Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-29-2010, 11:39 AM   #1
TanajaPerry
Registered Users

My Mood:
ok. really, enough is enough!

right now i'm really grossed out.. well, i've been grossed out for a while now, but i'm finally at my breaking point.

my daughter stinks! her room stinks!! it's the strongest pee smell i've ever smelled.

she'll be 3 may 17. she's been day trained since about her 2nd birthday. occasionally we had nights where she was dry, but i never pushed the issue because i wanted her to get a good nights sleep. well.. that brings us to now. i limit her water intake before bedtime and she always goes pee before laying down. she has been peeing A LOT. so much infact that all the wetness made a whole in the waterproof liner we had on her bed.

as soon as i wash sheets and put them on her bed, she pees on them that night. i KNOW she can get up to use the bathroom at night because we've seen her do it before.

it's too costly to keep buying pull ups or diapers, especially since we cloth diaper our son. but even then, nothing holds up to all her peeing.

i've tried the whole vinegar and baking soda to help the pee smell, but UGH. it's still so gross. she ends up having 2 baths a day because of the stinky pee smell after she sleeps in her room.

WHAT DO I DO?!?!

i'm thinking it's about time we help her out with some night training or something. and as for the smell, i have no idea what to do.

Advertisement

new blog. come visit me!
http://mainlybraids.blogspot.com
TanajaPerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:51 AM   #2
Sam25!
Registered Users
seller

Re: ok. really, enough is enough!

I feel for you. My dd will 4 in sept and still pees the bed at night. NO matter what sje wears to bed at night she pees through everything. As for the smell what seems to work really well for us is I do a mixture of vinegar and water and scrub her matress. Then you leave a pan of just vinegar in the middle of the room for a day and takes the smell out of the room adn everything. BTW this also works for animal messes in the house. As for what to do at night time. I am still at a loss. We have cut last drinck for the night at dinner time nothing after 6 pm. I have her go in and go pee before bed, and I swear she can still pee a waterfall.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:57 AM   #3
TanajaPerry
Registered Users

My Mood:

same here!! one night i put a pullup AND one of my sons night dipes on her and she was still soaked the next morning.

i'm to the point where i'm willing to set a timer at night to help her go pee.

never thought of sitting a pot of vinegar out in the room though. great idea!

new blog. come visit me!
Old 04-29-2010, 12:03 PM   #4
BigSamsMom
Registered Users
seller

Try an enzymatic cleaner, meant for removing urine and other organic stains, like Bac-Out, Nature's Miracle, or Simple Solution. Use a blacklight to spot the stains on her mattress, and saturate with the enzymatic cleaner, and let air dry.
BigSamsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:37 PM   #5
Chey
Banned

My Mood:

Well, here is what we do. My middle is still a bed wetter occasionally.

We have a plastic sheet on his bed (for the plastic sheet I just buy those plastic picnic table tablecloths, that way they can just be tossed if they get cracket. I buy them at the dollar store)., then cover it with a nice thick mattress pad so it doesn't feel like you are sleeping on a plastic sheet, then bedsheets then blankets. We just wash the mattress pad and sheets when he wets the bed. Sometimes he will go weeks without wetting sometimes like this week, three nights in a row he wet the bed.

Another thing we do is whoever is the last one to go to bed gets the out of bed and carries them to the bathroom and puts them on the potty. Don't worry about interrupting their sleep, they don't even wake up. Take her to the bathroom, sit her on the potty, and tell her to go pee. Just the sensation of sitting on the potty is usually enough. We have done this for years, and even still do it with DS1 when we are sure he won't wake up to use the bathroom, like when we know he's had lots to drink close to bedtime, or when we've had a long day and we know he will be sleeping like a rock. It works like a charm and honest to goodness they do not wake up when you pack them to the washroom.

It might not solve your problem completely but it should stop her from soaking through the pullup and diaper.

Last edited by Chey; 04-29-2010 at 12:41 PM.
Chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:37 PM   #6
Chey
Banned

My Mood:

Double post

Last edited by Chey; 04-29-2010 at 12:40 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:41 PM   #7
TanajaPerry
Registered Users

My Mood:

smart thinking. i always figured that i should wake her and make her go that way she was aware of it, but as long as she's not wetting her bed so much, i'm willing to try anything!

new blog. come visit me!
Old 04-29-2010, 12:45 PM   #8
Chey
Banned

My Mood:

Waking her up won't help because she probably won't wake up enough to remember it. My kids are 6 and 5 and I have a hard time carrying them now so if they fall asleep in the van I have to wake them up to walk in the house and they go straight to bed and to sleep and in the morning they always ask who carried them into bed. LOL.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:01 PM   #9
tazzae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I second the 'take them while they are sleeping' suggestion. This is exactly what we do with my 6 year old. My dd will stir around 10-11pm (grumbles a few times in her sleep) and one of us takes her; she always has to go!
Old 04-29-2010, 01:31 PM   #10
TanajaPerry
Registered Users

My Mood:

i remember times like that when i was little. i always felt really weird because i couldn't figure out how i got in the house. lol

new blog. come visit me!