Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-08-2007, 04:50 PM   #21
Registered Users
Re: PLEASE help me out here

My supply started dropping a few months back, serendipitously, I finally got the hang of the sidelying position (or maybe my son did) and started nursing him in bed with me so I could get more sleep and my supply shot back up. I definitely recommend cosleeping and nursing to help with supply.

Mom to Griffin - 2/5/06, and Rhiannon 12/23/07
Elphaba71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 04:56 PM   #22
Registered Users

YOu could rent a pump, that would make a huge difference. drink lots of water, have skin to skin contact with the baby and nurse him at night too!

good luck with this!

you could look at www.drjacknewman .com and see what he says about relactating (it is possible to relactate up to a year after weaning, so this might be helpful for your situaiton.)

sienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 05:02 PM   #23
Boobies Broke? Gorilla Glue Em!!!
My Mood:

good for you for wanting to try & bring back your supply. I wanted to point out that Lansolin makes a wonderful double electric pump that is exactly like the Ameda Purely Yours and it sells at wal-mart for $150 (I have been using my Ameda for pumping for DD for 18 months while I'm at work and like it so much better than the PIS I use to use)

Have you been to the LLL forums? They have a wonderful relacation forum over there and lots of other mamas who are relactating and inducing lactation for adoption.

I would also recommed adding a SNS since it keeps baby at breast and helps to stimulate supply and teaches LO how to properly latch.

I have supply problems and have been taking Domperidone to her increase & maintain my supply but was also suggested alphalfa supplements recently (haven't tried it yet but I am going to).

Good luck!

Here are the cookies I use to boost my supply:

Housepoet's Famous Lactation Boosting Oatmeal, Chocolate Chip & Flaxseed cookies (created by Noel Pickett
Ingredients :

* 1 cup butter or marg
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 cup brown sugar (I sub both cups of sugar for 1 cup light Agave nectar)
* 4 tablespoons water
* 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal*
* 2 large eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 2 cups flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 3 cups oats, thick cut if you can get them
* 1 cup or more chocolate chips
* 2 tablespoons of brewers yeast* (be generous)

Preheat oven at 375 degrees F. Mix together 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal and water, set aside for 3-5 minutes. Cream (beat well) margarine and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, mix well. Stir flaxseed mixture and add with vanilla to the margarine mix. Beat until blended. Sift together dry ingredients, except oats and chips. Add to margarine mixture. Stir in oats then chips. Scoop or drop onto baking sheet, preferably lined with parchment or silpat. The dough is a little crumbly, so it helps to use a scoop.

Bake 8-12 minutes, depending on size of cookies.

Serves: 6 dozen cookies

Preparation time: 15 minutes

*can be found at any local health food store.
SAHM to James (5 yrs) & Alice (3.5 yrs)
0*1*2*3 4
lilmama2dsndd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 07:07 AM   #24
Registered Users
My Mood:

so did I.......mmmmm.
Deidre SAHM to Nate (2/27/04) & Josh (10/29/06)
deejahd is offline   Reply With Quote