Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-29-2010, 06:14 PM   #1
crunch!910
Registered Users

persistant fever

I'm not one fast to medicate. DS has had fevers before up to 102, and he was fine so I didn't medicate.

I'm not sure exactly how long this fever has persisted. I noticed he was cranky and warm to the touch maybe 5 days ago? He was about 99 degrees. The next day, he was fine. The following day he felt slightly warm again, but under 100. Yesterday it went up to 103+. Cool clothes, a cool washcloth on his head and a lukewarm bath.. and we got it down to 102.5. This morning he was closer to 100 and acting better. Tonight it is back up to 103.1.

Teething tablets have helped. No diarrhea, no vomiting. Nothing to suspect it is anything really serious. He's grumpy and irritable, but he still plays and we can get him to laugh. He's still eating fine. Good wets,but has been pooping more often in smaller amounts, but not runny yet.

Anyone else's LO have such a hard time with teething? His first tooth was like this a bit too. Got a high fever of 102.1 with that first tooth, but the fever broke when the tooth cut through. Or is this not teething?

Advertisement

Old 04-29-2010, 06:32 PM   #2
boysx4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: persistant fever

I would think this is not teething with a temp near 103. I would maybe call my ped since it has been 5 days or so (most viruses clear in 3-5 so they usually use the 5 day rule).

Jen, wife to Russ , & Mommy to 4 boys!
boysx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:37 PM   #3
BookishMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have a friend whose LO's only symptoms of ear infection are fever, irritability and diarrhea. Yep, diarrhea. He doesn't even get a runny nose or other respiratory symptoms first.
DS (6), DD (Born 2/15/2010)
BookishMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:43 PM   #4
crunch!910
Registered Users

Oh gosh darnit. I thought I escaped the possibility of ear infection. He pulled on his ear a few days ago, but hasn't done it since. And since teething tablets were helping, I thought it was teething.

Going to the doctor will not be fun. They harrass us, insult our beliefs, etc. Please pray for DS and an uneventful doctor visit! I'll have to call in the morning.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:20 PM   #5
boysx4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm sorry Mama. Hopefully it will be uneventful.

ETA: The teething tablets may have helped if it was an ear infection because the ear, nose, teeth, throat are all connected nerve wise.

Jen, wife to Russ , & Mommy to 4 boys!

Last edited by boysx4; 04-29-2010 at 07:21 PM.
boysx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:22 PM   #6
ttachuk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Fever without obvious cause (ie. cough, stomach flu, etc) needs to be investigated if it persists longer than 24 hours, especially in children.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:37 PM   #7
crunch!910
Registered Users

No ear infection, nothing serious. Just a viral infection. WAit it out until hisbody fights it off naturally, as I suspected. Good to know it is nothing serious though. And GLAD to know it isn't an ear infection.