Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-03-2010, 04:22 PM   #11
goingfor3
Registered Users

Re: ALDI - can anyone give opinions?

I didn't know there milk was hormone free?
I thought I even looked at it once for that and couldn't find it. Anybody know off the top of their head where it says it on the label?
(I have been buying only whole milk at Aldi's and my 2% at Costco cause I knew Costco had hormone free).

Advertisement

goingfor3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:34 PM   #12
ldsmom06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It says hormone free in a yellow circle in the top right corner of the label

We get our canned goods from there along with tortilla chips, tortillas and sometimes milk for ds.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:48 PM   #13
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by goingfor3 View Post
I didn't know there milk was hormone free?
I thought I even looked at it once for that and couldn't find it. Anybody know off the top of their head where it says it on the label?
(I have been buying only whole milk at Aldi's and my 2% at Costco cause I knew Costco had hormone free).
mine doesnt say hormone free all the time. Usually there is a small yellow circle in the top left corner, but their website says that ALL of their milk is hormone free. I will try to find it on their website again and link it.

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:28 PM   #14
mycdsqueaker
Registered Users
Formerly: juliasmom92905
seller

We just rediscovered ALDI's and I have to say that we have been impressed with just about everything there. I have been able to fill an entire cart up and walk out spending about $65.00 I took my hubby there the other day and he was convinced we spent over $100. He about fell over when the cashier said $65.
I am pretty picky about produce and meat and have no complaints about it. The only reason we don't buy meat there is because it's a little cheaper at BJ's.
I love that each week they clearance out a bunch of things and you can get them at super cheap prices. (Ex: dinner rolls for .10 cents a package, portable yogurt sticks for .99 cents etc.....).
Also, everything sold at Aldi's has a double guarantee. If you don't like the product for ANY reason they will replace the product AND refund you the money. You don't need a receipt either. I contacted them about some pizza we didn't care for a couple weeks ago and I got a letter from them. I took the letter in and it wasn't an issue getting the refund. The manager said that I didn't even have to call the corporate office, I could have just brought the package back into the store and they would have replaced it. She said, even if we didn't like how it tasted, they would replace it. She went on to explain that if I ever thought something wasn't "right" to bring in the actual product and they send it to their labds for testing. She reiterated several times that they strive for quality products.
So I got two different pizzas and my $5.00 from Aldi's. But today in the mail, I got a letter from the company that actually makes the pizza and they gave me $6.00 to replace the pizza as well.
We totally love their yogurt and texas toast. Their produce has always been great. But with the double guarantee, we aren't afraid to try anything.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:16 PM   #15
kbstanley3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I LOVE ALDIS! If it wasn't for that place, we would have starved the year my DH was laid off!
Old 05-06-2010, 10:28 AM   #16
blossomgoat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

gonna have to check out our local Aldis. We just moved.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:33 AM   #17
Naturally Wise
Registered Users
Formerly: kickboxkay
seller

My Mood:

We <3 Aldi!! They don't have the biggest selection, but their deals are fantastic. The produce is nice, and the milk is hormone free, I believe. Check it out!
Naturally Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:02 AM   #18
LoveThyScent
Banned

My Mood:

I won't shop there again, I would rather go to walmart. Their food is very low quality compared to walmart. Their cheese isn't real after reading the ingredients and it tastes awful. Salsa & plain yogurt is horrible. Seems like everything you pick up in that store has high fructose corn syrup. I don't buy meat, because I'm a vegetarian, but my aunt bought a ham from them for easter and she didn't like it at all. The only thing I do like is their frozen asparagus. They used to carry frozen stir fry all veggie mixes, but everything has meat or seafood in it now. I really did used to like them though.
LoveThyScent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:39 AM   #19
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveThyScent View Post
I won't shop there again, I would rather go to walmart. Their food is very low quality compared to walmart. Their cheese isn't real after reading the ingredients and it tastes awful. Salsa & plain yogurt is horrible. Seems like everything you pick up in that store has high fructose corn syrup. I don't buy meat, because I'm a vegetarian, but my aunt bought a ham from them for easter and she didn't like it at all. The only thing I do like is their frozen asparagus. They used to carry frozen stir fry all veggie mixes, but everything has meat or seafood in it now. I really did used to like them though.
This surprises me- we were loyal WM shoppers turned Aldi shoppers and love Aldi's dairy- was your cheese Happy Farms or something like that? Maybe they get their stock from local dairys?
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:18 PM   #20
LoveThyScent
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4boysforme View Post
This surprises me- we were loyal WM shoppers turned Aldi shoppers and love Aldi's dairy- was your cheese Happy Farms or something like that? Maybe they get their stock from local dairys?
It is happy farms. For instance the cheddar taste nothing like cheddar it's bland & tons of annatto to color it almost a bright orange.I don't know where they get it, but it's really gross.
LoveThyScent is offline   Reply With Quote