View Poll Results: Have you heard of Craniosynotosis?
Yes 21 32.31%
No 38 58.46%
my child has cranio 8 12.31%
I know someone with a child with cranio 5 7.69%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-06-2010, 02:53 AM   #11
Revy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Are you aware of Craniosynostosis?

Craniosynostosis is a condition in which one or more of the fibrous sutures in an infant skull prematurely fuses.

How sad that you are going through this kind of test mama. Thank you for sharing this kind of information. I never knew about this.

Advertisement

Naturally for Her is the first company dedicated in providing the best organic and natural fertility management options like Lady-Comp and the Today Sponge FREE SHIPPING in the US! FREE 1 BOX of Natacare 100% Organic products in every purchase of Lady-Comp!
Revy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:39 AM   #12
Eph&Ella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes Mama! Had to do a little digging! Here are a couple from the early months. Once he got hair you can't see the bumps any more.

His frontal lobes are more flat and you can see a very pronounced RIDGE running from ear to ear.

Hope this helps! Feel free to PM if you just want to talk.

Last edited by Eph&Ella; 08-14-2010 at 11:44 AM.
Eph&Ella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:53 AM   #13
lil'mommakaye
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyjamieof2 View Post
Craniosynostosis--the premature closing of one or more sutures or fibrous joints knitting the bones of the infant's skull--showed 2.5 times more prevalence in infants exposed in utero to SSRIs. This condition also varies in severity. It can be primarily a bone condition of the skull or it can be secondary to an underdeveloped brain in the infant.

Craniosynostosis occurs in about four per 10,000 births according to the National Institutes of Health. A 2.8 times greater occurrence of this condition will cause 2,305 more U.S. babies to be born each year with this birth defect as a result of their mothers taking SSRIs in the first trimester of pregnancy.
What are SSRIs???

Krystal
Momma to 99, 07 & Stella Grace 10/28/10
~My Star In Heaven~
lil'mommakaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:53 PM   #14
jhaz1230
Precious Peanuts Boutique
seller

My Mood:

My 2 year old has a very mild form of Cranio. Her front sutures closed when she was about 6 months old. We we're very fortunate that all she has is a ridge in the center of her forehead (straight down between her eye brows) And a permanent "knot" on the top of her head. We went every few months for U/S's with a Neuro who kept an eye on her head growth and we were finally cleared a few months ago.

to all the momma's who little one's had it worse.... I really feel for you

SSRI= Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, or anti depressants
Old 05-07-2010, 09:13 AM   #15
mommyjamieof2
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eph&Ella View Post
Yes Mama! Had to do a little digging! Here are a couple from the early months. Once he got hair you can't see the bumps any more.

His frontal lobes are more flat and you can see a very pronounced RIDGE running from ear to ear.

Hope this helps! Feel free to PM if you just want to talk.
Thanks
mommyjamieof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:14 AM   #16
mommyjamieof2
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaz1230 View Post
My 2 year old has a very mild form of Cranio. Her front sutures closed when she was about 6 months old. We we're very fortunate that all she has is a ridge in the center of her forehead (straight down between her eye brows) And a permanent "knot" on the top of her head. We went every few months for U/S's with a Neuro who kept an eye on her head growth and we were finally cleared a few months ago.

to all the momma's who little one's had it worse.... I really feel for you

SSRI= Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, or anti depressants

I am so so happy for you thats great she was cleared!
Old 05-07-2010, 09:19 AM   #17
mommyjamieof2
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitneywalters View Post
I wrote a blog about this for the diaperswappers blog.

My son had it.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/diaper...2%80%99s-story
I am so happy his surgery went well
Old 05-07-2010, 09:36 AM   #18
gigismomma
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for spreading awareness!

My husband was born with his saggital suture fused. He had surgery at 6 weeks old to separate the bones; they put some kind of mesh thing where his soft spot should have been. His brain/head was able to develop normally with no future surgeries needed. He does have an odd shaped skull as an adult (he has a "dent" where his soft spot should be, because that is how his skull eventually hardened), but it is simply cosmetic. You'd never notice it with his hair.......eventually when he is bald it will be noticeable, but it doesn't bother him.
gigismomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:47 PM   #19
mommyjamieof2
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigismomma View Post
Thanks for spreading awareness!

My husband was born with his saggital suture fused. He had surgery at 6 weeks old to separate the bones; they put some kind of mesh thing where his soft spot should have been. His brain/head was able to develop normally with no future surgeries needed. He does have an odd shaped skull as an adult (he has a "dent" where his soft spot should be, because that is how his skull eventually hardened), but it is simply cosmetic. You'd never notice it with his hair.......eventually when he is bald it will be noticeable, but it doesn't bother him.
That's awsome it doesn't bother him that is one thing I worry about with possibly leaving my sons uncorrected is how he will feel about it in the future. But at this point he doesn't feel odd and not many people even realize his head is different. I only notice it now because I know before I never thought much of it everyone looks different right?!? (sigh) if only I had the answers I just don't know what to do. We are going to have a MRI done on the 26th and then back to the surgeons on the 16th of June I hope and pray he does not have any signs of damage or pressure from this.