Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-03-2010, 08:24 AM   #1
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
My Mood:
Old School Challenge!

Do you have an awesome prefold or flat stash, but find yourself grabbing fitteds, pockets, or all-in-ones more often?

I know I do! I have TONS of prefolds & flats, but Luke wears fitteds almost exclusively during the day & pockets/AIOs when we're out & about.

I'm going to do a "old school" challenge myself & see if I can use every prefold I have (that fits) before using any other style of diaper! It's wash day, so it's perfect timing to start for me!

If you want to play along, post here & then update with your progress! I personally can't wait to see the first OOTD&RTG with JUST PREFOLDS & FLATS! They are going to be SO PRETTY hanging on the clothes line!

Minor cheating is ok. I know I can go a couple days on prefolds alone, but I have to use my BSRB for overnight, Luke's skin is very sensitive & nothing else keeps him dry enough...but that's it, just ONE overnight dipe for me!

Play along, it'll be fun!

Steph: DW to Tim
Proud Mama to Lucas Wayne 10/18/09 & Vincent James8/8/11

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:49 AM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Old School Challenge!

I'll play! I tend to pick up my PFs before any fitted/pocket/AIO anyways, so this may not be a real challenge for me, at least not during the day anyways, but I think I could handle a PF at night or out and about! We'll see! I am about to put a load of diapers in myself!
Hailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:57 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

Ha, mines in his last prefold right now! it's the first time I've used all 20. I did go through a few others but I mainly use prefolds. As silly as it is it's just less stressful not worrying about his more expensive fitteds and pockets getting stained.
jaime1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:05 AM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

We've been using a lot more PFs now, but her red-edged are too small and the browns are a bit big unless they're under a PUL cover, I just can't get the legs tight enough with pins and won't let her run around in a snappi under longies it's all I want to use, just have to figure out how to get them to fit her current body shape - in undies atm though!
Carly, momma to Matthew (5/2/05) and Jillian Grace (4/30/08) My Knitting Gallery Open for Customs
cmarsh31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:07 AM   #5
Banned- member requested

Well I only have flat so I'm up for the challenge Flats are all I've used for two kids (going on three years now) I do have a dozen Rearz prefolds coming and I'm so excited to try something new LOL! And Flats do look nice hanging out on the clothes line! If I get to washing mine today I'll post pictures
myfrugalfunlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:07 AM   #6
Registered Users
Formerly: yuja
My Mood:

Challenge, smallenge. All we use around here are flats. Over five dozen of them, actually. I do have other styles, but I love the simplicity and the ease of washing them.
K-Murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:40 AM   #7
My Mood:

Hee hee, that's mostly all we use, too. Some pockets, occasional pul covers, but mostly prefolds and wool. I just did the diaper laundry last night, otherwise I would have taken a pic, but here is last weeks pic!

And wool shorties and a sweater now both off the needles.

whirlwindwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:06 AM   #8
Registered Users
My Mood:

I'll play! I've got enough pfs and flats to last for several days. My minor-cheat will be sposies at night (well starting tomorrow night it will be g diapers)
Beth, wife to Matt 11-25-06, mommy to Levi Allen 11-23-07 and Waylon Fenimore, My VBAC baby 09-17-09 My Gallery. I would love to dye something for you! PM for details. Major Yarn Destash!!!!!!
Bethannp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:11 AM   #9
Registered Users
My Mood:

I just prepped my rearz prefolds from Franklin goose So I'll play.

My DD is actually in a Sbish flat right now sleeping, I put a BG organic in there though since it had to hold all night, but all of our other night diapers are on the line.
Jennifer, wife to Joel. Mother to 3 amazing girls: my adorable twins Justice and Juliette (8-07), and my cutie baby girl Jocelyn (9-09) We are a ing,ing, BFing, BWing family of 5 J's...soon to be 6 FSOT yarn and wool
pinknpurfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:12 AM   #10
Registered Users
My Mood:

Fun! I am switching to mostly prefolds and flat. I got sooo sick of stuffing 25 pockets every other night! Yesterday was diaper laundry day an what a joy to dump a load of flats and prefolds on the bed an be able to fold them in 5 minutes! You dont even have to fold them if you don't want, they are ready right out of the dryer! Love it! DH is going to mow a spot out in the back an do some sort of clothes line this coming weekend, sooo excited. My old line is falling down : ( Can't wait for pics!
Tammy, happily married to JD for 16 years. SAHM to 9 great kiddos! Austin(17), Madisyn(15), Samantha(11), Max(9),Emmaree(6), Hadley(4), and Carly(2), and babyJack!
mrschaeos is offline   Reply With Quote