nusring mommy funny!

Maia nursed until around 2, when she was about 22 months she was at the babysitters and her dil was there. Dil had a 2 moth old and was nursing under a blanket. Maia cozied up next to Bridget and stared for a while and then said "Bridge, I'll go under there next okay?"
mommyto3girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 03:21 PM   #6
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ok this one's sortof lame but it was funny to me. lol

Before I was pregnant, I'd read online about women who said that they "squirted across the room." I wondered if I would be one of those women. One day, I was laying down feeding DD in bed, and DH was there too and we were both still awake and talking. Usually I feed w/ just one breast uncovered, but for some reason this time it was easier to have them both exposed. I felt a letdown coming on so I said to DH "Watch, I'll squirt it across the room," figuring that if I could squirt at all, then letdown would definitely be the time. Well, I didn't squirt. I went drip...drip...drip. lol. I was so sad.

But then a few days later I was walking while nursing DD and she popped off briefly. I looked down and there was a teensy little stream squirting out. It wasn't really "across the room" but it was satisfying to me to finally be able to "squirt". lol. Then once I got over it I had to hurry and get DD latched back on before I got milk everywhere. :P
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 09:18 PM   #7
mrsbehaven007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymomma View Post
One time when Sam was about 18 months old, he was wrestling with his dad and pulled up dad's shirt. He saw my dh chest and looked at me funny. I was being silly and teased him, "nurse Daddy". He looked at all the hair and thought of the worst word he knew......"POOP!" he said
mrsbehaven007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 09:24 PM   #8
mrsbehaven007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

SHARE??

I was nursing my dd .. she was about 8 mths old.. when my little cousin .. who was 2... came over ( she was breastfed as well ) and she looked at mary . I told her... " she was sooo hungry " and the only thing that came out was " well, does she share her ninny?" lol.. I thought it was to cute.. not only was she wanting some.. but she called it a ninny

THE TIT !
I went to texas..and a man came up to me while I was nursing..and started talking to my son .. well when he got close enough ..he noticed he wasnt sleeping.. he was eatin.. he started laughing and said.. " Well dang, that is cool.. hes TAKIN THE TIT!!!!" LOL.. I like to died.. laughing..

YES!!
When my son was about 8 mths old.. he would come lay on my stomach slap my boob and say yes. not that funny.. but to this day.. it is one of my sweetest memories !!
mrsbehaven007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 09:35 PM   #9
Tara62
Registered Users
seller

i wish i had something cute but i was nursing my daughter on a day i hadn't had a shower yet...and she popped off to say, "mommy, you're stinky"

well, i was, but she didn't have to tell me!
Old 02-13-2007, 10:29 AM   #10
mom2fussy
Registered Users
seller

GREAT stories!!!