Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-26-2010, 02:37 PM   #21
Winter
Registered Users
seller

Re: Some sort of bug/parasite in DSs stool

Quote:
Originally Posted by idma2three View Post
Well, I'm not saying I went through and dug them out of the poo and rinsed them. However, maybe I should have. It is totally possible that it just looks like an earwig to me...but isn't. He had 2 poops today and nothing that looked very concerning.

I'm not sure how anything could get in his diaper before I put them on him, or while he is wearing them. They were dead and looked like they had come out with the poop. Nothing in pee diapes. I would take pics...I have been trying to get someone to look at his poop since Saturday. My DH just left for work for the month on Sat morning, and everyone else thinks I should just throw the diapers away. But they are at home, and I am not. I am heading back to get them and go to the docs shortly.

And throw the diapers away. We are talking BG organic AIOs and GMs here. NO WAY!

Double check with your doc, but some bleach and peroxide should do the trick. Good luck!

Advertisement

Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:39 PM   #22
browneyedgrl2411
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebee View Post
If the doc agrees it is a parasite, you may want to deworm all your kids! I would probably even do it just to be on the safe side.
How do you deworm them?
browneyedgrl2411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:09 PM   #23
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedgrl2411 View Post
How do you deworm them?
Lol! I remember taking medicine as kids every now and then, i really liked the taste of it. I'm sure you can still buy it OTC and i would check with your doc or a pharmacist what is best!
Old 04-27-2010, 01:26 PM   #24
abaigeal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So what did the doctor say?

Wildtree consultant-feed your family healthier
http://www.mywildtree.com/abbycravillion/
abaigeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:46 PM   #25
idma2three
Registered Users
seller

They tested his poop from Saturday and a fresh one he gave them as we walked into the office. Both came back negative. We are just baffled now. Unless he ate bugs, or they did in fact crawl in his dipes.

I took apart his bed, moved everything out of his room, washed the walls, vacuumed everywhere, diped down his crib, and changed all of his bedding. No sign of anything.

But...the doctor threw away the bag that had our BG organic AIO and a flip organic insert after he took it to the lab. The lab tech brought back the GM that she had taken in. But she said, hey the doctor is throwing those diapers away, they weren't cloth too were they? So, he came back in and his face fell when I explained that he just tossed approx $35 worth of diapers. He didn't really offer any solution, so I asked...will you be reimbursing me personally, or should I stop up front on my way out. Needless to say, he ended up jumping in to the dumpster. Hahaha.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:51 PM   #26
Maverick's Mama
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by idma2three View Post
They tested his poop from Saturday and a fresh one he gave them as we walked into the office. Both came back negative. We are just baffled now. Unless he ate bugs, or they did in fact crawl in his dipes.

I took apart his bed, moved everything out of his room, washed the walls, vacuumed everywhere, diped down his crib, and changed all of his bedding. No sign of anything.

But...the doctor threw away the bag that had our BG organic AIO and a flip organic insert after he took it to the lab. The lab tech brought back the GM that she had taken in. But she said, hey the doctor is throwing those diapers away, they weren't cloth too were they? So, he came back in and his face fell when I explained that he just tossed approx $35 worth of diapers. He didn't really offer any solution, so I asked...will you be reimbursing me personally, or should I stop up front on my way out. Needless to say, he ended up jumping in to the dumpster. Hahaha.

Too funny! It gives me the creeps about those bugs though...earwig looking bugs in a dipe is NOTTTTTT normal by anyone's standards.
Maverick's Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:54 PM   #27
browneyedgrl2411
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well I know that there were no real answers but I am glad that there is nothing wrong mama. I know that was hard to deal with. Try not to drive yourself crazy now wondering what it was!!
browneyedgrl2411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:37 PM   #28
amygamie
Registered Users

My Mood:

I.

Life is what happens when your too busy making other plans
Deleted post bc being stalked

Last edited by amygamie; 01-28-2011 at 03:57 PM. Reason: .
amygamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:48 AM   #29
idma2three
Registered Users
seller

We had a poopy diaper this morning that was 'normal'. Nothing out of the ordinary. I am taking a sample of it in to run the test one more time. Then we will be sure DS is ok.

They gave me containers this time...probably so they wouldn't accidentally throw our dipes away again.

Thanks all for the advice and encouragement. I am glad he is ok, but still baffled.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:45 AM   #30
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So I've been following this post and a thought just occurred to me. Last summer, when we were visiting my in-laws, my DD (about 2 at that time) consumed a bowl of cereal with weevils in it before anyone noticed that they were there. Those little buggers can get into many dry goods and do an excellent job of blending in with rice (especially brown) and pasta. Once I cooked a pot of pasta and then realized there were these strange brown things floating at the top. It wouldn't have hurt us to eat them, but I threw it out and got out something different for dinner that night.

Anywho, my point is that perhaps there was something like this that snuck in and was only noticed on the exit. That might explain why you only saw them in the loose stools and now aren't seeing them anymore. Weevils remind me of really small earwigs.