Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-18-2007, 08:46 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Spent the night in the ER

Dakotah is sick. She was perfectly fine until 5 oclock last night when I set her up for dinner, she wasn't eating, and acting sleepy and was warm. I gave her tylenol for the fever but it wasn't bringing it down from 102.2. I waited and gave her another dose at 10 pm last night, by 12:30am we were driving her to the ER. She was moaning and jerking her body. And her fever was not coming down at all. When we got in the ER it was 103.3. They gave her Motrin and lectured me about not giving her enough tylenol (I gave what it said on the package for her weight) It finally broke at almost 2 am, and we discovered that she has her first ear infection and Flaryngitis (however the heck you spell that) so we finally got home around 3am after stopping at Walgreens for tylenol, motrin and her antibiotic. Sigh, I'm not used to this, she's never had a fever that didn't come down with one does of tylenol and she's never jerked that way like last night. I thought something really really bad was happening because it just came on right away with no symptoms before hand. So I'm exhausted and she's playing right now, just thought I'd update ya'll.

Oh yeah, and I got reamed by both the nurse and doctor for not getting her 12, 18 month shots...they were telling me all the horrible things of getting the diseases and made me feel like a horrible I haven't agonized over this since she was born??

eta: I forgot to mention that the nurse complimented my daughter's hot pink velor Zephyr Cloth Diaper...she said she had no clue they had things like that and still thought that there are only the white gerbers lol

side note how contagious is rotovirus? When we were in the exam room, I heard the doctor on the phone talking to a little girls doctor about that she had rotovirus and was dehydrated and that they were keeping her, they were just in the same room we were moments before they called us in!!!

Judi, Single Mama to Dakotah 4 and Joshua 13 months
Tootsie Tootles My Gallery Etsy
Will Knit For Yarn, Your Yarn My Needles, Custom Handspinning Available, PM ME!

Last edited by Tootsiemomma; 02-18-2007 at 09:27 AM.
Tootsiemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 09:12 AM   #2
Moderator at heart, but no longer moderator
The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the right
Re: Spent the night in the ER

poor baby
SAHM to David (5) ; wife to my sweetie. Praise the Lord
sorry Im not around as I use to be
Old DS Feedback DP Feedback action NOW!!
SandyG is offline   Reply With Quote