Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-25-2010, 08:31 PM   #11
amygamie
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Some sort of bug/parasite in DSs stool

Advertisement

Life is what happens when your too busy making other plans
Deleted post bc being stalked

Last edited by amygamie; 02-02-2011 at 11:36 AM. Reason: .
amygamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:39 AM   #12
naomi's mama
Registered Users
seller

Here's another idea?

My DS ate bananas for the first time the other week and had little black worm like threads in his poop. I freaked out. I searched online for some ideas and read that sometimes when LOs start solids and eats bananas, then there could be black threads in his poop. Sure enough, DH had fed him bananas for the first time the day before...so maybe?

btw, I also read online that's like PPs said, it's pretty normal and easily treatable if it is pin worms, for ex.
naomi's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:14 AM   #13
BuggaBuggaBoutique
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Momma to 4 girls and one boy! Smoke Free, Pet Free Home!
BuggaBuggaBoutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:56 AM   #14
idma2three
Registered Users
seller

We went into the peds office yesterday, but have to go back this afternoon. The options were to be referred to the hospital for testeing (waiting 3 days for results???) or come back this afternoon and have the stool sample submitted to the peds lab which wasn't open yesterday.

DS seems a little tired, less active than usual. But that could be attributed to a lot of things. We are just waiting until this afternoon to see what's going on. He is still eating/drinking. He ate a chunk of banana last week, but he has had bananas many times before and what we saw in his poop was completely different than the little stringies. And it has been in his last 3 poops now.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:12 AM   #15
sUpermOm81
Do not B/T with. Contact ~happy2Bamommy~ if involved in a transaction.
seller

My Mood:

Poor little baby. I would be freaking out. KUP!
Old 04-26-2010, 10:20 AM   #16
n3w2cl0th
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yea...i agree with pinworms....super common and contagious....I had them once when I was like 7yrs old...TERRIBLE>...it does kick your butt....good luck (HUGS)
Old 04-26-2010, 11:40 AM   #17
DocsNemesis
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hmmm...can find anything online that looks like it? I'd ask for pics but I'm assuming that'd be gross, lol.

If they look like earwigs, I can't imagine it being worms...of course, I could totally be wrong but still. Doesn't make sense to me.

Are they dead or alive? My fiance suggested that maybe they're actually getting into his diaper somehow as opposed to coming from internally.

www.Hyenacart.com/Naked for dyed tee's, flats, yarn, and soon, bamboo prefolds! Stocking 7/20!
DocsNemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:11 PM   #18
idma2three
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocsNemesis View Post
Hmmm...can find anything online that looks like it? I'd ask for pics but I'm assuming that'd be gross, lol.

If they look like earwigs, I can't imagine it being worms...of course, I could totally be wrong but still. Doesn't make sense to me.

Are they dead or alive? My fiance suggested that maybe they're actually getting into his diaper somehow as opposed to coming from internally.
Well, I'm not saying I went through and dug them out of the poo and rinsed them. However, maybe I should have. It is totally possible that it just looks like an earwig to me...but isn't. He had 2 poops today and nothing that looked very concerning.

I'm not sure how anything could get in his diaper before I put them on him, or while he is wearing them. They were dead and looked like they had come out with the poop. Nothing in pee diapes. I would take pics...I have been trying to get someone to look at his poop since Saturday. My DH just left for work for the month on Sat morning, and everyone else thinks I should just throw the diapers away. But they are at home, and I am not. I am heading back to get them and go to the docs shortly.

And throw the diapers away. We are talking BG organic AIOs and GMs here. NO WAY!
Old 04-26-2010, 02:14 PM   #19
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If the doc agrees it is a parasite, you may want to deworm all your kids! I would probably even do it just to be on the safe side.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:23 PM   #20
jveprek
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ewwwww, I agree with everyone else. I'd just bag a diaper with the 'creatures' in it and take it like that in to the Dr.
jveprek is offline   Reply With Quote